Israel are apparently interested in Roy Keane as their next manager

General Urko

It has been reported that The Israeli FA are interested in employing Rpy Keane as their next manager when their current world cup campaign ends.

They are currently 4th in their world cup qualifying group, which is a particluarly tough one, containing both Spain and Italy.
It is felt there they may have a chance of qualifying for the next Euros, as with 24 finalists, a top 3 place in your qualifying group gets you there. And Keano might be just the right man for that job.

Original article from One -

http://m.one.co.il/Mobile/Article/17-18/1,1,0,0/296088.html?ref=hp

Rt Click to get sub menu for English Translation and the article from Balls.ie is here -

https://www.balls.ie/football/roy-keane-israel-370943

johnny365

I can imagine the clowns that picketed the Haifa v Dundalk game picketing Keanes charity events if he takes up this post. Those clowns should have got life bans from football for that bigotry.

Last edited:

former wesleyan

After having been born in Mayfield Gaza should be a doddle.

TedHankey

Keane was known to dominate and bully his opponents into submission and also for his short temper and extreme reactions to anyone who stood up to him. Don't know if Israel would suit him...?

PeaceGoalie

I can imagine the clowns that picketed the Haifa v Dundalk game picketing Keanes charity events if he takes up this post. Those clowns should have got life bans from football for that bigotry.
Israel deliberately shoots and maims soccer players

Clanrickard

Israel deliberately shoots and maims soccer players
So they hate soccer players now? Is there no end to the evil of these Zinonazis? They are literally Hitler...blah blah.....fibble wibble *fade into babbling incoherence*

Hunter-Gatherer

didnt Celtic fans all wave palestine flags ? and Roy not only played for, but also supported Celtic as a boy.

rainmaker

Administrator
didnt Celtic fans all wave palestine flags ? and Roy not only played for, but also supported Celtic as a boy.
I very much doubt that the feelings of Celtic fans would influence his decision - if they did he would never have gone to Manchester United :roll:

DexterGreen22

Some did when we played Hapoel Beer Sheva, there were quite a few on display that night if I remember correctly.

I wasn't one of them, not because I have anything against the vast majority of Palestinians I just don't understand why our support tend to focus with laser like intensity on that particular conflict and turn up with more Palestinian flags than usual after an Israeli attack on Palestine but don't care so much for the conflicts in Tibet, or the Congo, or Yemen or.....

Maybe because it's trendier to back Palestine/criticise Israel and wear your Che Guevara t-shirt to Celtic Park than it is to criticise the CCP or Islamic radicals. Half our support would be up in arms if Israel took 10 yards of Palestinian territory but the CCP can claim thousands of sq km of international waters and not a peep. I can imagine the reaction at Celtic Park if Israel claimed all of the Mediterranean or Washington claimed all of the north Atlantic.

That noted a few Jews seem to have a 'Israel for the Jews but Europe for everyone but the Europeans' attitude towards immigration.

I think Keane supported us and Tottenham when he was younger, obviously he went to Manchester to play but he must have had some feeling for Celtic given that he traveled to Glasgow on derby day a few times when he was playing for Man Utd.

'And while he was the Iron Man of Old Trafford he was seen at a few Old Firm derbies, attempting to remain incognito.'
Nothing like a bit of Old Firm rivalry to bed the boy down - Telegraph

statsman

Jaysus, they must be desperate.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies