Is the presidency now a liberal pain in the hole (Ireland)

riker1969

Since the liberal saint Mary Robinson took over it's been a liberal pain in the hole. Don't get me wrong mary Robinson did good work up to her election but after that she simply pontificated and achieved nothing. Then we had mary Mac who had her head up the Queen's arse for 14 years and achieved what ?
Then we have a garden gnome who after doing sweet f all for most of his political career tells us to mourn Castro. Then says we should learn irish ?
I'm tired of right on liberals occupying this office . Time for a right wing president or Just to abolish this sincecure ?

Last edited:

Filibuster

It's a directly elected position. If the people didn't want liberals in it, they wouldn't have voted for them.

So, is the basic thrust of this thread: "I don't like the political leanings of the current president, therefore we should abolish the office" ??

If so, it's a bit pointless.

Alan Alda

I think we like to ease our national conscience by electing a wishy washy president , whilst electing total scumbags to run the country.

Half Nelson

Since the liberal saint Mary Robinson took over it's been a liberal pain in the hole. Don't get me wrong mary Robinson did good work up to her election but after that she simply pobtificated and achieved nothing. Then we had mary Mac who had her head up the Queen's arse for 14 years and achieved what ?
Then we have a garden gnome who after doing sweet f all for most of his political career tells us to mourn Castro. Then says we should learn irish ?
I'm tired of right on liberals occupying this office . Time for a right wing president or Just to abolish this sincecure ?
You'll have to clear it with George Soros, the real leader of this country.

darkhorse

It's a directly elected position. If the people didn't want liberals in it, they wouldn't have voted for them.

So, is the basic thrust of this thread: "I don't like the political leanings of the current president, therefore we should abolish the office" ??

If so, it's a bit pointless.
Its a ceremonial role
Technically he should seek the approval of Government before he opens his mouth
All earlier Presidents accepted their place in society

Mercurial

Since the liberal saint Mary Robinson took over it's been a liberal pain in the hole. Don't get me wrong mary Robinson did good work up to her election but after that she simply pobtificated and achieved nothing. Then we had mary Mac who had her head up the Queen's arse for 14 years and achieved what ?
You get right wing governments, let us at least have a left wing President.

Alan Alda

Which ones weren't left wing?
Like , all of them ! Lol.
Its in the nations interest that we have some libtard lying about us being 'neutral' and a friend of small nations,minorities and such.;)

Idiotic thread.

D

Deleted member 48908

Since the liberal saint Mary Robinson took over it's been a liberal pain in the hole. Don't get me wrong mary Robinson did good work up to her election but after that she simply pontificated and achieved nothing. Then we had mary Mac who had her head up the Queen's arse for 14 years and achieved what ?

As both Dev and Collins once said in their open letter to the Irish people dated 17th April, 1919:

Riker1969, a stór, we live in a world that has a system, and that system has to be guarded by men like us. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Riker? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Michael D, and you curse the Áras. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know -- that Michael D's job, while tragic, probably saves lives; and our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want Michael D in the Áras -- you need him in the Phoenix Park.

We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that Michael D provides and then questions the manner in which HE provides it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitsui2

:)

Yerra between the wimming and the liberals we're doomed, so we are!

Bill

What's the president supposed to achieve?

D

Deleted member 48908

:)

Yerra between the wimming and the liberals we're doomed, so we are!
Well, there's also the gay peoples, the banksters, the global warmers, th'immigrents, themuns, those-uns, thespians, thivil thervants.......

Mickeymac

Well, there's also the gay peoples, the banksters, the global warmers, th'immigrents, themuns, those-uns, thespians, thivil thervants.......

Good post:D people these days really don't know what they want, changes from day to day Carlos.

Mitsui2

You forgot the pro-abortionists.

And the wimming.

I know I mentioned them the first time but some posters seem to perceive them as such a major threat that it probably deserves reiteration - they get bloody everywhere!.

SideysGhost

LOL it's hilarious watching all the numpties who bought into Trumpism starting to have total meltdowns as their deranged 14th century fantasies keep colliding hard with the reality of society in 2017 :lol:

New Threads

Most Replies