Is This Asylum Seeking Ploy Valid

greengoose2

So now we are at a point where an asylum seeker goes on hunger strike because he fears going home to Iran where he is wanted by the authorities, according to the Irish Times.

They say:
The Iranian man, who is his 40s, is not being named as he fears for the safety of his family in Iran, supporters said.
However, according to The Journal the story is slightly different:
Axxx Rxxxx is in the Globe House in Sligo town and is subject to a deportation order having seen his application for asylum rejected as he had landed in the UK before coming here.
Under EU law, asylum must be processed in the country of first landing.
A few questions beg themselves:
  • Why did he come to Ireland?
  • Why are the Iranian Authorities looking for him?
  • How did The Journal get his name when:
    "A spokesman for the Minister said the department did not make comments on individuals in the protection process and had an obligation under the Refugee Act to to protect the identity of those in the process. Providing any information about any person could lead to individuals in the protection process being inadvertently identified which would result in the State being in breach of its obligations in this regard”?

If he succeeds, will this open a hornets' nest? His beef is with the UK!

OrderoftheDragon

Was this another one who went to Northern Ireland and travelled across the border.....he made a claim in the UK he shouldn't even be entertained by the system but as usual the legal eagles smell money, provide by the taxpayer because this lad sure as hell ain't got any.

Bubbleheaded

As I mentioned on another thread, despite this guy having lots of Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, and even a petition about him, I couldn't find anything about why he is actually afraid to go back to Iran, or what he did there that's gotten him into this bother. Fairly basic information I would have thought.

Hitchcock

The_SR

Valid? No, it was rejected. Understandable? Of course.

Hitchcock

So now we are at a point where an asylum seeker goes on hunger strike because he fears going home to Iran where he is wanted by the authorities, according to the Irish Times.

They say:

However, according to The Journal the story is slightly different:

A few questions beg themselves:
  • Why did he come to Ireland?
  • Why are the Iranian Authorities looking for him?
  • How did The Journal get his name when:
    "A spokesman for the Minister said the department did not make comments on individuals in the protection process and had an obligation under the Refugee Act to to protect the identity of those in the process. Providing any information about any person could lead to individuals in the protection process being inadvertently identified which would result in the State being in breach of its obligations in this regard”?

If he succeeds, will this open a hornets' nest? His beef is with the UK!
No. Hopefully he succeeds in his application. Secondly have you nothing better to be doing and is there not enough anti migrant, anti asylum seeker threads without anything another for you and the boys and girls to exchange your cliched views?

Hitchcock

okibb

another question is whether the Irish Times can break out of its groupthink?

reading hard copy yesterday, it's become an opinion-driven product, rather than a journalism-driven paper.

The_SR

nope same shyte by economic immigriants trying any stunt to be kept
And we know this how?

Also can you reconcile his application being rejected withave the line that Ireland operates a so called open borders policy?

elliebee

Was this another one who went to Northern Ireland and travelled across the border.....he made a claim in the UK he shouldn't even be entertained by the system but as usual the legal eagles smell money, provide by the taxpayer because this lad sure as hell ain't got any.
I'm not entirely sure you can blame the legal eagles in this particular case.

There's a crowd of lefties protesting outside Globe House and I'd bet every penny I have that it was the same crew who protested when Pamela Izevbekhai was lying through her teeth to the authorities here.

There isn't much of a peep out of them regarding our own vulnerable citizens. What a shower.

Hitchcock

I'm not entirely sure you can blame the legal eagles in this particular case.

There's a crowd of lefties protesting outside Globe House and I'd bet every penny I have that it was the same crew who protested when Pamela Izevbekhai was lying through her teeth to the authorities here.

There isn't much of a peep out of them regarding our own vulnerable citizens. What a shower.
Why do you insist on posting this stuff, you know this is a lie?

Truth.ie

I don't but surely that's the point, is it not, FFS!
Well,leaving the UK to come to Ireland suggests he has ulterior, vested interests in Ireland which have nothing to do with asylum.
Or maybe he just thought Ireland was a softer touch than the UK.

Hitchcock

Well,leaving the UK to come to Ireland suggests he has ulterior, vested interests in Ireland which have nothing to do with asylum.
Or maybe he just thought Ireland was a softer touch than the UK.
And if he was genuinely worried about his safety, and there is no evidence he is lying on that matter, he perhaps went to a country that he felt was the most likely to look sympathetically on his case, who would blame any human being for this?

New Threads

Most Replies