Israel Folau

Golah veNekhar

As for the New Testament, the passage that might be interpreted to be discussing homosexuality are far too vague and encompass a lot of prohibitions more explicitly than homosexuality is addressed.
Read the First Chapter of the Epistle to the Romans. It is FAR more hard core than anything you will find in the Old Testament- ffs it advocates the death penalty for anyone even saying there should be tolerance for homosexuality. In terms of his humanity the Messiah Jesus was a Second Temple Jew- Second Temple Jews used to boast that homosexual activity did not exist among them and if it did crop up they would kill those involved. Where does Jesus complain about such attitudes in the Gospel?

The OD

Read the First Chapter of the Epistle to the Romans. It is FAR more hard core than anything you will find in the Old Testament- ffs it advocates the death penalty for anyone even saying there should be tolerance for homosexuality. In terms of his humanity the Messiah Jesus was a Second Temple Jew- Second Temple Jews used to boast that homosexual activity did not exist among them and if it did crop up they would kill those involved. Where does Jesus complain about such attitudes in the Gospel?
Thanks for that, must look into further.

AyaanMyHero

I see the Federal Court has encouraged RA and Folau to use mediation to resolve the dispute. If not resolved by end of this year, the federal court will hear the case in Feb 2020.

Wonder what Paddy Power says about the odds of a court case ?
If it is about principles as it seems to be, then it may well go all the way. I could see Folau settle out of court, provided the terms of the settlement were publically disclosed. Resolutions on points of principle are a bit useless to the world at large if we don't hear what the resolution was. I would say ball is in RAs court.

Hillmanhunter1

Sync

Did Rugby Australia ask him to get drunk or steal things?

Emily Davison

Sync

Well that would be asking him act against his beliefs as he’s laid them out. Except of course they didn’t do that. They just asked him to stop telling customers who acted differently to his beliefs that they were going to hell.

owedtojoy

This case continues to rumble on:

Folau's latest court-lodged documents turns heat up on 2018 emails from Raelene Castle

If, as reported, Rugby Australia's Raelene Castle said in an email that “Rugby Australia would never ask or expect him to act in a manner or way that is contrary to his beliefs,” this could be very significant.
Not really.

It is the difference between "Do ... " and "Don't do ... "

For example, they would never positively demand that he Tweet support for Gay Marriage. He was publicly against Gay Marriage, and other members of the Rugby squad (like Michael Hooper) was very much for it.

All they did was ask him to restrain his impulses to verbally assault members of the public with homophobic tweets. It was a negative demand, not a demand that he act contrary to his beliefs.

riven

As others have said, RA never forced Folau to support or deny anything.

As we have already laid out, Folau's "beliefs" are made up. He can only show references for these beliefs by selectively tasking excerpts from different books from different gospels and different testaments. Given that he continues to break the rules of many of these books, one does wonder where his moral standpoint comes from.

But no doubt Folau, and only Folau is allowed to judge. He is, in his mind after all, a deity, as he continues to tell us the will of God. There can be no other explanation for such a contradictory approach.

The OD

As others have said, RA never forced Folau to support or deny anything.

As we have already laid out, Folau's "beliefs" are made up. He can only show references for these beliefs by selectively tasking excerpts from different books from different gospels and different testaments. Given that he continues to break the rules of many of these books, one does wonder where his moral standpoint comes from.

But no doubt Folau, and only Folau is allowed to judge. He is, in his mind after all, a deity, as he continues to tell us the will of God. There can be no other explanation for such a contradictory approach.
There is one explanation - he's a homphobic @sshole. Also a greedy pr1ck too.

Emily Davison

Wise Folau has given a sermon at church yesterday. He believes Australian forest fires are the wrath of God because the government passed marriage equality and abortion laws.

This will no doubt help his court case.

Last edited:

Emily Davison

Folau has his supporters. Or rather A supporter who is steadfast.

This chap, politician Bob Katter, well he’s a fine fellow altogether. To his credit in supporting Folau, he’s also a supporter of child rapist Cardinal Pell.

owedtojoy

Wise Folau has given a sermon at church yesterday. He believs Australian forest fires are the wrath of God because the government passed marriage equality and abortion laws.

This will no doubt help his court case.
Someone should tell him to stop digging.

Courts and tribunals strive to be fair, but it is hard to forget the label "religious fanatic" once it gets lodged in the brain.

Emily Davison

Stop believing in his religion? Why? Because it upsets some people? Don't like him don't listen to him?
I'm sure the families of the people killed in the forest fires closed their ears, turned off their tv's, don't use social media or buy newspapers. The poor dears have taken a leaf out of your book and haven't heard that Israel Folau, quite a famous person, all over the news, that he thinks their loved ones died by the wrath of God. And yeah, you are correct, that's entirely their fault they heard that because you know, they shouldn't have listened to him.

It's not his religion is the problem. In case you hadn't noticed.

And it's also entirely passed you by that Israel Folau by any measure is a religious fanatic. And so dogged in his religion he seeks to judge others. Including people killed by forest firest.

Emily Davison

Someone should tell him to stop digging.

Courts and tribunals strive to be fair, but it is hard to forget the label "religious fanatic" once it gets lodged in the brain.
The beauty of this one has no doubt not escaped you. It's ok to call out the gays and abortion, and you'll have the religious supporters secretely or openly happy about that. Agreeing with him. But saying forest fires are as a result of the wrath of God is just beautiful in an example of how to lose all vestigages of support. Other than Bob of coure. Of whom I know nothing but it's either an idiot or another religious fanatic is what he is. I suspect a bit of both. Especially given his support of Pell. And Ireland, it has it's fair share of Catholic sympathisers who hate the truth of Tuam et al.

Emily Davison

But are you not judging him?

His beliefs might seem bonkers to you but they are his beliefs.
Yep. I'm judging him for the grade A (suitable word) that he is. But I'm not invoking God to do so. And I've zero issue with his beliefs. Which he is entirely entitled to have. But what he's not entitled to do is blame people for being burnt to death on legislation that has zero to do with forest fires. Do you think otherwise. Has he upset you Betson with what he did yesterday. Can you not find it in yourself not to judge him now. Was it ok what he said about the gays and abortion. Has he now shown a tiny chink of light into exactly how far he is taking his religious views.

Betson

Yep. I'm judging him for the grade A (suitable word) that he is. But I'm not invoking God to do so. And I've zero issue with his beliefs. Which he is entirely entitled to have. But what he's not entitled to do is blame people for being burnt to death on legislation that has zero to do with forest fires. Do you think otherwise. Has he upset you Betson with what he did yesterday. Can you not find it in yourself not to judge him now. Was it ok what he said about the gays and abortion. Has he now shown a tiny chink of light into exactly how far he is taking his religious views.
Others peoples beliefs do not upset me in any way , I am an atheist so he has probably condemned me to 'hell' as well but that is free speech and his right to do so.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom