Is the DUP ready for prime time?

patwmcgee

Twitter
patwmcgee
The party is receiving a tremendous amount of interest worldwide, even in a number of US media outlets. How will the leadership respond to being under the spotlight with constant media attention?

If it were me, I would put Emma Little-Pengelly out front as leader instead of Foster. She is at least attractive and gives the party a much better image on TV. That was part of the problem with Teresa May and Hillary Clinton...many men listened to them for just a few minutes and immediately recognized that scolding, shrewish tone of voice.

Catalpast

The party is receiving a tremendous amount of interest worldwide, even in a number of US media outlets. How will the leadership respond to being under the spotlight with constant media attention?

If it were me, I would put Emma Little-Pengelly out front as leader instead of Foster. She is at least attractive and gives the party a much better image on TV. That was part of the problem with Teresa May and Hillary Clinton...many men listened to them for just a few minutes and immediately recognized that scolding, shrewish tone of voice.
ELP is 1st class eye candy...:cool:

razorblade

No and they never will be i await the day of a united Ireland to finally see them confined to the dustbin of history where they belong.

AhNowStop

Ha, the question should be "is prime time (the world) ready for the DUP?"

maybe 300 years ago ,,,, but now, no 😂

eoghanacht

I hear there'll be oo marches down Pall Mall from now on.

SgtBilko

Let's hope you all maintain the sense of humour when the 'shopping list' starts rolling out. Good times ahead lads.

statsman

Won't last a month. Possibly a week.

statsman

Nonsense. There is no other show in town for the Conservates. The DUP have them (and, deliciously, SF/IRA) over the proverbial barrel.
Until May is ditched.

vivabrigada

Nonsense. There is no other show in town for the Conservates. The DUP have them (and, deliciously, SF/IRA) over the proverbial barrel.
Get the party started, I'm hearing Boris Johnson is going to challenge May for the leadership. Who are the dup negotiating with!?
The shambles has started. lol

SgtBilko

Get the party started, I'm hearing Boris Johnson is going to challenge May for the leadership. Who are the dup negotiating with!?
The shambles has started. lol
Meanwhile 'no voice' SF/IRA sit back and beg for Devolution. Calls for Arlene to stand down are a mere distant memory. :lol:

mangaire2

I agree, she's very easy on the eye,
on the other hand, her dad was a prominent Loyalist involved in an attempt to import arms into NI,

a bit embarrassing don't you think for the Tories ?

Central Scrutinizer

It's all wishful fappin'... on behalf of the Tories - and the DUP! A new election is on the cards somewhere down the road.....

vinoboy

It's all wishful fappin'... on behalf of the Tories - and the DUP! A new election is on the cards somewhere down the road.....
Tories cannot risk an election until they get a leader who can campaign rather than the current Maybot.
Even if they do ,it will take a year to make themselves look popular,in the meantime DUP will be crucial.

New Threads

Most Replies