• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Is this republic of Ireland a complete failure?

tipp revolution

I believe we need a new republic. We are more educated now and certainly wiser as to the ways of the world.
Cop on, you might say, aren't things bad enough, down with that sort of thing.

This country is a failure, morally, economically, politically, structurally.

To prove my point, can you think of an era/decade since we gained independence in 1922 in which you would rather have lived?

I will be very surprised if anyone can.

Therefore should we not start again and this time really give power to the people?

stopdoingstuff

It is a question of how we measure up against the other 170 or 180 countries (pretty well) versus how much better we could be if we got ourselves together.

topcat4

This is not a republic, its the 26 county Free State, and as such is an abject failure.

Congalltee

FFS - why this again? And again?

What are you proposing which is different?
What reforms would you implement?
When have you got off your arse to do anything?

(the answer to to question is no)

I've advocated for a long time that we should do as France does and periodically declare a new Republic along with a new Constitution.

Congalltee

I've advocated for a long time that we should do as France does and periodically declare a new Republic along with a new Constitution.
Advocated to whom? TD's, political parties, trade unions, newspapers, like minded individuals in groups.
Or do you mean anonymously on the internet?

HouseMD

Somebody give this guy a sandbox where he can play with his doo-doos.
I suspect he just picked a theme to go with his avatar. A lot of trolls do that. Especially if they are trolling on multiple sites.

tipp revolution

FFS - why this again? And again?

What are you proposing which is different?
What reforms would you implement?
When have you got off your arse to do anything?

(the answer to to question is no)
Et vous - I suppose you are at your desk ating cake!!! Sorry to be so negative but the nama suing namawinlake thing has just lit my fuse

Eire1976

I believe we need a new republic. We are more educated now and certainly wiser as to the ways of the world.

To prove my point, can you think of an era/decade since we gained independence in 1922 in which you would rather have lived?

Therefore should we not start again and this time really give power to the people?
What we need is to ditch the Catholic Church, adopt a new Irish Christianity that has the right outlook for the way that we all look at he World.

Then this country can move on from the past.

You may think that this has noting to do with the way the Country is, but you do your homework and you will find it is the lynchpin of it all.

tipp revolution

Somebody give this guy a sandbox where he can play with his doo-doos.
I suspect he just picked a theme to go with his avatar. A lot of trolls do that. Especially if they are trolling on multiple sites.
Mornin doc you not emigrated yet? Sorry thats personal.Actually there was a time back when I was young playing in the muck when the gp used to visit houses and there was a local dispensary for rural people to attend the doc when needed.

Advocated to whom? TD's, political parties, trade unions, newspapers, like minded individuals in groups.
Or do you mean anonymously on the internet?
Nope. I have done so to all of the above.

I forwarded myself for consideration for the panel which is currently reviewing the Constitution but was told that it didn't work that way.

Eire1976

Nope. I have done so to all of the above.

I forwarded myself for consideration for the panel which is currently reviewing the Constitution but was told that it didn't work that way.
I'm guessing they didn't want to be funding your plane tickets from Paris. :D

Maybe they're learning

guano jim

agreed, time to re-boot the republic.

Congalltee

I believe we need a new republic.
That's just super. Based on what? Funded how? In what territory? Within the EU or outside?

We are more educated now and certainly wiser as to the ways of the world.
Who provided the education?

Aithnionn cliche cliche eile

Provide comparative examples. 1922 Ireland (or 1949 Ireland) v now, in terms of life expectancy,education, infant mortality, adoption of international human rights norm, relative peace on the Island, application of the rule of law.

Most would be happy living in the now - what does that prove?

No, but yes (limited to the cautionary tale of 1930's Germany)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tipp revolution

What we need is to ditch the Catholic Church, adopt a new Irish Christianity that has the right outlook for the way that we all look at he World.

Then this country can move on from the past.

You may think that this has noting to do with the way the Country is, but you do your homework and you will find it is the lynchpin of it all.
swapped one tyranny for another - anything but take responsibility for ourselves. Its akin to alcoholism....

I'm guessing they didn't want to be funding your plane tickets from Paris. :D

Maybe they're learning
The offer was free and involved my loss of a daily rate.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies