Israel proves it prefers Land to Peace

sondagefaux

Ummm, how does one already establish a settlement?
Enough of this carping. The Bible says that land belongs to Israel.

As everybody knows, a collection of myths and pseudo-history written thousands of years ago is the definitive guide to modern international law.

johntrenchard

Your little map neglects to mention what percentage of Jordan's surface area is desert.

Your reasoning is right up there with Ulster loyalists who see no problem in kicking out Northern Ireland Catholics on the basis they can go live in the Republic. Or it would be if the Republic was over 80% inhospitable desert.
about the same percentage that is desert in israel - pretty much all of it.

stoichkov

the march towards greater israel proceeds apace and on schedule.

i wanted to puke when i saw those appalling settlers this morning on the news, pouring more concrete and cheering their heads off.

it's all about land-grabbing and water-theft, nothing else.

Libero

Have you a link for that claim? I suspect it's wrong.

I also doubt you've thought through the water scarcity problem in Jordan, and that state's ability to accommodate an increased population: WHO | Jordan: Water is life

All that aside, are you trying to claim that Palestinian Arabs should move out of the West Bank to Jordan, so that Israeli settlers can have free run of the place?

TheTinker

Enough of this carping. The Bible says that land belongs to Israel.

As everybody knows, a collection of myths and pseudo-history written thousands of years ago is the definitive guide to modern international law.
From the Book of Ezra
"Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of Jehovah by the mouth of Jeremiah, Jehovah stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he sent a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and he also put it in writing, saying, Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, Jehovah, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and He has appointed me to build Him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah."

It is now a clear fact that the Iranians were responsible for saving the Jews,
returning them to Judaea around 550BC and helping them to rebuild after
Babylonian occupation.

They are clearly allies.

johndodger

From the Book of Ezra
"Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of Jehovah by the mouth of Jeremiah, Jehovah stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he sent a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and he also put it in writing, saying, Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, Jehovah, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and He has appointed me to build Him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah."

It is now a clear fact that the Iranians were responsible for saving the Jews,
returning them to Judaea around 550BC and helping them to rebuild after
Babylonian occupation.

They are clearly allies.
Yes Israel and Iran are allies.

Isn't it time for your medication now?

Riadach

And I thought they made the desert bloom?

In reality, they made the Fertile Crescent bloom, which in reflection is not that much of an achievement.

Of course, thanks to Ariel Sharon, and one attorney general,now 50% of all land in the West Bank is state land. All that mountain climbing and goat-************************ counting clearly paid off.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
Hamas were sent into political isolation for refusing to recognise Israel , Israels refusal to recognise Palestine should have the same result
Hamas were sent into political isolation for launching a campaign of whole scale slaughter against Palestinian security forces. Both before and after that fact their stance on Isreal was well established. Hamas remain in isolation because they have nothing new to say and nothing at all to contribute towards peace.

slx

It's very tough to negotiate with Israel though. When you think about how their parliament actually operates, you're effectively dealing with a country where minority extreme parties have the balance of power all the time.

Their parliamentary system is basically the worst outcome you could have for a proportional representation system as it's just become so fragmented that it's almost unworkable.

I'm not excusing their behaviour as a nation, but it does explain how things tend to operate within that country.

Knesset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia explains a lot.

Aristodemus

The Israelis gave up Sinai and Gaza so the theory that they prefer land to peace is rubbish. Abbas has had 14 months of a building moratorium to discuss peace and has done nothing. As the deadline approaches he then decides to engage. He is a typical Arab negotiator, incompetent and corrupt.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
It's very tough to negotiate with Israel though. When you think about how their parliament actually operates, you're effectively dealing with a country where minority extreme parties have the balance of power all the time.

Their parliamentary system is basically the worst outcome you could have for a proportional representation system as it's just become so fragmented that it's almost unworkable.

I'm not excusing their behaviour as a nation, but it does explain how things tend to operate within that country.

Knesset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia explains a lot.
Isreal is difficult to deal with given its internal balance of power is always so unweidly. But that said the old excuse of security is now all but gone. The Westbank/Fatah/PLO is not a threat to Isreal, Gaza is an annoyance that would be a Palestinian internal issue on foot of a resolution, Egypt and Jordan are friendly and Syria is not interested in conflict. The only ongoing security concerns are those protaining to Iranian backed militants, but they ironically have an excuse to exist as long as Isreal does not make peace. So the security argument is based on insecurity that Isreal itself is helping perpetuate. In that both Iran and Isreal have common interest in stoking tensions.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
The Israelis gave up Sinai and Gaza so the theory that they prefer land to peace is rubbish. Abbas has had 14 months of a building moratorium to discuss peace and has done nothing. As the deadline approaches he then decides to engage. He is a typical Arab negotiator, incompetent and corrupt.
To be fair if Abbas entered negotiations any sooner the Palestinians would have lost East Jerusalem before any talks came to any sort of agreement. The settlements are the same sort of millstone around Abbas neck. By the time any agreement might be concluded the territory on offer might be drastically smaller than what was in Palestinian hands before talks began. There is also the facter of Isreals inevitable security zone. Any eventual settlement will not only strip the Palestinians of land occupied by settlements but in all likihood a large security buffer zone around those territories too.

If Abbas continues talks he is left fighting for a Palestinian state, minus land that Jewish settlements are on, minus a multiple of that for an Isreali security zone and minus East Jersulem. Without preconditions for talks Abbas is left with the burden of being the one identified by Palestinian radicals, who themselves have nothing to contribute, as being the person who lost both East Jerusalem and most of the remaining Westbank.

Now that Abbas looks like he is backing out, as he should, let see what the radicals can offer in terms of a 'vistory over Isreal'. Both Hamas and Hezzbollah serve an agenda that has little or nothing to do with a free Palestinian state. As organisations they exist to further Irans percieved foothold in the region and as the focus for cheerleading idiots. Proof of that is the fact that both have removed themsevles from the possibilty of any agreement with Isreal, the result of which means that Abbas is left holding the can for the rights and future of Palestinians. An unenviable position made harder and near impossible by extremist on all sides.

Last edited:

yanshuf

Already established illegal settlements.
The settlements are perfectly legal. They are a recognised right of the Jews in Judea and Samaria as written in the text of the Mandate for Palestine.

The UN itself protects this right in article 80 of its Charter.

As for the thread, it's just another anti-Israeli one, to begin the week with.

brughahaha

Hamas were sent into political isolation for launching a campaign of whole scale slaughter against Palestinian security forces. Both before and after that fact their stance on Isreal was well established. Hamas remain in isolation because they have nothing new to say and nothing at all to contribute towards peace.
Yes where Israel contributes so much towards Peace doesn't it .... such a peace loving country :p:p:p lol

Israel is the blood thirstiest, biggest warmongering and most violent country on the planet. Both Internationally and domestically , ( where in occupied Palestine Jewish settlers are allowed murder Palestinians with impunity)

A dreadful and barbaric country that should be isolated from international affairs in much the same way as its good friend Apartheid South Africa was

johntrenchard

Yes where Israel contributes so much towards Peace doesn't it .... such a peace loving country :p:p:p lol

Israel is the blood thirstiest, biggest warmongering and most violent country on the planet. Both Internationally and domestically , ( where in occupied Palestine Jewish settlers are allowed murder Palestinians with impunity)

A dreadful and barbaric country that should be isolated from international affairs in much the same way as its good friend Apartheid South Africa was
errr. excuse me? what Hamas propaganda have you been reading?

by stating such things you betray a staggering ignorance of history. I would suggest you start with the 1948 war, and go from there.

but then again brainwashed ignoramus's like you that make sweeping statements like that will never be convinced. you're just a drone. you have no capabiity of looking at this situation in a rational way.

and may i add - drones like you are actually part of the problem, rather than the solution.

brughahaha

errr. excuse me? what Hamas propaganda have you been reading?

by stating such things you betray a staggering ignorance of history. I would suggest you start with the 1948 war, and go from there.

but then again brainwashed ignoramus's like you that make sweeping statements like that will never be convinced. you're just a drone. you have no capabiity of looking at this situation in a rational way.

and may i add - drones like you are actually part of the problem, rather than the solution.
Where as you are contributing to a solution by posting on P.ie ... get over yourself:rolleyes:

As for being an ignoramus ... i notice how you singularly failed to point out where Im incorrect

As for History ...hmmm In the last 5 years , we have Israels attack on the mainly civillian population of South lebanon in 2006 followed by its equally barbaric operation in Gaza , a population it had imprisoned , starved , sonic boomed and degraded for years beforehand ,its massive overuse of force on the high seas resulting in 9 further casualties , its publicised extra judicial killings around the globe , its daily humiliation of Palestinians in the West Bank where women have been forced to give birth in the baking sun while sneering IDF soldiers look on, where people are denied medical treatment on a whim or forced into a 50 mile detour in ambulances across non paved roads because the roads are reserved for Israelis ... the perpetual internationally illegal land grabs , the daily torture of children , the internment of adults and the sundering of families be3cause of race and religious laws

But yet despite all that some how Im an an ignoramus for calling Israel a savage , brutal viscous greedy supremacist country akin to its former good friend apartheid South Africa

Away and educate yourself ya gobshiite

yanshuf

Compared to any country in Europe, many countries in Africa or Asia, the Israeli Arab conflict doesn't even get to tenth of the death tolls.

As for the barbarity, one just has to imagine what would have happened had the Arabs won the war of independence back in 1948.

Their barbarity and cruelty is well-known all over the world! Gangs of pogromchiks.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies