Is Una Mullally the most arrogant columnist at the IT?

Bea C

Mullally is leftard Soros controlled puppet who has the blood of thousands of innocent Irish babies on her hands.

In Franco's Spain she would have been put up against the wall.
I wouldn't regard your contribution as terribly constructive?
And I say that as a member of FF who reckons that young fella was fully entitled to attend that conference - cause my personal opinion of them is immaterial.
Una is as intolerant as the worst of the fundamentalist loons that would have been at it.

lff12

I don't like Fintan O'Toole but at least he can write and form a coherent argument. Mullally is dreadful. She just types up a series of confused thoughts and makes no effort to back them up. Her attempts to be cool and down with the young people are also cringeworthy.
Agreed - the only decent article she ever wrote was a personal one about receiving a cancer diagnosis - probably because only about herself could she be fully informed and not just inventing gut opinion as hardened thought. Her piece about Labour needing a "shot in the arm" last year was a good example - she clearly knew little or nothing about that party and so reverted, as her latest "I hate Fine Gael" article does - to tired stereotypes.

Baron von Biffo

And I say that as a member of FF who reckons that young fella was fully entitled to attend that conference - cause my personal opinion of them is immaterial.
Una is as intolerant as the worst of the fundamentalist loons that would have been at it.
You're replying to a troll who's tried to provoke a response by advocating sex with under-age girls. The Ignore file really is your friend with this one.

Paddyc

His contributions are never constructive and yes the young lad was entitled to attend the conference and every one else is entitled to comment on it, including Una.

the secretary

Well put.
She is possibly the least impartial embittered journalist in the country.
Her efforts to appease and push the agenda of the liberal left elites in Irish society is cringeworthy.

Emily Davison

Mullally is leftard Soros controlled puppet who has the blood of thousands of innocent Irish babies on her hands.

In Franco's Spain she would have been put up against the wall.
Advocating murder and sleeping with underage girls gives you the high moral ground does it.

Clanrickard

I'd make Una and Kitty Joint No.1s for the worst It columnist.
Add Sheridan to the list. Her piece in the IT on Killian Foley is beyond pathetic.

the secretary

Can anyone tell me is yer man Una a woman dressed up as a man

- or a man dressed up as a woman?👩👨👩‍🦰👨‍🦰👩‍🦱👨‍🦱👱‍♀️
Thats below the belt.
Don't lower yourself to her standards

Dame_Enda

I read her columns more for the degree to which I disagree with her than agreeing with her. I sometimes agree with bits of what she says, but I tend to disagree with the broad thrust of it when it comes to gender-theory.

Clanrickard

I read her columns more for the degree to which I disagree with her than agreeing with her. I sometimes agree with bits of what she says, but I tend to disagree with the broad thrust of it when it comes to gender-theory.
You read her columns? God love you.

artfoley56

Agreed - the only decent article she ever wrote was a personal one about receiving a cancer diagnosis
i actually think that was one of her poorest. it could've been a powerful advertisement for the recognition of same sex marriages but she projected her own prejudices onto her care givers and it came across terribly

Emily Davison

For someone you all seem to dislike intently she sure attracks a lot of p.ie readers.

silverharp

its certainly better not to click on her articles, that's what they want. She I assume has no recognisable skills and thinks blogging is an actual career. Does she have a point? Let her stew in her own misery

Orbit v2

For someone you all seem to dislike intently she sure attracks a lot of p.ie readers.
Interesting word there. Does it mean "to lure into a trap, and then beat senseless with a rolled up irish times"? :)

I don't dislike her though. I find her writing quite interesting even though I often disagree with it.

Today she returns to an old favourite - Tech companies and the bolloxology they come out with. While I think the company she's writing about has an interesting idea (they're possibly aiming to be an airbnb for office rental), it could well be the case that the company leaders are just/still talking a load of bollox, and that's fine. The issue I have is the headline, which perhaps wasn't written by Una:

"Tech sector is not being held to account for its nonsense:
WeWork IPO campaign exemplifies sector’s delusionally grandiose nebulousness"

If they are doing an IPO then really it's caveat-emptor for investors. As someone involved in this game told me once, investors will often take a punt on an idea , and if it falls flat on its face, that is no problem, so long as it fails quickly. But, otherwise, it's up to individuals thinking of investing to vet the talk, and do due diligence themselves. But it's nice that Una has their interests so much at heart.

I suppose the nagging doubt that I have is that she doesn't really have their financial interests at heart, and is more interested in censoring tech companies in some way to account for the random bullshyte they come out with. That's a bit more serious now because among all the BS there is occasionally the odd disruptive and innovative idea.

artfoley56

Interesting word there. Does it mean "to lure into a trap, and then beat senseless with a rolled up irish times"? :)

I don't dislike her though. I find her writing quite interesting even though I often disagree with it.

Today she returns to an old favourite - Tech companies and the bolloxology they come out with. While I think the company she's writing about has an interesting idea (they're possibly aiming to be an airbnb for office rental), it could well be the case that the company leaders are just/still talking a load of bollox, and that's fine. The issue I have is the headline, which perhaps wasn't written by Una:

"Tech sector is not being held to account for its nonsense:
WeWork IPO campaign exemplifies sector’s delusionally grandiose nebulousness"

If they are doing an IPO then really it's caveat-emptor for investors. As someone involved in this game told me once, investors will often take a punt on an idea , and if it falls flat on its face, that is no problem, so long as it fails quickly. But, otherwise, it's up to individuals thinking of investing to vet the talk, and do due diligence themselves. But it's nice that Una has their interests so much at heart.

I suppose the nagging doubt that I have is that she doesn't really have their financial interests at heart, and is more interested in censoring tech companies in some way to account for the random bullshyte they come out with. That's a bit more serious now because among all the BS there is occasionally the odd disruptive and innovative idea.

Hmmm

“Adam is a unique leader who has proven he can simultaneously wear the hats of visionary, operator and innovator, while thriving as a community and culture creator,” last week’s WeWork paperwork declared. "

"Una Mullally doesn’t just have her finger on the pulse; she's pretty much the beating heart of Irish cultural and political life. When she’s not DJ-ing on TG4 or writing for The Irish Times, she and countless other members of Ireland’s LGBT+ community are struggling for equality against an ancient and stubborn patriarchy. "

whens una gonna be held to account for her rubbish?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies