• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Is there no end to this womans stupid?

EoinMag

Who ever thought it was a good idea to introduce Fidelma Healy Eames to the wonders of "electrickery"? Well I can state categorically it was not a good idea, she should have been left with candles and a wireless, although even then I suspect she'd have found fault.

Recently we had her public revulsion at the phenomenon of Facebook rape, which must be legislated against and now we have her imploring computer manufacturers to implement some sort of "chip" in gaming consoles to turn them off after 2 hours and leave them off forcing a period of inactivity.

Has the woman any idea how the world works? Has she any idea how much money is in computer gaming?

I'd suggest that she needs to turn off the computer and do stuff she understands.

Senator seeks installation of microchip to turn games consoles off after two hours | BreakingNews.ie

It's a facepalm moment but I'm sure she'd be horrified with the whole face and the palm and ask for palm trees to be banned.

Astral Peaks

"Stupidity" surely?

In your title.

Analyzer

...and we have fools like this involved in making policies to increase state regulation control of the internet....

Clanrickard

"Stupidity" surely?

In your title.
One would think when an OP is going to point out the alleged stupidity of someone else they'd get this right.

EoinMag

One would think when an OP is going to point out the alleged stupidity of someone else they'd get this right.
Slagging someone off for their ignorance of the internet, I thought I'd use an internet type phraseology.........

Aindriu

Rather than nitpicking a typo in the title, can you not concentrate on the stupidity of the suggestion by her? The manufacturers would happily laugh her out of court.

Analyzer

The fact is that the Oireachtas committee discussing the internet is a standing joke.

D

Dylan2010

...and now we have her imploring computer manufacturers to implement some sort of "chip" in gaming consoles to turn them off after 2 hours and leave them off forcing a period of inactivity.

Has the woman any idea how the world works? Has she any idea how much money is in computer gaming?

I'd suggest that she needs to turn off the computer and do stuff she understands.

Senator seeks installation of microchip to turn games consoles off after two hours | BreakingNews.ie

It's a facepalm moment but I'm sure she'd be horrified with the whole face and the palm and ask for palm trees to be banned.
Clearily not, Its even worse then the clowns that implemented the 1 box of pain killers rule "per transaction" , you dont even have to leave the Q .

Its a parents job to monitor kids computer time, not the state's.

I've seen "stupid" used as a noun pretty often of late.

Astral Peaks

Slagging someone off for their ignorance of the internet, I thought I'd use an internet type phraseology.........
No offence, but I have never heard of "an internet type phraseology", surely English is English and grammar is either right or wrong?

Anyway, I doubt that anybody will pay much attention to this woman and her ridiculous ideas.......

EoinMag

Clearily not, Its even worse then the clowns that implemented the 1 box of pain killers rule "per transaction" , you dont even have to leave the Q .

Its a parents job to monitor kids computer time, not the state's.
To be honest standing in the queue to rebuy multiples is not within the spirit of the law, in the UK, they won't sell you more than two boxes at once, full stop.

wombat

I believe she ran for the Dail, there is a reason she's a senator:lol:

EoinMag

I've seen "stupid" used as a noun pretty often of late.
At least someone gets it.

I'm down with the young people, kinda a groovy cat.

SideysGhost

Fidelma Really-Screams is the epitomy of ignorant shyster cute-hoor do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do laws-are-for-the-little-people snout-in-trough ignorant primitive isolationist backward moon-howling corrupt dishonest bead-rattling and tub-thumbing Irish politicians. More Fianna Fail than Fianna Fail. She's an absolutely pathetic excuse for a politician in the 21st century.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Rather than nitpicking a typo in the title, can you not concentrate on the stupidity of the suggestion by her? The manufacturers would happily laugh her out of court.
The average 12-year-old would laugh her out of the gaming room.

She appears to understand neither how computers nor how capitalism works.

Disillusioned democrat

Fidelma Healy Eames does seem to be going out of here way to gain infamy, like a one woman campaign to ensure a Yes vote in the "abolish the Seanad" referendum (if we ever get one, that is).

Every generation of politicians seems to have a gaff prone clown who reminds us every day that we are lions led by donkeys and this generation seems to have chosen Fidelma.

She is truly appalling - from her train ticket dodge, to her scabbing a builder, car tax, travel junkets with hubby, lack of planning permission and now demonstrating that she knows nothing about much at all - yet as superior beings in many ways many tax payers are forced to knuckle down day-in-day-out to pay her salary, expenses, etc.

Fidelma Really-Screams is the epitomy of ignorant shyster cute-hoor do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do laws-are-for-the-little-people snout-in-trough ignorant primitive isolationist backward moon-howling corrupt dishonest bead-rattling and tub-thumbing Irish politicians. More Fianna Fail than Fianna Fail. She's an absolutely pathetic excuse for a politician in the 21st century.
Stop beating around the bush and tell us what you think of her!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies