Is Una Mullally the most arrogant columnist at the IT?

Clanrickard

Women at the top should not forget sisters lower down - Social Affairs & News from Ireland & Abroad | The Irish Times - Mon, Apr 21, 2014

Anther arrogant piece by this lady who has been banging the quota drum for quite a while. But it is her dismissal of any one who disagrees with her that I find grating. She says...

Like any sane person, Sandberg wants more female leaders,
No Una people want good leaders, their sex is irrelevant. The rest of her piece is the usual cappuccino liberal undergraduate nonsense. In previous correspondence she has referred to people who oppose quotas as "living in a parallel universe". I find her missives off putting and if the reaction of other people I have spoken to is anything to go by I am not alone.

davoid

Even by IT standards todays drivel by mulally is in a class of its own.

ruserious

She's just some young one out to get some experience.
Unfortunate for her, what she wrote is a pile of crap.

Honecker

What is the point of this article? What exactly is she arguing for? It's just an unhinged rant where she panders to all the sacred cows of modern liberalism ie. feminism, abortion, homosexuals etc. John Waters was right.

Last edited:

Ramon Mercadar

She does make a good point though - too often Feminism is only for The Big Sisters. The NWCIs campaign for more women on boards is a case in point. Their resources would have been better spent campaigning for low paid women workers.

mido

What is the point of this article? What exactly is she arguing for? It's just an unhinged rant where she panders to all the sacred cows of modern liberalism. John Waters was right.
best thing about waters strop is it is a roscommon man with blueshirt heritage fighting a roscmmon man with ff genes, mcgarry and as anyone who has had the misfortune to ever deal with roscommon people knows there is no reasoning with them

Honecker

Maybe we need some positive discrimination in schools so that boys get 50% of As and 50% of university places in medicine and law?

B

birthday

Would she not be better off wondering why so many women seem to have been reduced to spending their spare time slugging cheap wine most evenings bitching about each other on faecesbook?

Lonewolfe

Would she not be better off wondering why so many women seem to have been reduced to spending their spare time slugging cheap wine most evenings bitching about each other on faecesbook?
Wtf? :lol:

davoid

Ah now. Don't be bringing reality into this discussion.

livingstone

Don't see the problem with the article.

Of course if you believe that senior positions in business are allocated based on pure meritocracy, you will, in addition to having your head in the sand, also reject any notion that there is a place for discussion about how companies can be more open to female senior execs.

In which case, your objection seems to be that there is a feminist writing for a national newspaper and you disagree with her.

Hardly thread-worthy.

Honecker

Of course if you believe that senior positions in business are allocated based on pure meritocracy, you will, in addition to having your head in the sand, also reject any notion that there is a place for discussion about how companies can be more open to female senior execs.

In which case, your objection seems to be that there is a feminist writing for a national newspaper and you disagree with her.

Hardly thread-worthy.
My main problem is that she is being paid to plagarise whatever crap she reads in the Guardian and then feeds it back to us like it's all her original thoughts.

livingstone

My main problem is that she is being paid to plagarise whatever crap she reads in the Guardian and then feeds it back to us like it's all her original thoughts.
Are you paying her?

If not, what's your problem? Private media organisation. Don't like it, don't buy it.

Honecker

Are you paying her?

If not, what's your problem? Private media organisation. Don't like it, don't buy it.
The poor quality of the media in Ireland is a public issue.

Clanrickard

Hardly thread-worthy.
That is nonsense but you are entitled to believe it. What I dislike about Mullally and the quoatistas is their condescending attitude to views that are different to their own.

Honecker

I have no doubt that if women ruled the world, the amount of bitchiness, bullying and gossiping would be out of control.

Ramon Mercadar

I have no doubt that if women ruled the world, the amount of bitchiness, bullying and gossiping would be out of control.
That was a rather bitchy comment.

Clanrickard

Are you paying her?

But the IT sees itself as an opinion former and key part of the public discourse in Ireland. If this is the best they can manage it doesn't say much. Mullally is a little girl who thinks if she is mouthy she'll get noticed and get taken seriously. There are fine commentators at the IT she is not and by the looks of things, never will be ,one of them.

New Threads

Most Replies