Islamic Divorce

Cato

Yet more oddities from the world of religion. I would comment that one couldn't make it up, but someone obviously has and billions more deluded people were/are taken in by it.

acme

the seminary issued a fatwa confirming his wife must first remarry another man, consummate the marriage, and then divorce him before she could be allowed to remarry her first husband.
is this where Dermot Ahern got his advise for his blasphemy bill

Garland Names the Skies

There is something fishy about this story. How did the authorities find out about this? As neither one of them seem to have wanted get divorced they hardly reported themselves?

Scipio

Given that this comes from the Telegraph, I'd take it with a very large pinch of salt.

Clanrickard

Given that this comes from the Telegraph, I'd take it with a very large pinch of salt.
The Telegraph is a respected broadsheet. Just because you may like the editorial slant and commentary doesn't mean they are printing falsehoods.

Scipio

The Telegraph is a respected broadsheet. Just because you may like the editorial slant and commentary doesn't mean they are printing falsehoods.
And my name is John F. Kennedy.

The Telegraph have also printed nonsense like this in the past, not to mention numerous other even more ludicrous headlines which when later examined, were not at all what they seemed.

At the very least, caution is called for as regards this story.

Clanrickard

The Telegraph have also printed nonsense like this in the past, not to mention numerous other even more ludicrous headlines which when later examined, were not at all what they seemed.
Is that all you've got. You don't like the paper so imply it prints lies.

bkeith

At the very least, caution is called for as regards this story.
It appears to be true

In Sunni Islam there is triple talaq, it is a practice in which the couple instantly divorces by declaring the intention three times and thus making sexual relations between them haram for each other. However Islamic tradition maintains that divorce cannot be final until after a period called Iddah, that is the period of three months or more specifically three menstrual cycles, so that it is evident that the wife is not pregnant. Furthermore, after the divorce is final the couple may not remarry until the wife has married and divorced another.

Aristodemus

What a crap religion

New Threads

Most Replies