Is the stage set for Declan Ganley? - Land League

SKELLY

Like him or loathe him i reckon he is defo going to run.

He is a divisive figure. He scared the establishment during lisbon.

He has registered the domain name landleague .ie , also a twitter of the same name is now up and running.

Interesting to see what he does with it!
For those of you unfamiliar with the land league and the land war here is a wikipedia link.
Irish National Land League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The three F's of the land war were

Fair Rent,
Fixity of Tenure,
Free Sale
Is Ganley attempting to garner public support for a new movement or party?
In particular people in negative equity, massive mortgages arrears?
Is he trying to capitalise on the public anger with the banks/politicians/Europe.
Read up on the land league if you dont get what im suggesting.

Last edited:

Cael

Michael Davitt wanted the land nationalised. I cant imagine Ganley wants this.

kerryind

whatever he wanst he couldnt be worse than whats around at the minute. He seems to draw alot of hatred but he was right about europe. Maybe its hes english accent that turns voters off.

ruamruam

whatever he wanst he couldnt be worse than whats around at the minute. He seems to draw alot of hatred but he was right about europe. Maybe its hes english accent that turns voters off.
For me it's not his accent, I have many many English cousins, some I like others I don't. I really dislike his right wing views and his links to the US military.

martino

F what Davitt wanted Cael. If this Ganley character can resurrect any sense of national unity he's on a winner. As it stands the country is barely limping along. The government has all but abdicated its responsibility. This is no joke, but after reading all the bad news of an evening I'm astounded the place is still running the next day. The people are crying out for new direction. If Ganley fills the vacum then off with him.

The answers to our problems do not lie on the Right - The PDs have already inflicted enough damage. But I wouldn't mind seeing a complete realignment of Irish politics and the final destruction of civil war politics (not that I hold my breath) on left-right lines. For that reason I would like to see him run, but I'd hate to see him win power.

kerryind

yeah maybe so. He is a bit mysterious its not very clear what he really wants. I think the fear was he was a puppet for some right ring group Of welathy people.

Cael

F what Davitt wanted Cael. If this Ganley character can resurrect any sense of national unity he's on a winner. As it stands the country is barely limping along. The government has all but abdicated its responsibility. This is no joke, but after reading all the bad news of an evening I'm astounded the place is still running the next day. The people are crying out for new direction. If Ganley fills the vacum then off with him.
If you f-ck what Michael Davitt wanted, then you are selling lies to the Irish people - again. You are no better than maFFia. Maybe even worse.

corelli

LOTS of talk about him running in East Galway. The talk is everywhere save in East Galway, mind you.

Whilst he, theoretically, has a fair chance, given the retirements in that constituency, they guy has a tendency to surround himself, advice wise, with gob************************es/the politically naive.(witness the coalition with every neo-nazi headbanger in Europe at the last local/euro elections.)

If he picks a good team and they run a good campaign, he has a good chance of election. History would mitigate against that though.

martino

If you f-ck what Michael Davitt wanted, then you are selling lies to the Irish people - again. You are no better than maFFia. Maybe even worse.
A chara, I don't know what Davitt wanted exactly, maybe you could elaborate. I'm speaking from the present context. Things are so bad that anybody capable of offering any semblance of an alternative will do well at the polls.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
he'd tear a hole in FG's right wing too, just like the PD's did.. *ducks before the Gaelers jump on me*...

FG are going to help FF pass the budget.. Mattie, Lowry, Healy Rae, O Flynn are gone chasing after their own seats... and FG will get the same backlash for it as FF will get

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies