Isn't it time that we had a National ID Card

madboggar

Now that the US and UK are bringing in ID Cards, Should we not follow, imagine going up to a bar door the bouncer says some id please, you swipe your card on a machine and off you go. Drivers licence could be just enabled on the card, no more paperwork.

I really feel it is time for a National ID Card System in Ireland. Where it is against the law for a Citizen not to carry one, no more scum bags on street corners giving false Names to the Gardai ( if they do not have there card well i am sorry jail time or Fine )

The TIME HAS COME - What do you think

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
madboggar said:
Now that the US and UK are bringing in ID Cards, Should we not follow, imagine going up to a bar door the bouncer says some id please, you swipe your card on a machine and off you go. Drivers licence could be just enabled on the card, no more paperwork.

I really feel it is time for a National ID Card System in Ireland. Where it is against the law for a Citizen not to carry one, no more scum bags on street corners giving false Names to the Gardai ( if they do not have there card well i am sorry jail time or Fine )

The TIME HAS COME - What do you think
Why should Ireland impose ID cards on its citizens, or do you think we have to mimic everything the US and the UK does.

madboggar

Hold up there

It is not a case of Mimicing anyone, i just think that a National ID Card is a better system to have, opening back a/c's etc the old system of displaying a bill and then your passport and then driver Licence is in the dark ages. I think that a National ID Card, properly implemented would see Ireland make major advances.

eurocrat

madboggar said:
Where it is against the law for a Citizen not to carry one, no more scum bags on street corners giving false Names to the Gardai ( if they do not have there card well i am sorry jail time or Fine )
The used to do that in the DDR too as a way of locking up political dissenters. Its would give too much power to the Gardai and they have shown themsleves to be a corruptable and petty force in the past.

I opposse this idea.

madboggar

That is the thing in this country, this is not about the Gardai, Government this would free up all the Government Agencies of all this paperwork.

I feel myself that a ID card is on the way with the Launching of the PPS Number anyway

eurocrat

madboggar said:
That is the thing in this country, this is not about the Gardai, Government this would free up all the Government Agencies of all this paperwork.

:? Ya wha????

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Re: Hold up there

madboggar said:
It is not a case of Mimicing anyone, i just think that a National ID Card is a better system to have, opening back a/c's etc the old system of displaying a bill and then your passport and then driver Licence is in the dark ages. I think that a National ID Card, properly implemented would see Ireland make major advances.
Having a passport or drivers lience is a choice made by the individual, imposing ID cards on people by the state is not.

madboggar

I call on all readers too bring this to the attention of your local TD and let Ireland be the leader in National ID system

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
madboggar said:

I feel myself that a ID card is on the way with the Launching of the PPS Number anyway
Are you for real ?.

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
madboggar said:
I call on all readers too bring this to the attention of your local TD and let Ireland be the leader in National ID system
madblogger, do you have any idea what such a scheme would cost ?, that money would be better of being used to improve the health system in Ireland.

madboggar

I think that if you have done nothing wrong, you should have nothing to worry about -

It is only them who want to hide from the Police should fear the ID Card.

madboggar

But surely we can say that about www.irlgov.ie, basis.ie, oasis.ie etc are these not a waste of tax payers money, the Luas for example was said to be a complete waste of tax payers money, and now we have a modern transport system that all the city admire.

I really do not accept that argument ' Money should be spent on health system '

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
madboggar said:
I think that if you have done nothing wrong, you should have nothing to worry about -

It would be an excuse for the gardai to abuse their powers, by harassing people, and studies have shown it would have no effect on crime levels, etc, which is the excuse used to promote the idea in both the USA and UK. Also the estimated cost of implementing such a scheme is estimated to be in the region of £30 to £50 per card issued, there is no justification for them.

eurocrat

madboggar said:
now we have a modern transport system that all the city admire.
It not a transport system. Its a series of co-incidences.

Conor

madboggar said:

Or those who are slightly forgetful and may accidentally walk out their front door without their wallets, leaving themselves open to "jail time or Fine".

You haven't really identified a compelling need for a mandatory ID card. That'd be a good start.

By the way, the picture you have in your first post is from an anti-ID site. The masonic all-seeing eye on the card is sort of a giveaway.

madboggar

I do not no about you but i have never been harrassed by a gard a no a lot of scum-bags who have been pulled off the street for joy riding and robbery are these the scum bags who we should be protecting. I think this country have to tell these scum bags that we are not standing for it anymore. A National ID Card would keep this type of people off the streets.

I think that we should support the Gardaí not constantly putting them down.

eurocrat

madboggar said:
I do not no about you but i have never been harrassed by a gard a no a lot of scum-bags who have been pulled off the street for joy riding and robbery are these the scum bags who we should be protecting.
Needs Revising.

Conor

madboggar said:
I do not no about you but i have never been harrassed by a gard a no a lot of scum-bags who have been pulled off the street for joy riding and robbery are these the scum bags who we should be protecting. I think this country have to tell these scum bags that we are not standing for it anymore. A National ID Card would keep this type of people off the streets.
On the basis of what your proposal thus far, it would also criminalise the innocent Stupids. Is this what you want?

Popular Threads

Most Replies