Israel Folau

owedtojoy

You mis-read my post - I disagree with Folau, but defend his right to free speech.

I have no particular view on the propriety or otherwise of Qantas' support for gay marriage per se (though I do think that Qantas should stick to flying airplanes and RA to administering games).

I do however think it is legitimate to enquire, as it would in any other circumstances, how the causes supported by the CEO came to be also supported by the company.
... especially when he is a gay man, even though many other companies also supported gay marriage. And so did their CEOs, gay and straight. Gay marriage was not a cause that only those queers cared about.

A majority of white people supported civil rights for blacks, and a majority of straight people supported civil rights for gay people. You claim you are one of them. If you were Chairman of Qantas, what would you have done differently?

owedtojoy

Fair enough I got that wrong.

TBH, I am glad to see the RA took at public stand, and so did their fans. And so did the governing bodies of all Australian sports.

In fact, Australian sporing bodies appear to be the most favourable in the world to gay rights.

Clanrickard

Fair enough I got that wrong.

TBH, I am glad to see the RA took at public stand, and so did their fans. And so did the governing bodies of all Australian sports.

In fact, Australian sporing bodies appear to be the most favourable in the world to gay rights.
As far as I am concerned sporting bodies should stick to commenting about sport. Nothing else.

AyaanMyHero

... especially when he is a gay man, even though many other companies also supported gay marriage. And so did their CEOs, gay and straight. Gay marriage was not a cause that only those queers cared about.

A majority of white people supported civil rights for blacks, and a majority of straight people supported civil rights for gay people. You claim you are one of them. If you were Chairman of Qantas, what would you have done differently?
Try this..

"I see this type of comment (from Israel Folau) as very hurtful to gay people and moreover, I wish we did not have such publicity around it.

It must be acknowledged that the RA have a complex decision to make if they are to sanction Folau because in doing so, they will need to consider religious rights.

I am already very appreciative that the RA, as an organisation, are highly supportive of gay rights as evidenced by their public statements in the recent gay marriage referendum.

Given this unusual set of circumstances, RA should proceed with whatever action they see fit without concern for the Qantas sponsorship deal."

Buchaill Dana

So much hate.

So. If you don't identify as Liberal, how would you categorise yourself?
Hold up. You get to moralise and tell people they will burn in hell - love.

I say its none of your business what adults do in private - hate.

This is the hypocrisy in question.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies