Israel Folau

Golah veNekhar

As for the New Testament, the passage that might be interpreted to be discussing homosexuality are far too vague and encompass a lot of prohibitions more explicitly than homosexuality is addressed.
Read the First Chapter of the Epistle to the Romans. It is FAR more hard core than anything you will find in the Old Testament- ffs it advocates the death penalty for anyone even saying there should be tolerance for homosexuality. In terms of his humanity the Messiah Jesus was a Second Temple Jew- Second Temple Jews used to boast that homosexual activity did not exist among them and if it did crop up they would kill those involved. Where does Jesus complain about such attitudes in the Gospel?

The OD

Read the First Chapter of the Epistle to the Romans. It is FAR more hard core than anything you will find in the Old Testament- ffs it advocates the death penalty for anyone even saying there should be tolerance for homosexuality. In terms of his humanity the Messiah Jesus was a Second Temple Jew- Second Temple Jews used to boast that homosexual activity did not exist among them and if it did crop up they would kill those involved. Where does Jesus complain about such attitudes in the Gospel?
Thanks for that, must look into further.

AyaanMyHero

I see the Federal Court has encouraged RA and Folau to use mediation to resolve the dispute. If not resolved by end of this year, the federal court will hear the case in Feb 2020.

Wonder what Paddy Power says about the odds of a court case ?
If it is about principles as it seems to be, then it may well go all the way. I could see Folau settle out of court, provided the terms of the settlement were publically disclosed. Resolutions on points of principle are a bit useless to the world at large if we don't hear what the resolution was. I would say ball is in RAs court.

New Threads

Most Replies