Is there anyone on the palestinian side, of the caliber of Martin McGuinness, who will take a chance on peace?

L'Chaim

Look children you have no grasp on reality
So off you go play with the traffic
That's the truth. To them it makes no difference that hundreds of women and children were killed in Mosul in the last week alone. These civilians were killed when the US, in cooperation with the Iraqi army, bombed it to bits. Now all these civilians were killed as part of the war against ISIS and they were human shields of ISIS. No accusations of war crimes, no headlines, no accusations of 'disproportionate response', no protests and no condemnation by the UN. Kalipa probably isn't even aware of this because Israel isn't involved. Not that she'd be too bothered anyway because the one Jewish state in the world isn't involved. She doesn't treat Israel like the rest of the western states, or even the anti-western states. Fair minded people see the hypocrisy that comes into play from anti-Israel people. They see them condemning attacks, like the one on Westminster bridge, on European cities, but they rationalise and excuse the same types of terrorist attacks when they are carried out against Israel. There is nothing rational or fair minded or decent about people like Kalipa

cunnyfunt

A more relevant and realistic question might be 'is there anyone on the Israeli side willing to take a chance on breaking with tradition to talk seriously about peace'?

There was one, Yitzhak Rabin, but you murdered him and a similar statesman hasn't risen from the ranks of Israeli politics since.

We're now lumbered with right-wing rabble led by a corrupt individual incapable of even thinking about, much less reaching, compromise with anybody who refuses to roll over. Big walls, arbitrary punishments, economic blockades, sequestration of water supplies, theft of land, internment and the odd cluster bombing of Gaza have all done their bit to ensure that peace with the Palestinians will always be kept at a safe distance.

The Israelis love nothing more than talking about peace. It propagates the illusion that you might actually even want it.
You are deluded. Once peace commences, the only ones to return to hostilities are ALWAYS the pals. But DO continue to ignore that kernel.

kalipa

That's the truth. To them it makes no difference that hundreds of women and children were killed in Mosul in the last week alone. These civilians were killed when the US, in cooperation with the Iraqi army, bombed it to bits. Now all these civilians were killed as part of the war against ISIS and they were human shields of ISIS. No accusations of war crimes, no headlines, no accusations of 'disproportionate response', no protests and no condemnation by the UN. Kalipa probably isn't even aware of this because Israel isn't involved. Not that she'd be too bothered anyway because the one Jewish state in the world isn't involved. She doesn't treat Israel like the rest of the western states, or even the anti-western states. Fair minded people see the hypocrisy that comes into play from anti-Israel people. They see them condemning attacks, like the one on Westminster bridge, on European cities, but they rationalise and excuse the same types of terrorist attacks when they are carried out against Israel. There is nothing rational or fair minded or decent about people like Kalipa
You people seem obsessed with "Kalipa". There are hundreds of posters here but you always single out "Kalipa". That is not healthy and could almost be seen as bullying, if anyone took you seriously.

Israel is not a Western State, it's an out post in the Middle east.

You are a hypocrite talking about Iraq and killing civilians. Israel has killed thousands of civilians and has bombed civilians in Syria and probably Iraq. There is a very good discussion going on atm in a Dutch forum about Iraq and Syria, not a word about Israel except her part in helping the scumbag rebels and ISIS.

It's so nice to have civilised conversations with civilised people and a change from misogynistic psychos consumed with hatred for complete strangers

L'Chaim

You people seem obsessed with "Kalipa". There are hundreds of posters here but you always single out "Kalipa". That is not healthy and could almost be seen as bullying, if anyone took you seriously.

Israel is not a Western State, it's an out post in the Middle east.

You are a hypocrite talking about Iraq and killing civilians. Israel has killed thousands of civilians and has bombed civilians in Syria and probably Iraq. There is a very good discussion going on atm in a Dutch forum about Iraq and Syria, not a word about Israel except her part in helping the scumbag rebels and ISIS.

It's so nice to have civilised conversations with civilised people and a change from misogynistic psychos consumed with hatred for complete strangers
It's a political message forum, where people agree and disagree with each other. I disagree with probably everything you post. That's not being 'obsessed by Kailipa" and it's not bullying. It's just your silly ego at play that leads you to those odd conclusions. The only obsession on display here is by you. You have absolutely no connection to Israel and yet Israel is your obsession. A trawl through your forum posts will show this. You don't show any concern about any other conflict in the world and you show absolutely no concern for civilians killed or injured in any other conflict in the world. Your obsession is the one Jewish state in the world. So when you want to accuse someone of obsession you should just look in the mirror. And your obsession is a nasty one. Nasty because it's based in antisemitism. Israel is not a country that forms part of your identity. It's not a country that should be in any way central to your life, but going on your post history here, that's exactly what it is. And that can only be based in antisemitism. It can't be anything else.

What causes this antisemitism you are steeped in. Did some Jewish man treat you badly, was a Jewish person rude to you in the past? Or did you learn it at home at your mother or father's knee? It's not too late to change you know. Ditch your antisemitism and your attitude that the one Jewish state in the world is "an out post". Israel has the same right to exist as any other state in the world. to deny that by claiming it's an out post (an out post for which country?) is antisemitism. You've just shown us that you don't just have an issue with 'occupation' of the west bank. You are showing, and you can't help showing, you see all of Israel as occupied land. To you it's just an "out post", not a state. You've just shown that even if Israel were to withdraw from every settlement beyond the June 67 Armistice line tomorrow, and allow the creation of a Jew-free palestine you would still not support Israel's right to live in peace as a state for the Jewish people. That's antisemitism and you're an antisemite. You deny the Jewish people the same right to national self-determination in a portion of their historic homeland as any other people. That's antisemitism.

And that's the difference between you, an Israel obsessive, and Israel's supporters. We want to see a Jewish state living peacefully side by side with its Arab neighbours, while you don't even see Israel as being anything more than an 'out post' and not a state at all. Basically Israel's supporters don't want to find ourselves in the moral sewer inhabited by people like you. That's the difference between you and us.

kalipa

It's a political message forum, where people agree and disagree with each other. I disagree with probably everything you post. That's not being 'obsessed by Kailipa" and it's not bullying. It's just your silly ego at play that leads you to those odd conclusions. The only obsession on display here is by you. You have absolutely no connection to Israel and yet Israel is your obsession. A trawl through your forum posts will show this. You don't show any concern about any other conflict in the world and you show absolutely no concern for civilians killed or injured in any other conflict in the world. Your obsession is the one Jewish state in the world. So when you want to accuse someone of obsession you should just look in the mirror. And your obsession is a nasty one. Nasty because it's based in antisemitism. Israel is not a country that forms part of your identity. It's not a country that should be in any way central to your life, but going on your post history here, that's exactly what it is. And that can only be based in antisemitism. It can't be anything else.

What causes this antisemitism you are steeped in. Did some Jewish man treat you badly, was a Jewish person rude to you in the past? Or did you learn it at home at your mother or father's knee? It's not too late to change you know. Ditch your antisemitism and your attitude that the one Jewish state in the world is "an out post". Israel has the same right to exist as any other state in the world. to deny that by claiming it's an out post (an out post for which country?) is antisemitism. You've just shown us that you don't just have an issue with 'occupation' of the west bank. You are showing, and you can't help showing, you see all of Israel as occupied land. To you it's just an "out post", not a state. You've just shown that even if Israel were to withdraw from every settlement beyond the June 67 Armistice line tomorrow, and allow the creation of a Jew-free palestine you would still not support Israel's right to live in peace as a state for the Jewish people. That's antisemitism and you're an antisemite. You deny the Jewish people the same right to national self-determination in a portion of their historic homeland as any other people. That's antisemitism.

And that's the difference between you, an Israel obsessive, and Israel's supporters. We want to see a Jewish state living peacefully side by side with its Arab neighbours, while you don't even see Israel as being anything more than an 'out post' and not a state at all. Basically Israel's supporters don't want to find ourselves in the moral sewer inhabited by people like you. That's the difference between you and us.
You really are nothing more than a guttersnipe tramp. I pity you that you have to attack and denigrate females to "support" a country thousands of mile away, which is where your real loyalty lies. It's certainly not Ireland. Why are you not living there if it's such a fantastic place.

You attack me for supporting the Palestinians in their struggle against a savage and barbaric occupier. You support every atrocity and slaughter that Israel commits on them with US supplied funds.You cheered on the murders of thousands of innocents in Gaza. Not so long ago you showed your true colours when you said you didn't care about people dying in Syria, you have absolutely no moral high ground to lecture anyone.

I suppose that's what military service in a country where violence and the gun is king and so-called soldiers are "gods" with the power of life and death of the unfortunate children of Palestine in their hands, does to people.

Palestinians are entitled to self determination and to live their lives free from violence and barbarism of people like you from around the world. I notice you make no mention of a Palestinian state.

You dragged up my dead parents, well they taught us to respect everyone except those who trample on the poor and powerless for their own gain. They quietly did a lot of good for people in need, something you so obviously wouldn't understand and have not been taught.

I sincerely hope you find a partner soon on your trips to Israel, because being single is not helping you reach your potential as a caring human being.

Oh and constantly bleating "anti-semite" every 5 minutes has just devalued the term and means nothing anymore and all your spurious accusations are laughable.

Last edited:

kalipa

I notice you make no mention of Hamas. When is the next election in Gaza ?
Oh look !! another hyena to join the pack.

I often mention Hamas, like when I mention the slaughter of thousands of children and innocent civilians in Gaza by Israel. I could also mention the vindictive siege by Israel which is causing untold hardship and ill health to almost 2 million civilians.
I have as much time for Hamas as I do for the Israeli government

L'Chaim

You really are nothing more than a guttersnipe tramp. I pity you that you have to attack and denigrate females to "support" a country thousands of mile away, which is where your real loyalty lies. It's certainly not Ireland. Why are you not living there if it's such a fantastic place.

You attack me for supporting the Palestinians in their struggle against a savage and barbaric occupier. You support every atrocity and slaughter that Israel commits on them with US supplied funds.You cheered on the murders of thousands of innocents in Gaza. Not so long ago you showed your true colours when you said you didn't care about people dying in Syria, you have absolutely no moral high ground to lecture anyone.

I suppose that's what military service in a country where violence and the gun is king and so-called soldiers are "gods" with the power of life and death of the unfortunate children of Palestine in their hands, does to people.

Palestinians are entitled to self determination and to live their lives free from violence and barbarism of people like you from around the world. I notice you make no mention of a Palestinian state.

You dragged up my dead parents, well they taught us to respect everyone except those who trample on the poor and powerless for their own gain. They quietly did a lot of good for people in need, something you so obviously wouldn't understand and have not been taught.

I sincerely hope you find a partner soon on your trips to Israel, because being single is not helping you reach your potential as a caring human being.

Oh and constantly bleating "anti-semite" every 5 minutes has just devalued the term and means nothing anymore and all your spurious accusations are laughable.
The Jewish people have just as much right as anyone else to national self-determination. You deny them that right by claiming that their state, in part of their historical homeland, is nothing more than an outpost. That's antisemitism. I support the policy (as does Israel and the UN, EU, America etc) of two states for two peoples. You oppose this because you don't accept the rights of Jews to national self-determination in any part of their historical homeland. That's antisemitism on your part.

Now you weren't born antisemitic. Nobody is, no more than nobody is born racist or bigoted. You learnt it somewhere. I was just curious as to how you became an antisemite. Israel is not a country that forms part of your identity. It's not a country that should be in any way central to your life, but it is, in a negative way. That's antisemitism. It's antisemitism because of all the conflicts in the world 9and there are many) you obsess solely on the one Jewish state in the world. When you condemn Israel you use terminology that doesn't necessarily match the conventional meanings of the words you use. That's antisemitic. When you claim Israel is not a state but an outpost you show that you oppose peace between a Jewish state of israel and an Arab state of palestine. And unless Israel decides to commit national suicide you are going to support ongoing action to try and destroy it. That's antisemitism and you're an antisemite. Opposing Israel's presence in the west bank is a different issue to claiming Israel is not a state but an outpost. Now you claimed Israel, the state of the Jewish people, is not a state but an outpost. That's antisemitic.

You've just shown, in your last few posts, what many of us knew all along.......that you're an antisemite. The meaning of the term 'antisemite' is not devalued. It's still a disgusting thing to be and it shames you to be one, but it's what you are. Note I'm not just throwing the phrase around loosely. I'm actually using your own words in your own posts to show how you are an antisemite. You were the one who brought your antisemitism to the fore.

Last edited:

kalipa

The Jewish people have just as much right as anyone else to national self-determination. You deny them that right by claiming that their state, in part of their historical homeland, is nothing more than an outpost. That's antisemitism. I support the policy (as does Israel and the UN, EU, America etc) of two states for two peoples. You oppose this because you don't accept the rights of Jews to national self-determination in any part of their historical homeland. That's antisemitism on your part.

Now you weren't born antisemitic. Nobody is, no more than nobody is born racist or bigoted. You learnt it somewhere. I was just curious as to how you became an antisemite. Israel is not a country that forms part of your identity. It's not a country that should be in any way central to your life, but it is, in a negative way. That's antisemitism. It's antisemitism because of all the conflicts in the world 9and there are many) you obsess solely on the one Jewish state in the world. When you condemn Israel you use terminology that doesn't necessarily match the conventional meanings of the words you use. That's antisemitic. When you claim Israel is not a state but an outpost you show that you oppose peace between a Jewish state of israel and an Arab state of palestine. And unless Israel decides to commit national suicide you are going to support ongoing action to try and destroy it. That's antisemitism and you're an antisemite. Opposing Israel's presence in the west bank is a different issue to claiming Israel is not a state but an outpost. Now you claimed Israel, the state of the Jewish people, is not a state but an outpost. That's antisemitic.

You've just shown, in your last few posts, what many of us knew all along.......that you're an antisemite. The meaning of the term 'antisemite' is not devalued. It's still a disgusting thing to be and it shames you to be one, but it's what you are. Note I'm not just throwing the phrase around loosely. I'm actually using your own words in your own posts to show how you are an antisemite. You were the one who brought your antisemitism to the fore.
lol.Same old, same old. I'm sure you repeat this whole mantra in your sleep.

As you know I have several links with Israel/ Palestine , mostly Palestine now and you are a liar.

Yes, Israel is an outpost for the US, a tester of new weapons and a lookout post, or as the US administration says "our asset in the Middle East". I never said Israel wasn't a state, that's another one of your lies.

The Palestinian people are entitled to a state of their own too . Free from the savagery of the IOF and the insidious ethnic cleansing that Israel has been engaged in for decades. Israel has made that impossible and will have to either "kill them all", as the Israeli extremists shout, or give them equal rights.

You calling me or anyone else an anti-semite means nothing. It is just lazy and overused and no one values your opinion anymore .
I have an interest in lots of places outside of Palestine/ Israel and to say I focus exclusively on that area is another lie. How could you possible know what I do when I'm not here ? You are a lying, fanatical bigot, racist and misogynist .
I pity the Palestinians if you are an example of what they have to deal with.

L'Chaim

lol.Same old, same old. I'm sure you repeat this whole mantra in your sleep.

As you know I have several links with Israel/ Palestine , mostly Palestine now and you are a liar.

Yes, Israel is an outpost for the US, a tester of new weapons and a lookout post, or as the US administration says "our asset in the Middle East". I never said Israel wasn't a state, that's another one of your lies.

The Palestinian people are entitled to a state of their own too . Free from the savagery of the IOF and the insidious ethnic cleansing that Israel has been engaged in for decades. Israel has made that impossible and will have to either "kill them all", as the Israeli extremists shout, or give them equal rights.

You calling me or anyone else an anti-semite means nothing. It is just lazy and overused and no one values your opinion anymore .
I have an interest in lots of places outside of Palestine/ Israel and to say I focus exclusively on that area is another lie. How could you possible know what I do when I'm not here ? You are a lying, fanatical bigot, racist and misogynist .
I pity the Palestinians if you are an example of what they have to deal with.
Oh calling you an antisemite, and showing you to be an antisemite, does mean something. It disgraces you. Maybe you don't realise it, but you are an antisemite through and through. And it does disgrace you. Maybe you think it's overused because you've heard it so often. That doesn't mean it's actually overused. Maybe you should step back and think why you are accused of it so often and what it is that you say and do so often that leads people to call you an antisemite.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies