Israel Folau

Peter72

But it is true.

The fact the churches are empty and the laws on divorce, abortion & blasphemy are, by popular demand, the polar opposite of the church's moral code, should tell you most people reject your Bronze Age morality.
Peoples rebellion against God's Law in fact backs me up, not you. 😊

rainmaker

Administrator
Peoples rebellion against God's Law in fact backs me up, not you. 😊
It really doesn't. In fact it's a stark reminder of what what little power you have left now.

Gone are the days when courts, lawmakers, politicians and governments were deferentially under the influence of the Church and it's bishops.

A sad, shadow of it's former self - with the churches so empty, for so long now after a century long decline in may places in the west & liberal democracies elsewhere, this may be the last century for a great many Christian denominations.

Clanrickard

But it is true.

The fact the churches are empty and the laws on divorce, abortion & blasphemy are, by popular demand, the polar opposite of the church's moral code, should tell you most people reject your Bronze Age morality.
While true it is not really the point. There are many devout Catholics who would never get a divorce but support the idea of divorce in law. Likewise there are Muslims who would never drink alcohol but would not actively want to ban it. Orthodox Jews would never drive on the Sabbath but would not ban other people from doing so. What you believe and what the law says are too different things. One can believe homosexuality to be moral objectionable yet be against it being illegal.

owedtojoy

Which begs the question why should RA be endorsing gay marriage?
And when did you stop beating your wife?

Where did RA "endorse gay marriage"?

Individual players supported gay marriage (and Israel Folau publicly opposed it) but AFAIK Rugby Australia never took an official position, nor imposed one on its employees.

Clanrickard

And when did you stop beating your wife?

Where did RA "endorse gay marriage"?

Individual players supported gay marriage (and Israel Folau publicly opposed it) but AFAIK Rugby Australia never took an official position, nor imposed one on its employees.

The ARU and the Wallabies joined other sporting organisations in explicitly stating their support for the β€˜yes’ campaign this week, changing their social media logos to a rainbow motif and pledging their commitment publicly.

Peter72

It really doesn't. In fact it's a stark reminder of what what little power you have left now.

Gone are the days when courts, lawmakers, politicians and governments were deferentially under the influence of the Church and it's bishops.

A sad, shadow of it's former self - with the churches so empty, for so long now after a century long decline in may places in the west & liberal democracies elsewhere, this may be the last century for a great many Christian denominations.
Nice speech.

But you still only succeed in proving my point.

The Liberal, right on, agenda that pervades in Europe is in full rebellion against God's Law.

😊

rainmaker

Administrator
The Liberal, right on, agenda that pervades in Europe is in full rebellion against God's Law.
As another poster recently pointed out - even many of the dwindled few left still attending the churches do not abide by much of it's moral teachings.

There is no liberal agenda at work here. This has been a gradual process that began in Europe post WW1, and has continued apace unabated to this point.

Peter72

As another poster recently pointed out - even many of the dwindled few left still attending the churches do not abide by much of it's moral teachings.

There is no liberal agenda at work here. This has been a gradual process that began in Europe post WW1, and has continued apace unabated to this point.
Good. You agree with me.

Hillmanhunter1

Do you think all gay people should 'keep it to themselves and their mouths shut, or just ones who are successful in businessmen
I am in favour of free speech. For Israel Folau, even though I disagree with him, and for Alan Joyce, and for everybody who wishes to express a view that is not hate speech or otherwise a crime.

But if CEO of a company has a pet cause, and he or she prevails upon the company that they lead to also support that cause, then that is a legitimate matter for discussion and debate, particularly if the company is a listed company or a state-owned company.

Discussion of the merits and demerits of the support by the company for the CEO's cause does not in and of itself infer impropriety, and should not, where the cause is gender-related, be characterized as homophobic. (And in fairness I don't think that Alan Joyce has ever taken this position)

It should be possible to discuss Qantas support for gay marriage in the same manner as one might reasonably ask if Ryanair's sponsorship of Cheltenham races is unrelated to Michael O'Leary's personal enthusiasm for national hunt.

owedtojoy

I am in favour of free speech. For Israel Folau, even though I disagree with him, and for Alan Joyce, and for everybody who wishes to express a view that is not hate speech or otherwise a crime.

But if CEO of a company has a pet cause, and he or she prevails upon the company that they lead to also support that cause, then that is a legitimate matter for discussion and debate, particularly if the company is a listed company or a state-owned company.

Discussion of the merits and demerits of the support by the company for the CEO's cause does not in and of itself infer impropriety, and should not, where the cause is gender-related, be characterized as homophobic. (And in fairness I don't think that Alan Joyce has ever taken this position)

It should be possible to discuss Qantas support for gay marriage in the same manner as one might reasonably ask if Ryanair's sponsorship of Cheltenham races is unrelated to Michael O'Leary's personal enthusiasm for national hunt.
In what way do you disagree with Alan Joyce?

Alan Joyce took Qantas in a direction approved by the board, the shareholders and ultimately the public. Same as other CEOS did of their companies. such as the Australian subsidiaries of Coca Cola, Apple, Target and Westpac.

And what is the relevance of the Australian Gay Marriage Referendum (which took place almost 2 years ago) to the Israel Folau case? None, on the face of it.

I can answer my own question - the case of Isreal Folau is being made part of a political backlash against gay marriage, and against a successful gay man. Folau's backers are part of that reaction, and with Joyce they think they can take a prominent gay man's scalp.

It is the Serengeti strategy - Alan Joyce as a gay man, with a connection to the Folau case, is seen as vulnerable and can be cut off to be savaged in the right-wing media, unlike the CEOs of Coca-Cola etc.

You do yourself no credit abetting this witch hunt.

Hillmanhunter1

In what way do you disagree with Alan Joyce?

Alan Joyce took Qantas in a direction approved by the board, the shareholders and ultimately the public. Same as other CEOS did of their companies. such as the Australian subsidiaries of Coca Cola, Apple, Target and Westpac.

And what is the relevance of the Australian Gay Marriage Referendum (which took place almost 2 years ago) to the Israel Folau case? None, on the face of it.

I can answer my own question - the case of Isreal Folau is being made part of a political backlash against gay marriage, and against a successful gay man. Folau's backers are part of that reaction, and with Joyce they think they can take a prominent gay man's scalp.

It is the Serengeti strategy - Alan Joyce as a gay man, with a connection to the Folau case, is seen as vulnerable and can be cut off to be savaged in the right-wing media, unlike the CEOs of Coca-Cola etc.

You do yourself no credit abetting this witch hunt.
You mis-read my post - I disagree with Folau, but defend his right to free speech.

I have no particular view on the propriety or otherwise of Qantas' support for gay marriage per se (though I do think that Qantas should stick to flying airplanes and RA to administering games).

I do however think it is legitimate to enquire, as it would in any other circumstances, how the causes supported by the CEO came to be also supported by the company.

Peter72

How do you get agreeing with you that 'there is a liberal agenda at work here' from 'There is no liberal agenda at work here' .

Your posting is starting to come across as trolling.
We're in full agreement that the liberal West has turned it's back on God's Law.

Life lesson for you. When someone agrees with you, it's not trolling. 😊

Buchaill Dana

Nice speech.

But you still only succeed in proving my point.

😊
And its winning hands down.

What does thst tell you about how irrelevant various brands of sky fairy are to people? People given a choice between getting on with it and being ordrered by a man in a dress to telepathically talk to a rapist in the clouds are only going one direction. Thats before we get to the whole murder, rape and medical experiment ring.

You lost. Behave accordingly. Which brings us to the topic in hand. You cant just say what you want and hide behind your imaginary beardy mate.

Peter72

And its winning hands down.

What does thst tell you about how irrelevant various brands of sky fairy are to people? People given a choice between getting on with it and being ordrered by a man in a dress to telepathically talk to a rapist in the clouds are only going one direction. Thats before we get to the whole murder, rape and medical experiment ring.

You lost. Behave accordingly. Which brings us to the topic in hand. You cant just say what you want and hide behind your imaginary beardy mate.
Behave accordingly.

The fascist mantra.

Who really wins when people decide they can heed their arrogant lusts ahead of God's Law?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies