Is the EU funding political parties?

CookieMonster

Post 1 is what I meant. You admitted you're not sure why Andorra is involved.
As above. Interreg is the EU's European Territorial Cooperation instrument, non-EU countries can participate at their own cost and many do because it makes sense for them to do so. Norway and Switzerland for example. I can't be bothered to do research into what Andorra may be participating in but given it's size, location and links with the EU it doesn't seem implausible that they wouldn't be involved.
nowhere was it suggested by anyone, not even Parish, that any funds were/are being sent to Andorra. You either just jumped to that conclusion or made it up for some reason. Either way it's nonsense.

Post 1 quotes a source on the role of the consultancy in drawing up a paper on centralising powers from Catalonia to Madrid, and how this group was working for the Santer Commission.
The Santer commission ended in 1999, we're five commissioners from him now.

I any event, you're talking bollox - the article states:
Daleph is one of the authors of the 2013 Spanish Ministry of the Economy report, advocating reform of Catalan public institutions to return the authority of Catalan regional auton-omous institutions to Madrid.
The Spanish Ministry commissioned the report in question. The shadowy (oooh) Daleph group were only one of the authors. He doesn't even link to the report!

He's also talking bollox there too, to wit:

It is not clear that the Spanish Ministry of Economy has any other functions of substance.
In the 90s Spain had a Ministry of Economy and Finance, as the name suggests it has a very well defined and clear role beyond simply administering some EU finding. It became the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness in early 2000, and some functions were moved to the Ministry of the Treasury and Public Function.

Of course, some of my conclusions are based on a hunch rather than evidence.
So sunshine, it's just shít you and he have made up.

But the evidence is quite clear that the EU was meddling in the Catalan question
Except it's not. If anything it appears that Spanish authorities may have been misusing EU funds.

and that Andorra seems to have been involved.
No, it doesn't. Even this Parish chap in his píss poor hint-hint nudge-nudge article doesn't suggest or allude to that.

JCR

Post 1 is what I meant. You admitted you're not sure why Andorra is involved. Post 1 quotes a source on the role of the consultancy in drawing up a paper on centralising powers from Catalonia to Madrid, and how this group was working for the Santer Commission.

Of course, some of my conclusions are based on a hunch rather than evidence. But the evidence is quite clear that the EU was meddling in the Catalan question and that Andorra seems to have been involved.
A hunch? Cool the jets, disembark, and get up the yard.

Also if any evidence is clear you post watertight links to the clear evidence to back up your claim. All else is babble.

FunkyBoogaloo

http://www.politics.ie/forum/eu/162481-why-our-masters-insist-breaking-rules-financial-times.html

A thread I started 6 years ago.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/lisbon-treaty/110192-referendum-spending-2009-lisbon-treaty-ii.html

A thread from 2009, post Liesbon, about referenda spending. Therein posters will see some EU groups/parties, and the Commission named.

I also highlighted this issue during the 2008 and 2009 campaigns here, on p.ie, and also fired off emails to all and sundry in both parliaments.

Breaking the rules was fine apparently, because they had the power to change them. And they did, eventually.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom