Is this the kind of leadership we should accept from our politicians?

Socratus O' Pericles

4K. Jayziz the crime of the century. On the other hand it's ignoble to expect restraunt staff to chase politicians for their arrears. Should be deducted from salary.

Disillusioned democrat

“Overall there was no realistic prospect of recovery of the sums due.”

How the hell much are they drinking??
They'll take peoperty tax off the sale of the house, will hound you for a TV license, but leave a few grand unpaid in the Dail bar and it becomes in insurmountable task.

Time to shut the bar or make it all cash/debit card...like the real world.

Disillusioned democrat

4K. Jayziz the crime of the century. On the other hand it's ignoble to expect restraunt staff to chase politicians for their arrears. Should be deducted from salary.
Not a huge amount of money...but is the principle of ignoring your debts and expecting someone else to pick up the tab really one the Dail should be allowed get away with?

Happycamping

They'll take peoperty tax off the sale of the house, will hound you for a TV license, but leave a few grand unpaid in the Dail bar and it becomes in insurmountable task.

Time to shut the bar or make it all cash/debit card...like the real world.
There should be no bar in there.

Mushroom

Three possible "no-brainer" solutions.

Issue a final warning - "pay up within 3 months or you'll be named and shamed"

Stubbs gazette, and pass debt to debt collectors/sheriff's office.

Obtain an attachment order on any State pension or other payments.

Problem solved.

Other possible solution - deduct the o/s amounts from the various Leader's Allowances before paying them.

Disillusioned democrat

Problem solved.

Other possible solution - deduct the o/s amounts from the various Leader's Allowances before paying them.
That's just it, though, solutions like that are for the "little people" - you, me, tax payers and voters.

It seems that they're just not that fussed about finding a workable solution.

To my simple mind, this just demonstrates how unworkable the Dail Bar has become - no entity that costs the tax payer money like that should be allowed to continue, so they either collect the money or shut down the bar..or BOTH.

statsman

Problem solved.

Close the bar.

Niall996

They should be named. They've stolen taxpayers money.

Mushroom

Edo

Cash on delivery - like it is for the rest of us.

if its former members - then political party should settle the bill.

Example, example, example

then again - our politicians are totally representative of us as a people , warts and all, - so nobody else has ever done a runner on a bill..............I know people for whom it is a mission statement in life.

Mushroom

I reckon it's odds-on that Sponger Callely is one of the debtors!

Spanner Island

What hope do we have when elected representatives don't feel obliged to pay their own way?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/unpaid-dáil-bar-bills-written-off-over-failure-to-settle-tabs-1.3171521
Should we accept this 'behaviour' - (I think 'leadership' is the wrong word for it)? Of course not.

But some of the parasites know we do accept it... and so they behave in such a manner.

The Dail Bar should be closed down. End of.

Or at the very very least... if it's not closed down they should all pay as they go with no tabs run for anyone.

There's a lot of f***ing nonsense spouted by a'hole politicians about the Dail Bar being necessary to entertain visitors etc... and all of it is utter BS.

che schifo

Do the TDs drink alcohol in the bar during the day or is it just an evening thing?

beazlebottom

That's just it, though, solutions like that are for the "little people" - you, me, tax payers and voters.

It seems that they're just not that fussed about finding a workable solution.

To my simple mind, this just demonstrates how unworkable the Dail Bar has become - no entity that costs the tax payer money like that should be allowed to continue, so they either collect the money or shut down the bar..or BOTH.
what else can we expect from an organisation populated disproportionately by parasites and gombeenmen?

New Threads