Is there a Lansdowne/Millward Brown Opinion Poll this weekend

locke

There's no Examiner on a Sunday, so it would have to be Monday.

The Sunday Business Post is in the Examiner stable, but we know they use Red C.

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com

LgCastell

Ok well if there is heres a link to the last LMB poll taken on 21 - 23 Sept

http://www.imsl.ie/downloads/TV3 Poll Sept 2010.pdf

Summary of the state of the parties are:

FF 22
FG 30
Lab 35
Greens 2
SF 4
Oth 8

Since Sept you could have a long list of events incl

SF Court case
Donegal Bye election
Greens pulling the plug
4 year plan
IMF/EU bailout ...no theres no bailout .... yes there is
Impending budget

and more in between... god 22% for FF seems like a hay day now ...

jmcc

It could be in the Tribune I suppose...
That comic may have a big story about something that someone said on Twitter. :) They have all their top journalists on Twitter now.

Regards...jmcc

gijoe

If the Examiner commissioned a poll it will certainly not be appearing in an Independent Newspapers stable rag like the Tribune.

I would reckon it will appear it Monday's Examiner.

The poll in today's Examiner asks a lot of questions about how people feel about the economy and where they would like to see the cuts in the budget (Child Benefit was by far the most popular cut btw with 86% listing it in their top two).

They also carried a series of questions about a FG/LAB government and on Gilmore and Kenny. Broadly there is not much confidence in the alternative government with shockingly low ratings for Kenny as a leader.

It is inconceivable that they would carry out this research without a party support poll so I would expect it to be in Monday's Examiner with maybe a headline preview in tomorrow's SBP which is part of the Examiner stable.

hiding behind a poster

HBAP said something about a poll in the Sunday papers that wouldn't make me happy, so I presume this must be it?
No, this isn't it. What I've heard is in either the News Of The World and/or the Sunday Times, and is from RedC.

dotski_w_

Website
No, this isn't it. What I've heard is in either the News Of The World and/or the Sunday Times, and is from RedC.
Gosh, that'd be 2 RedC polls commissioned by Murdoch papers in 3-4 days.

I wonder why they're so interested all of a sudden?

hiding behind a poster

Gosh, that'd be 2 RedC polls commissioned by Murdoch papers in 3-4 days.

I wonder why they're so interested all of a sudden?
No, its from the same poll - like the way the Irish Times do a "slow release" (copyright Factual) of other data on the days after the headline figures. Basically, as far as I know it shows that when asked who they'd like to lead a FG/Labour government, WITHOUT the pollster naming names, FG names beat Labour names by almost 2:1.

dotski_w_

Website
The one they did for the Sun was conducted over 3 days - 29 Nov to 1 December. Given you heard it's bad for LP yesterday (3rd Dec) that presumably means that was the last day of polling, which means either (a) they ran 2 polls that over-lapped, or (b) they immediately began when the other one was finished, and did it over a 2 day period as opposed to 3 days.

Is it possible that its further details from the same poll?

dotski_w_

Website
No, its from the same poll - like the way the Irish Times do a "slow release" (copyright Factual) of other data on the days after the headline figures. Basically, as far as I know it shows that when asked who they'd like to lead a FG/Labour government, WITHOUT the pollster naming names, FG names beat Labour names by almost 2:1.
ahh right - so the FG could include ppl who would like Noonan or Bruton to head it. Presumably that means most ppl who say Bruton or Noonan, when they have to make a choice between Kenny and Gilmore, say Gilmore.

That wouldn't actually represent movement, and unless FG dump Kenny it'd not do them much good.

Do you think they will?

hiding behind a poster

The one they did for the Sun was conducted over 3 days - 29 Nov to 1 December. Given you heard it's bad for LP yesterday (3rd Dec) that presumably means that was the last day of polling, which means either (a) they ran 2 polls that over-lapped, or (b) they immediately began when the other one was finished, and did it over a 2 day period as opposed to 3 days.

Is it possible that its further details from the same poll?
No, its all from the one poll - and its not exactly disastrous for Labour, though it does puncture the Gilmore balloon a bit.

RahenyFG

we don't need these constant opinion polls to remind us how bad FF are doing, Although im looking forward to the poll where they'll be at 0%:D

Last edited:

hiding behind a poster

ahh right - so the FG could include ppl who would like Noonan or Bruton to head it. Presumably that means most ppl who say Bruton or Noonan, when they have to make a choice between Kenny and Gilmore, say Gilmore.

That wouldn't actually represent movement, and unless FG dump Kenny it'd not do them much good.
You'll see the figures.

Do you think they will?
No, I'd be very surprised if they did. But the poll kinda shows who the voters want in government, people-wise, which helps FG.

dotski_w_

Website
You'll see the figures.

No, I'd be very surprised if they did. But the poll kinda shows who the voters want in government, people-wise, which helps FG.
I'd have thought that the person with most to fear from such a poll is Enda.

From Gilmore's point of view, its only head to head that counts (there's presumably ppl who'd choose Noonan no.1 who'd not back Kenny, ppl who'd back Bruton who wouldn't back Noonan, ppl who support Kenny who'd have no time for Bruton etc. Just adding them all together doesn't really tell you an awful lot.

wombat

I'd have thought that the person with most to fear from such a poll is Enda.

From Gilmore's point of view, its only head to head that counts .
The sooner the campaign starts, the sooner we'll get away from these mickey measuring contests:lol:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies