Israel Folau

owedtojoy

They hardly believe in hell and then do one of the things that leads to it.
All Christians that believe in Hell know that sinners go there, if they die without repentance and amendment.

But it does not stop many of them sinning.

toughbutfair

All Christians that believe in Hell know that sinners go there, if they die without repentance and amendment.

But it does not stop many of them sinning.
I think most Christians have chosen to not believe in hell and just believe in heaven, although I admit that I have no statistics to back this up.

owedtojoy

I think most Christians have chosen to not believe in hell and just believe in heaven, although I admit that I have no statistics to back this up.
Why do you think Confession was invented?

Let me know if Christians ever stop committing adultery (with the other sex or their own), or stop sexually experimenting with various orifices of the human body, male or female. In theory, they shouldn't.

toughbutfair

Why do you think Confession was invented?

Let me know if Christians ever stop committing adultery (with the other sex or their own), or stop sexually experimenting with various orifices of the human body, male or female. In theory, they shouldn't.
I believe that most Christians do not believe in hell. I think that those who do believe in hell do not commit adult art and definitely don’t sodomise.

owedtojoy

I believe that most Christians do not believe in hell. I think that those who do believe in hell do not commit adult art and definitely don’t sodomise.
I am afraid that is an opinion, not a fact.

I believe humans (not just Christians) go through cycles of Desire - Transgression - Guilt - Repentance - Desire .... and so on ...
it's what keeps life interesting. Sometimes they overcome their weaknesses, sometimes they indulge them, most often they just struggle.

Hillmanhunter1

A Christian, by definition, is one who believes that Jesus Christ was the son of God and part of the Trinity.

For Christians the New Testament is the key, the Old Testament is for the Jews and right wingers who find the Sermon on the Mount (which is the essence of Christianity) a bit suspect.

Christians do believe in hell - Jesus apparently referred to hell several times, but he never mentioned homosexuality. If it was so important I think he would have mentioned it,

but

toughbutfair

I am afraid that is an opinion, not a fact.

I believe humans (not just Christians) go through cycles of Desire - Transgression - Guilt - Repentance - Desire .... and so on ...
it's what keeps life interesting. Sometimes they overcome their weaknesses, sometimes they indulge them, most often they just struggle.
Of course what I stated is just an opinion, no problem with anyone disagreeing. I genuinely cannot remember the last time I felt guilt or repentance.

toughbutfair

A Christian, by definition, is one who believes that Jesus Christ was the son of God and part of the Trinity.

For Christians the New Testament is the key, the Old Testament is for the Jews and right wingers who find the Sermon on the Mount (which is the essence of Christianity) a bit suspect.

Christians do believe in hell - Jesus apparently referred to hell several times, but he never mentioned homosexuality. If it was so important I think he would have mentioned it,

but
How can Christians ignore half their holy book ? Sounds like they only want to hear the nice part and not the wrath part.

Hillmanhunter1

How can Christians ignore half their holy book ? Sounds like they only want to hear the nice part and not the wrath part.
Don't ask me, I'm an atheist.

But the two parts of the Bible are not the same and, raised as a Christian, I know that it is the second bit that counts. If you don't accept the second bit you are effectively a Jew - not that there's anything wrong (or right) about being a Jew.

toughbutfair

Don't ask me, I'm an atheist.

But the two parts of the Bible are not the same and, raised as a Christian, I know that it is the second bit that counts. If you don't accept the second bit you are effectively a Jew - not that there's anything wrong (or right) about being a Jew.
I think you are wrong when you say " I know that it is the second bit that counts". That is not the position of the Catholic Church (I doubt the others either). Picking the nice part for convenience does not a religion make.

Hillmanhunter1

Raelene Castle pays the price for, among other things, her cack-handed treatment of Folau:

AyaanMyHero

Raelene Castle pays the price for, among other things, her cack-handed treatment of Folau:

She followed the wishes of individuals in the public and sponsors whose main priority was certainly not rugby. Those individuals survived, she didn't.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom