Isis planned Dublin attack

yosef shompeter

I wonder what the strategic thinking was in the Isis camp... i.e. that Ireland was better suited as a logistical base and for information gathering. While I'm delighted that they chose not to attack innocent people here (and simultaneously appalled at the mass murders in Europe)... can anyone suggest why they would choose.... Finland or Sweden and not do a "job" on Ireland? After all, we are up to our neck in things with the Shannon stopover and such-like; Our Gardai are not armed and are preoccupied internally... and don't seem up to it in any case.

I could be reading far too much into the events but a while back there was some headline news about MI6 having Ireland under surveillance for Jihadi activities. Well just think about it. If you were the Brits, wouldn't you? I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes and whereas (they say) that a lot of the attacks or single-cell DIY affairs with help from the internet, it would be unusual if there was not some overall general plan of some sort or some sort of codes of behaviour, plans of action -- even in general terms.

max99

Whats this latest news, about them plotting somethingfrom the West??

The_SR

Whats this latest news, about them plotting somethingfrom the West??
So far has about as much credence as last week's Indo story. Or the one before it etc.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies