• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

"Israel admits to harvesting organs"

brughahaha

Israel admits harvesting Palestinian organs | World news | The Guardian

If someone had posted this I wouldn't have believed it, however much I disagree with Israel I would have viewed such a claim as lies and propoganda as NO country would harvest another peoples organs for its own soldiers use.

Unbelievably it was true

Israel really does seem to be a country with absolutely no moral compass, another colonial failure mired knee deep in blood and attrocity

liamfoley

Israel really does seem to be a country with absolutely no moral compass, another colonial failure mired knee deep in blood and attrocity
Humor me here and explain why you think Israel has no moral compass after taking organs from dead people without the consent of families?

G

Gimpanzee

If someone had posted this I wouldn't have believed it, however much I disagree with Israel I would have viewed such a claim as lies and propoganda as NO country would harvest another peoples organs for its own soldiers use.

Unbelievably it was true

Disturbing story.

Two things though:

Where did you get the bit about the organs being used by their soldiers? Only reference can see is that the organs were harvested from
"Israeli soldiers, Israeli citizens, Palestinians and foreign workers, often without permission from relatives"

And what is the fixation with Palestinians? Does harvesting the organs of Isreali's and foreign workers not merit the same sort of disgust? Seems to me that its has little to do with the nationality of the dead.

Don't know if we're in much a of a position to throw stones in this case.

brughahaha

Humor me here and explain why you think Israel has no moral compass after taking organs from dead people without the consent of families?
If you cant see it I cant help you...........

Nodin

Unbelievably it was true

This would seem to be more along the lines of the organ retention scandal with regards infants here, than anything specific to Israel.

The Caped Cod

The admission, by the former head of the country's forensic institute, followed a furious row prompted by a Swedish newspaper reporting that Israel was killing Palestinians in order to use their organs – a charge that Israel denied and called "antisemitic".
Every time that defence is used inapropriotly by Israel it drasticly lessens it's impact. It's nearly come to the point where it's barely a credible insult at all.

The interview with Hiss was released by Nancy Sheppard-Hughes, professor of anthropology at the University of California-Berkeley who had conducted a study of Abu Kabir.

She was quoted by the Associated Press as saying that while Palestinians were "by a long shot" not the only ones affected, she felt the interview must be made public, because "the symbolism, you know, of taking skin of the population considered to be the enemy, [is] something, just in terms of its symbolic weight, that has to be reconsidered."

Artifact from Buchanwald

Interista

When this story was first broken by a Swedish newspaper, the Israelis threw the usual hissy fit and accused those who believed the story of - yes, you've guessed it - anti-semitism. Reportedly, some Israelis even started boycotting Swedish goods. And now they're admitting that the story was essentially true. The crimes of the Israeli state are now so obvious that only the most die-hard apologist could ignore them .

One of whom is on this board.

liamfoley

When this story was first broken by a Swedish newspaper, the Israelis threw the usual hissy fit and accused those who believed the story of - yes, you've guessed it - anti-semitism. Reportedly, some Israelis even started boycotting Swedish goods. And now they're admitting that the story was essentially true. The crimes of the Israeli state are now so obvious that only the most die-hard apologist could ignore them .
Okay, if this is a crime name the law that has been broken? This story would not be given as much attention if it was any other country in the region. The only shocking thing is that it happened to the only country in the region that is a democracy. Don't forget they took the organs from dead Israelis too.

Interista

Okay, if this is a crime name the law that has been broken?
I would say most countries have laws which state that organs may not be removed wiothut the consent of next or kin, or the written consent of the deceased (ever heard if those little organ donation cards they give out in chemists?) If the practice was so unobjectionable, why did the Israelis fib about it, as well as throw out the ol' AS slur?

This story would not be given as much attention if it was any other country in the region.
Even if true, that's completely irrelevant.

The only shocking thing is that it happened to the only country in the region that is a democracy
First you seem to say this behaviour was quite acceptable, now you say it's 'shocking'. And only blind apologists for Israel would find this kind of thing shocking.

G

Gimpanzee

Did someone harvest your eyes and ears at some point or are you just wilfully oblivious to the practices beyond Israel? Do us all a favour and let us know how much mock outrage you're prepared to vent when babies here had their insides filled with sand so they wouldn't feel unusually light when their parents held them for the last time. Twat.

brughahaha

Disturbing story.

Two things though:

Where did you get the bit about the organs being used by their soldiers? Only reference can see is that the organs were harvested from
"Israeli soldiers, Israeli citizens, Palestinians and foreign workers, often without permission from relatives"

And what is the fixation with Palestinians? Does harvesting the organs of Isreali's and foreign workers not merit the same sort of disgust? Seems to me that its has little to do with the nationality of the dead.

Don't know if we're in much a of a position to throw stones in this case.
No Israeli has ever reported the suspicion of the removal of organs, and to do so would be contrary to jewish law, so its more likely that Israel didn't wish to be see to use only Palestinians....

But anyway Yes the harvesting of Palestinian organs does merit more disgust as its an act against a people that are under Israeli occupation..... occupation for organ harvesting by the occupying military...... yes that is more disgusting (to me anyway if not you)

As for their soldiers well it was the IDF that confirmed the story and the IDF that confirmed that the practice had ceased and the IDF that took away the Palestinian dead spare parts

Anyway given Israel denied this for over 10 years and referred to anyone commenting on it as committing a "blood libel" I'd take anything the say with circumspection

And when it comes to throwing stones sorry but trying hard to remember when we invaded other peoples land, oppressed and murdered them for 40 years and then started using their organs without permission

If we did Im sure you'll point out when

brughahaha

That is not an argument or a discussion. Mock indignation won't work here.
Neither was your question

Mock history wont work either

liamfoley

First you seem to say this behaviour was quite acceptable, now you say it's 'shocking'. And only blind apologists for Israel would find this kind of thing shocking.
I "seem to say" nothing of the sort. Organs taken from people without prior consent is unethical and if laws exist covering the issue it is illegal. If no law covers the issue then it quiet clearly not illegal. It is shocking because this kind of activity is expected from totalitarian regimes, theocracies and other undemocratic countries. It is not expected from a country with democratic institutions. The motivation behind publicizing this kind of story has more to do with a hatred for Israel itself than any love for human rights.

Interista

Did someone harvest your eyes and ears at some point or are you just wilfully oblivious to the practices beyond Israel?
The desperation of the pro-Israeli posters is palpable, you almost feel sorry for them.

No doubt if this had been discussed yesterday, you'd have been wailing about 'blood libels' and 'anti-semitism'. Now that the Israelis have admitted it's true, all you can do is talk about how 'bad things' go on elsewhere too. I know it's getting increasingly tough to be a defender of Israel, but hey, if you can't stand the heat, don't come on to a thread about horrific Israeli crimes.

liam,
I "seem to say" nothing of the sort. Organs taken from people without prior consent is unethical and if laws exist covering the issue it is illegal.
So why did you question why it was a crime?

It is shocking because this kind of activity is expected from totalitarian regimes, theocracies and other undemocratic countries.
You forgot to mention racial states which deny the baiscs of life to civilians, and operate a system on occupied land whereby only those of a certain 'race' can have full human rights.

The motivation behind publicizing this kind of story has more to do with a hatred for Israel itself than any love for human rights.
you see, you just can't face up to it, can you? it can't be that a nation which claims to be a 'democracy' and which you support without question, would commit an horrific crime. No, it must just be that those vile Nordic antisemites of Aftonbladet are at it again.

brughahaha

I "seem to say" nothing of the sort. Organs taken from people without prior consent is unethical and if laws exist covering the issue it is illegal. If no law covers the issue then it quiet clearly not illegal. It is shocking because this kind of activity is expected from totalitarian regimes, theocracies and other undemocratic countries. It is not expected from a country with democratic institutions. The motivation behind publicizing this kind of story has more to do with a hatred for Israel itself than any love for human rights.
Ah that didn't take long did it?
Yes the original story about harvesting organs was a blood libel and purely down to hatred of Israel according to the Israeli government,( who tried to destroy the careers of the journalists involved)
Now 10 years later when Israel admits that actually its true..... the reporting of the Israels confession is once again only motivated hatred of Israel

your like something from Kafka

Actually the story is in the public domain because 1)because Israel was FORCED to admit it after making such a scene about it being a lie and 2) there seems to be a never ending litany of horrendous atrocities by the state of Israel for the last 40 years ..of which this is just another

liamfoley

Ah that didn't take long did it?
Yes the original story about harvesting organs was a blood libel and purely down to hatred of Israel according to the Israeli government,( who tried to destroy the careers of the journalists involved)
Now 10 years later when Israel admits that actually its true..... the reporting of the Israels confession is once again only motivated hatred of Israel

your like something from Kafka

Actually the story is in the public domain because 1)because Israel was FORCED to admit it after making such a scene about it being a lie and 2) there seems to be a never ending litany of horrendous atrocities by the state of Israel for the last 40 years ..of which this is just another
If you are such a champion of human rights would I find equal indignation about abuses committed by Israel's neighbors and other marxist countries? I quick glance shows a definite anti-US, anti-Israel left wing bias. You are a prisoner of your outdated ideology.
P.S. Kafka? Can you tell me your favorite Kafka work? Why?

Al.

If someone had posted this I wouldn't have believed it
Yet you link to the leftist "Grauniad" and believe that...and they link to a leftist Israeli television network and you believe that.

muzzylogik

Could Hizbollah harvest organs from dead Israeli soldiers without consent and receive similar excuses for their actions? I think not.

The Israelis desperately tried to mask their crime under the banner of antisemitism and have been exposed by their own as liars once again.

“We only admit to minor faults to persuade ourselves that we have no major ones” is a message carried on one Irish site regarding this affair, how very true.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies