Is The Immigration Control Platform Still Running?

kerrynorth

Just a query as to whether anyone knows whether the Immigration Control Platform is still running or not. The website indicates that it was last updated September 2005, the last press release is also in 2005, and their statistics are well out of date. Has the ICP folded or what?

TheBear

*Hmmm, can't quite think of how to make a joke about them having lost their jobs to lower paid Polish people who don't know how to update websites...*

Pidge

kerrynorth said:
Has the ICP folded or what?
I doubt it. They are, after all, supported by the silent majority, so I imagine they've plenty of people working hard for them (silently, of course).

The greatest limit on the success of the ICP will always be out of their hands: namely that people will always be afraid to vote for them (y'know, when they vote in a covered booth by secret ballot).

wizzard

Migrationwatch UK is doing sterling work in Britain and growing in influence. The ICP are right just about everything but it's a pity they're media illiterate.

kerrynorth

wizzard said:
Migrationwatch UK is doing sterling work in Britain and growing in influence. The ICP are right just about everything but it's a pity they're media illiterate.
But has the ICP folded in Ireland! The website is way out of date. Anyone know?

Kerrygold

kerrynorth said:
wizzard said:
But has the ICP folded in Ireland! The website is way out of date. Anyone know?
Maybe there sick of getting a battering or booed every time they spout their nonsense.

Twin Towers

I think they just poked a helmet on a stick from the trench before taking fright at a squirrel and deserting.

Nils

I'm fairly sure they're still going as I saw a letter in the paper recently from Aine Ni Chonaill, which I think she signed as a member of the ICP.

Pidge

Nils said:
I'm fairly sure they're still going as I saw a letter in the paper recently from Aine Ni Chonaill, which I think she signed as a member of the ICP.
:?

Bobb

Whenever I heard Aine Ni Chonaill being interviewed it's fair to say that the interviewer was hostile. Additionally if there was ever a panel, it would be loaded against her.
Some time ago there was a shortlived thread here where a hero posted images taken of an attack by a large gang on 3 or 4 "nazis" in a Dublin pub.
The thread was started to celebrate a victory for the no-free-speech-for- fascism cause.
Now Aine Ni Chonaill is not a young woman.
However that is the sort of carry on that was delivered promised for any public meetings she and her group tried to organise.

Political parties in this country hold public meetings.
They put up posters.
They talk at the hustings.
They go on television. They expect fair play when they do so.
They don't do it for the fun of it.
They do it to gain support.

Now how the f**k is an anti-immigration party supposed to get off the ground when the media is hostile and the student/unwaged class warriors are threatening/delivering violence and or disruption at all gatherings?

DOD

Nils said:
I don't think Áine ní Chonaill knows what she is. Anyone who would ask Maidhc Dainín O' Sé to do the Full Monty can't be too sure of what she's at.

ailish

Website
www.ucc.ie
kerrynorth said:
Just a query as to whether anyone knows whether the Immigration Control Platform is still running or not. The website indicates that it was last updated September 2005, the last press release is also in 2005, and their statistics are well out of date. Has the ICP folded or what?
What about the RAR?! Has their campaign for the afghans done serious credible damage to their organisation? I haven't heard much about them ever since given the fact that public opinion was firmly behind the Governments stance to hold the line against those asylum seekers at the time. Or are they just keeping their heads down to avoid another crushing defeat public opinion poll?

cropbeye

Hi Ya Ailish

As far as I know RAR is not a political party so the current position of the
general public viz a viz short term opinion polls is completly irrelevant.

In my experience RAR is a loby group that puts a consistant line which
may not have much backing by those with financial clout or who seek
positions of respectability in the Dublin media and academic chattering classes but is as much worth hearing as any vested interest group.

I have noted that RAR have had a stall in College Green almost every
Saturday for the last five years or so. Small voluntary organisation like this
whether they be of positive influence or not can only be judged in the long term.

I would think a plurality of analysis on such a topic would be welcome and
healthy in our society at large and here in our discussions.

Catalpa

Re: Hi Ya Ailish

cropbeye said:
As far as I know RAR is not a political party so the current position of the
general public viz a viz short term opinion polls is completly irrelevant.

In my experience RAR is a loby group that puts a consistant line which
may not have much backing by those with financial clout or who seek
positions of respectability in the Dublin media and academic chattering classes but is as much worth hearing as any vested interest group.

whether they be of positive influence or not can only be judged in the long term.

I would think a plurality of analysis on such a topic would be welcome and
healthy in our society at large and here in our discussions.
Saturday for the last five years or so

Staffed by the lovely Rosanna and her comely assistants! :twisted:

Do stop by and try and talk some sense into that women - God knows I've tried but much without success... :?

Bobb

How about we settle the immigration issue with a mud wrestling contest between Aine Ni Chonaill and Rosanna Flynn?

baldur0300

Bobb said:
How about we settle the immigration issue with a mud wrestling contest between Aine Ni Chonaill and Rosanna Flynn?
Oh dear don't give me nightmares

ailish

Website
www.ucc.ie

cropbeye said:
See what I mean?

All they care about is their own commercial gain via the media. They don't give a dam about what the Irish people want. Of course that never matterd much to them because they are deluded extremists who were born on another planet.

Peter

Website
www.ireland.ie
kerrynorth said:
Kerry,

Any chance of telling us what their website address is?

DOD

ailish said:
See what I mean?

All they care about is their own commercial gain via the media. They don't give a dam about what the Irish people want. Of course that never matterd much to them because they are deluded extremists who were born on another planet.
Do you think the ICP care about what the Irish people want?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies