Is there no end to Unionist incompetence / corruption / duplicity

devonish

If you substituted "DUP" for "unionist" then I could agree with the sentiment of the thread title.

GDPR

If you substituted "DUP" for "unionist" then I could agree with the sentiment of the thread title.
Do you think that DUP think or care about the future at all or are they only present moment hedonists? The way I believe to get the best out of life is to be future orientated. Present moment hedonism often ends in destruction.

between the bridges

The Spotlight programme focused on claims the DUP and Sinn Féin used some of the £80m fund (which is set to cost £93m by 2020) for community groups they appear to favour.

In a statement to Spotlight, the Executive Office said: "Appropriate governance procedures are in place to ensure the programme is delivered and managed effectively."

Sinn Féin said its party "stands over the enormously successful SIF projects that are being delivered in the communities we represent".

The sectarian carve up that is/twas power sharing tis hardly news, but if it tis it could surely do with a less sh!te OP, 4 out of 10 must do better...

CastleRay

Can Newton resign as Speaker when there is no Assembly? Is Alex Atwood still being paid by the gravy train despite losing his seat?

Mickeymac

Mickeymac

Can Newton resign as Speaker when there is no Assembly? Is Alex Atwood still being paid by the gravy train despite losing his seat?

Yes and the longer he dithers, it makes his position look even more ridiculous, he should have went even before the programme was screened.

Full marks to a piece of good investigative journalism from the BBC, even though we have had no convictions yet over others that same team investigated in the past, early days yet I suppose but we live in hope.

AhNowStop

The Spotlight programme focused on claims the DUP and Sinn Féin used some of the £80m fund (which is set to cost £93m by 2020) for community groups they appear to favour.

In a statement to Spotlight, the Executive Office said: "Appropriate governance procedures are in place to ensure the programme is delivered and managed effectively."

Sinn Féin said its party "stands over the enormously successful SIF projects that are being delivered in the communities we represent".

The sectarian carve up that is/twas power sharing tis hardly news, but if it tis it could surely do with a less sh!te OP, 4 out of 10 must do better...
Na I think the OP is mostly fine & correct but as has been said above, I should have put "DUP/UDA" in place of Unionist....

the DUP are "buying" votes from currently illegal organisations .. and they're trying to wiggle out of it by constantly lying about it.... They're well used to this though as they've been lying about links to paramilitaries for decades now ...

The Robin Newton issue is disgraceful, as are you if you dont condemn it !! (but you wont will ye bwigey .. I wonder why :roll: lol )

AhNowStop

The propaganda and sectarianism of these guys isn't "party political".
Typical kkkRay, he's fond of calling people bigots just because they've called out others (him usually lol) for their bigoted, incompetent or corrupt behaviour !!

Sounds like Dim Jim in disguise ....:roll: :p lol

vivabrigada

Na I think the OP is mostly fine & correct but as has been said above, I should have put "DUP/UDA" in place of Unionist....

the DUP are "buying" votes from currently illegal organisations .. and they're trying to wiggle out of it by constantly lying about it.... They're well used to this though as they've been lying about links to paramilitaries for decades now ...

The Robin Newton issue is disgraceful, as are you if you dont condemn it !! (but you wont will ye bwigey .. I wonder why :roll: lol )
He thought a UDA meeting was "just a flute band" while cavassasing for votes.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/dup-politician-says-thought-terrorist-meeting-flute-band-event/amp/

The dopey bastards must think the rest of us don't live here.

between the bridges

Re the sectarian carve up power sharing, fair play to Shin flake/Ra for signing off on dosh for the UDA...

mac tíre

We now know the DUP had to get that billion off the Tories to cover some of the money the UDA will be losing due to Stormont collapsing.

The UDA helped the DUP get its vote out in March. But no still Stormont. They helped get an even bigger increase in June. Even though the DUP have an arrangement with the Tories, they have nothing to show for it.

All that money will be drying up soon and the UDA will be getting restless, particularly its leadership. Tensions will likely arise between the UDA & DUP eventually because of DUP broken promises/powerlessness to do anything.

Add to that the DUP tying itself to Tory austerity and frustrations over Brexit (or lack of a 'proper Brexit') and we could be heading for a split in the DUP/UDA alliance.

I was scoffed on here by some of our Loyalist friends when I said the UDA were out in force helping the DUP canvass. Now that is common knowledge.

We have often been told Unionists abhor terrorists and will have no truck with them. I suppose we will see that in action now that all doubt has been removed about the political party they generally support? Or will Unionism again turn out in numbers to support the DUP/UDA alliance?

between the bridges

We now know the DUP had to get that billion off the Tories to cover some of the money the UDA will be losing due to Stormont collapsing.

The UDA helped the DUP get its vote out in March. But no still Stormont. They helped get an even bigger increase in June. Even though the DUP have an arrangement with the Tories, they have nothing to show for it.

All that money will be drying up soon and the UDA will be getting restless, particularly its leadership. Tensions will likely arise between the UDA & DUP eventually because of DUP broken promises/powerlessness to do anything.

Add to that the DUP tying itself to Tory austerity and frustrations over Brexit (or lack of a 'proper Brexit') and we could be heading for a split in the DUP/UDA alliance.

I was scoffed on here by some of our Loyalist friends when I said the UDA were out in force helping the DUP canvass. Now that is common knowledge.

We have often been told Unionists abhor terrorists and will have no truck with them. I suppose we will see that in action now? Or will Unionism again turn out in numbers to support the DUP/UDA alliance?
Tbf moithinks ye could have got a few more references to UDA in...

eskrimador

The former standards commissioner was on Evening Extra and says that he's sure Newin committed an actual crime.

Cruimh

why are these people stuck in "different era" timewarps ?
Department for Regional Development discriminated against candidate - BBC News

It found evidence by Sinn Fein's Conor Murphy "implausible and lacking credibility".

The case was brought by Alan Lennon, a Protestant overlooked for the post of chairman of NI Water.

Deciding Mr Lennon was discriminated against, the tribunal believe Mr Murphy - minister at the time - also broke the code of practice for appointments.

In March 2011, Mr Murphy appointed a Catholic as chairman, Sean Hogan, ahead of four others shortlisted after interview, all of them Protestants.

According to the tribunal, Mr Hogan was selected because "he was not from a Protestant background and because he was known to the minister and his (then Sinn Fein) ministerial colleagues", Michelle Gildernew and Caitriona Ruane, who were consulted about the appointment.
Bit of projection there, eh what?

Mickeymac

We have often been told Unionists abhor terrorists and will have no truck with them. I suppose we will see that in action now that all doubt has been removed about the political party they generally support? Or will Unionism again turn out in numbers to support the DUP/UDA alliance?

McQuillan had no reservations whatsoever confirming that on a Radio show on BBC and went on to explain how closely these paramilitaries were with political unionism over many years.

GDPR

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies