Is this it? Have we been bailed out without our consent?

Have we just been bailed out without our consent?

The bonds are dropping like flies today and so far have returned to 8.4%, the reason is because the big EU leaders are meeting and discussing Ireland.

And yet who is present for us? Nobody.

Our very future is beinf discussed without our Taoiseach and because of this the bonds like what they see.

Franzoni

Yep.....looks that way...expect to see a renovation in the DoF soon for a new office for the overseers..as soon as Lenihan denied it the other day i knew it was true....

were all working for the pharaoh now.....

polarbear

The bonds are dropping like flies today and so far have returned to 8.4%, the reason is because the big EU leaders are meeting and discussing Ireland.

Our very future is beinf discussed without our Taoiseach and because of this the bonds like what they see.

Hopefully! Say nothing, the clowns that run the country(and the clowns in waiting) might not notice. Please God let somebody competent run the country for a few years. I wonder if we could apply for some sort of protectorate status, so that we were run directly from Europe....:)

Baddaddy

No, I would hazard a guess that this the statement by Merkle that, her proposal for Bond holders to share both gain and pain would only be applicable to Bonds issued post 2013, thereby leaving bonds in issue now still protected, which are all of ours.

I could be wrong.

A view from England

France, UK and Germany discussing the issue between themselves. No Irish input.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-12/european-ministers-hold-crisis-talks-at-g-20-amid-ireland-bailout-concern.html

Maximus Cynicus

I don't accept that. Anybody who has any relevant part in our economy going forward is already in Korea. No problem. We are where we are and it is now necessary to pull on the green jersey while saluting the European flag. In fact, a change of national anthem mightn't be a bad thing now - who the fvck wants to sing the words ".....Fianna Fail" today?

Skinner

Hopefully! Say nothing, the clowns that run the country(and the clowns in waiting) might not notice. Please God let somebody competent run the country for a few years. I wonder if we could apply for some sort of protectorate status, so that we were run directly from Europe.... :)
+1 :lol::lol:

I can see Fianna Fail takeing all credit for this.

Possible speech from Lenny?

"We have negotiated behind closed doors with our European partners a deal that is good news for Ireland. We will be able to continue bailing our bondholders for failed banks with money financed from the European Union in order to prevent harsher budget measures on the Irish citizen. Of course over time this money will have to be paid back, but this will now be at a rate that will be affordable with the Irish state.

The budget will still need a correction, but thanks to the hard work of the Fianna Fail government the corner has now been turned, already the markets are responding positively to our hard work.

We have taken the nation from the brink of the IMF and negotiated a real future for the Irish people.

We now must stick togeather and continue this course to see Ireland come out the other side."

Last edited:

Hewson

The big EU leaders are having talks about us and deciding what to do with us.

We are not present at these talks.
So much the better. What's the point in our Government being represented by a leader and finance minister who have proved themselves incapable of running a hot dog stand at the Listowel races?

It might be bad for national morale but that's a small price to pay for getting a longer term solution we can have some confidence in.

Our Government is irrelevant both at home and abroad.

droghedasouth

We can say, Thanks, but No Thanks if we dont want the money.

Didimus

Your post suggests that we may have been bailed out without our consent. That suggests that something has happened, and that what has happened was something that needed our consent.
I still do not know to what your OP refers.

Simon.D

It means we get relatively cheap money thrown at us! Hip hip horaay! Probably with conditions attached, but we have the ball in our court now and a bit of power in negotiating said conditions seeing as the powers that be are getting spooked, and want the madness end..

Pauli

So much the better. What's the point in our Government being represented by a leader and finance minister who have proved themselves incapable of running a hot dog stand at the Listowel races?

It might be bad for national morale but that's a small price to pay for getting a longer term solution we can have some confidence in.

Our Government is irrelevant both at home and abroad.
I wouldn't say they are irrelevant abroad. I suspect that they are an impediment to a proper solution and are looked upon as an obstruction by the likes of Merkel.

B

birthday

Hopefully! Say nothing, the clowns that run the country(and the clowns in waiting) might not notice. Please God let somebody competent run the country for a few years. I wonder if we could apply for some sort of protectorate status, so that we were run directly from Europe....:)
This would make most sense-if only to protect us from ourselves, but just wait for the howls from all the interest groups that have done so well from FF gombeenism-PS trade unions, lawyers, political class, medical consultants, etc

Squire Allworthy

That is why in anything like this you need to cease the initiative yourself. It should have been the government making the running instead of denying the inevitable. Bad negotiating position from the start hope they improve for the terms of any bailout are critical.

New Threads

Most Replies