Is this the end of Fianna Fáil?

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/DarrenJPrior
I don't hate FF, although may have hated them when they were in Government a lot of the time, but I really would not like to go back to the days of a political cult running our country again i.e. if they win the next GE. For a party who think they are very representative in practice most of their people when in Government are the most grey of grey politicians in the country. Fine Gael are actually I believe more colourful than them- speaking of policies and keeping up with the public mood. FF are too arcane. They have a use- I just hope that that use is not as the biggest party in the State after the next general election. Keeping FF out of Government for another few years may get them to waken up a bit more. I don't think I could stick over 14 consecutive years of FG-led Governments (if FG win the next GE and their Govt. lasts for 5 years) but I don't want to go back to the old days of FF arcane rule anytime soon and I don't trust them on the economy and some other Govt. areas- I don't trust FG in some areas either but I trust FF even less.

PBP voter

Dublin is the the only thing that is stopping them for being the biggest party.

After GE 2016 it was 12 FG TDs in Dublin. FF had 6 TDs.

FF close the gap and they are back as the biggest party IMO.

Mad to think that a lot though SF would soon be the bigger party in the aftermath of GE 2011 and go on and challenge FG for top spot.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies