Is this the end of Orangism?

raetsel

In the 1990s it was around 17,000 marches so the decline is real.
Where did you get that figure? It is completely false. You've added an extra zero.

Statistics collected by the RUC since 1985 show that the number of parades has increased quite considerably. In 1995 there were 2581 parades categorised as 'loyalist' and 302 as 'nationalist', giving a total of 2883. The total of 3500 quoted in some of the press includes 617 parades given a category of 'other' which covers events such as the Lord Mayor's parade, and parades by youth organisations.

These figures make an interesting comparison with 1986 when there were 1731 'loyalist' parades and 219 'nationalist' parades (although at the time they were categorised as 'Republican'). As such, in 1995 there were 684 more loyalist parades than ten years earlier, and 79 more nationalist parades.

Rural

Jaysus, I glanced at the Thread title and I saw "Is this the end of orgasims". :oops:

raetsel

Does that include "feeder parades"? I dont know but in the 1990s I heard someone on the radio or TV saying it was 17000.
I believe that it certainly would.
It was never 17,000. That would be 47 parades a day every single day of the year. It would have created a huge additional strain on the security forces during the Troubles, and would have meant a town like Enniskillen would have had 2 or 3 parades a week, which certainly wasn't the case. In fact I believe that the number of parades has increased here since then, partly as a result of the local loyalist corner boys being organised into a kick the pope band by an (alleged) former UDA yob.
It is well known that the number of parades has been increasing.

Mickeymac

I believe that it certainly would.
It was never 17,000. That would be 47 parades a day every single day of the year. It would have created a huge additional strain on the security forces during the Troubles, and would have meant a town like Enniskillen would have had 2 or 3 parades a week, which certainly wasn't the case. In fact I believe that the number of parades has increased here since then, partly as a result of the local loyalist corner boys being organised into a kick the pope band by an (alleged) former UDA yob.
It is well known that the number of parades has been increasing.
Good enough reason why they should end, more parades= more conflict..........less parades= ...............less conflict.

Scotland are obviously going in the right direction, six counties should follow suit.

EnglishObserver

Good enough reason why they should end, more parades= more conflict..........less parades= ...............less conflict.

Scotland are obviously going in the right direction, six counties should follow suit.
Sounds like your campaign's failing then. Bonus at risk?

raetsel

Jaysus, I glanced at the Thread title and I saw "Is this the end of orgasims". :oops:
I'd hazard a guess that any woman confronted by DOG's 'big orange boyo' as he calls it himself, would faint on the spot and be turned off sex for life.🤣

Mickeymac

I'd hazard a guess that any woman confronted by DOG's 'big orange boyo' as he calls it himself, would faint on the spot and be turned off sex for life.🤣

Often wondered why he calls his pal 'big lad'.........that explains it sir. 😂

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies