• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Israel Accused Of Abusing Detained Children.

james toney

A UN report has said that Palestinian children face systemic ill-treatment by Israeli authorities.
The UNICEF report that was released on wednesday,said that the abuse and ill treatment meted out to the children violates international law.
It has also found many instances that "amount to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment according to the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Convention against Torture".
Many children are blindfolded and their hands are tied with plastic ties upon arrest,the children are then subjected to physical and mental abuse even before they reach the interrogation center,upon which many are denied food,water and access to a toilet.
It said minors suffered physical violence and threats during their interrogation, were coerced into confession and not given immediate access to a lawyer or family during questioning.

"Treatment inconsistent with child rights continues during court appearances, including shackling of children, denial of bail and imposition of custodial sentences and transfer of children outside occupied Palestinian territory to serve their sentences inside Israel," the report said.
In the last ten years approximately 7,000 palestinian children have been interrogated and prosecuted.
Isin't it about time Israel stopped this abuse of children and minors for throwing stones?Or will Israel take heed,or ignore the UN report?

The UNICEF document makes a series of recommendations to improve protection for children in conformity with international standards such as the prohibition of blindfolding and solitary confinement of children.
The paper also recommends that, except in extreme circumstances, children should not be arrested at night and a lawyer or family member should be present during interrogation of child suspects.
The paper thus reinforces findings made by the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the occupied Palestinian territory and the UN Special Committee on Israeli practices in the Occupied Territory in 2012.

Israeli Abuse Of Palestinian Children In Prison 'Systematic,' Says UN Report

The Palestinian children

Last edited:

james toney

[video=youtube;2f5tPd3NtF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2f5tPd3NtF0[/video]

Dame_Enda

Washington's attitude to Zionist child abuse is the same as the pre-1990's Irish govt's attitude to abuse by Catholic priests. To turn a blind eye, attack the credibility of the witnesses etc.

kalipa

Dr Pat

Yet more evidence of despicable Israeli behaviour and they get away with it because the US politicians are terrified of the Jewish lobby there. Witness Obama now pledging unending loyalty to the US-Israel Alliance whereas before he was elected he was less than enthusiastic - realpolitik results in injustice. Makes one cynical.

Windowshopper

I am not really surprised afters 6o+ years of recriminations I imagine many Israelis (and Palestinians) have come to demonize the other side and this makes such abuse more likely.

Dr Pat

I am not really surprised afters 6o+ years of recriminations I imagine many Israelis (and Palestinians) have come to demonize the other side and this makes such abuse more likely.
Doesn't justify it one iota, of course.

Windowshopper

Doesn't justify it one iota, of course.
Of course. I am not excusing it but I think to stop such abuses we have to place it within a context so that we can dismantle the conditions which make abuse more likely.

Last edited:

pinemartin

Of course. I am not excusing it but I think to stop such abuses we have to place it within a context.
Very true, a defenseless child interned and brutalised by a bunch of adult soldiers, police and settlers. They are imprisoned without access to a lawyer or their parents and then they are forced to confess or be locked up until they do. That is the context.

Zerubbabel

As if Arab terrorists would not abuse Israeli children if given half the chance.
The extremists on both sides are the real problem.

pinemartin

As if Arab terrorists would not abuse Israeli children if given half the chance.
The extremists on both sides are the real problem.
If you consider the Israel government and security apparatus extremists I would agree with you.

Are you comparing "Arab terrorists" to Israeli lawmakers?

Zerubbabel

If you consider the Israel government and security apparatus extremists I would agree with you.

Are you comparing "Arab terrorists" to Israeli lawmakers?
Don't kid yourself.

I'm comparing the extremists on both sides, they are the same.

Do you really think that if Ireland was located where Israel is , the very same Arab terrorists would not be trying to wipe it off the map ? And the very same Provo terrorists would be killing innocent Arabs.

pinemartin

I comparing the extremists on both sides, they are the same.
Do you really think that if Ireland was located where Israel is , the same Arab terrorists would not be trying to wipe it off the map ?

Don't kid yourself.
Do mean if Irish people decamped to the middle east and ethnically cleansed, murdered and stole peoples land? If that was the case I would expect people to resist and to try wipe us off the map.

That has happened in every invasion/ colonial situation, why would you expect Arab people to be any different?

Zerubbabel

Do mean if Irish people decamped to the middle east and ethnically cleansed, murdered and stole peoples land? If that was the case I would expect people to resist and to try wipe us off the map.

That has happened in every invasion/ colonial situation, why would you expect Arab people to be any different?
Dream on. Have you no diesel to wash ? Or Cigarettes to collect ? Or how about giving back Jean McConville's family her remains ?

pinemartin

Dream on. Have you no diesel to wash ? Or Cigarettes to collect ? Or how about giving back Jean McConville's family her remains ?
I am afraid you are pretty misguided and ill informed.

In your desire to score irrelevant political points at the expenses of Jean McConville you forget that the poor woman was found and her remains returned to her unfortunate family.

maybe when you get more informed about politics and the world in general you will not feel inclined to go on the attack with so little knowledge of what you are talking about.

The last thing we need on PIE is another Israel nutter who thinks he can spoof us with his knowledge of Ireland.

Last edited:

Zerubbabel

I am afraid you are pretty misguided and ill informed.

In your desire to make irrelevant political points at the expenses of Jean McConville's you forget that the poor woman was found and her remains returned to her unfortunate family.

maybe when you get more informed about politics and the world in general you will not feel inclined to go on the attack with so little knowledge of what you are talking about.
Says the self proclaimed expert on Arab Israeli affairs.

How much is washed diesel now anyways ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies