Is the EU and the Euro about to collapse. We we be forced to prop it up leaving us in poverty. What can we do.?

valamhic

Is the EU and the Euro about to collapse. We we be forced to prop it up leaving us in poverty. What can we do.?

It now appears as though the world banking crisis of 2008 and the Irish collapse which impoverished us, is happening again in Europe's biggest economies. Trump has left America's finances safe with growth reported and a bullish stock market sure to last at least 3 more years. He has cut the green obsession (depending on how you see it).

On the other hand, Europe is moving to power its domestic and industrial economies with wind farms and solar farms resulting in the highest electricity prices in the world. Climate caps means there will be no real industrial growth. Here in Ireland our Nation Pension Reserve fund is gone completely to prop up the Euro and the last funds were paid to Gaelectric, which is up for sale with no buyers in sight. The European investment Bank is handing out money hand over fist to promote its obsession with renewable offering 50 million to Owenwinney wind farm in Mayo. Everythingis going to renewables and even if we were 1005 renewable, we still have to feed our selves.

But enough of my battle with the Greens and may I turn to what we can do. What if the whole thing collapses? Should we move any little money we have to the dollar and other non Euro currencies? If the Celtic Tiger taught us anything, it is that long threatening comes at last. As the Euro ship sinks, the EU will take us for every cent we have. The UK is going next year, a cash cow gone. Greece is a basket case for the next 10 years. Spain has high unemployment with its traditional skills gone. Germany has no government, Poland and Hungary have moved to an Euro skeptic mode and then there is Italy. Irish growth will not be enough, .

Please read this article and comment. https://www.globalresearch.ca/crisis-of-eu-banking-break-up-of-the-european-union-eu-ecb-head-mario-draghi/5571969#

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_debt_crisis

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/848312/Eurozone-news-ECB-euro-economy-crisis-september-meeting-draghi

Last edited:

paulp

yes we should buy bitcoins

when the EU collapses, no doubt at some stage over the next 10,000 years, we'll have some bitcoin

Spirit Of Newgrange

EU is doomed. All previous attempts at European unification have failed.

1. Roman empire,2 Charlemagne,3 Catholic empire,4 Napoleon,5 Hitler,6 Stalin......all these empires failed. As will 7. the EU.

And funny enough, the weaknesses in all of the above often started to manifest in England first.

1 Roman Legions left Britain first in 410 then the empire fell. 2. Never bossed the english. 3. Henry viii, elizabeth & Spanish Armada. 4. Anglo-irishman Wellington 5. Churchill 6. Thatcher/Reagan 7. Brexit.

Last edited:

eoghanacht

Qui Qui!

hollandia

Grey squirrels or Red?
I have some Tulip bulbs I'm looking to shift and squirrels might be a good investment.
Tulips have gone the way the euro is going to go. Yer a sheister.

Dublin 4

It's being killed off with Brex & the rise of the Far Right, no Govt in Germany in 7 Months, Parallel currency on the Horizon in Italy, Macron saying yesterday France would vote to Leave, Catalonia...

I've never said that the Euro Currency would break but that the Crisis would continue- as it has done.

Here we have FG propped up by FF, Record National Debt, Record National Debt Interest, Record Homelessness, Record Housing Waiting Lists, Record Patients on Trollies, Record Hospital Waiting Lists, 4 Army Barracks & over 250 Garda Stations closed.

Greece isn't fixable & now requires a 4th Bailout which will cause huge problems in Greece but also in Germany, Netherlands, Finland as opposition to the Charade Continues.

Oh by the Way Deutsche Bank has been declared the greatest Threat to Global Financial Security by the IMF & Merkel really is a Nazi :shock2:

Everybody is laughing at the Goldman Sachs / EU - it's like Fawlty Towers

Always, always back the Brits against the Germans ;)

FunkyBoogaloo

Grey squirrels or Red?
I have some Tulip bulbs I'm looking to shift and squirrels might be a good investment.
Red, of course. Grey ones are a bit manky.

I would think it prudent to spread your investments (not put them all into one basket... so to speak). I know of a company - a sure thing - operating in the South Seas. Might be a good idea to invest some bulbs there too.

Dublin 4

Oh & let's not forget about Poland's Membership wavering & the overall Visegrad bedlam :lol:

CookieMonster

It now appears as though the world banking crisis of 2008 and the Irish collapse which impoverished us, is happening again in Europe's biggest economies. Trump has left America's finances safe with growth reported and a bullish stock market sure to last at least 3 more years. He has cut the green obsession (depending on how you see it).

On the other hand, Europe is moving to power its domestic and industrial economies with wind farms and solar farms resulting in the highest electricity prices in the world. Climate caps means there will be no real industrial growth. Here in Ireland our Nation Pension Reserve fund is gone completely to prop up the Euro and the last funds were paid to Gaelectric, which is up for sale with no buyers in sight. The European investment Bank is handing out money hand over fist to promote its obsession with renewable offering 50 million to Owenwinney wind farm in Mayo. Everythingis going to renewables and even if we were 1005 renewable, we still have to feed our selves.

But enough of my battle with the Greens and may I turn to what we can do. What if the whole thing collapses? Should we move any little money we have to the dollar and other non Euro currencies? If the Celtic Tiger taught us anything, it is that long threatening comes at last. As the Euro ship sinks, the EU will take us for every cent we have. The UK is going next year, a cash cow gone. Greece is a basket case for the next 10 years. Spain has high unemployment with its traditional skills gone. Germany has no government, Poland and Hungary have moved to an Euro skeptic mode and then there is Italy. Irish growth will not be enough, .

Please read this article and comment. https://www.globalresearch.ca/crisis-of-eu-banking-break-up-of-the-european-union-eu-ecb-head-mario-draghi/5571969#

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_debt_crisis

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/848312/Eurozone-news-ECB-euro-economy-crisis-september-meeting-draghi
Oh no. How convincing and terrible...

I assume that if we reject wind turbines we'll be saved?

paulp

Won't someone please think of the children

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies