• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Israel strikes Syrian convoy in Lebanon

Ulster-Lad

It is being reported that there has been an increase on Israeli jets operating over Southern Lebanon recently and they have just struck a munitions convoy belonging to Syria. No word on casualties or what exactly was in the convoy.

This could get interesting. Iran reported any attack on Syria would be considered an attack on them (Iran). Then there is those Russians operating near-by. We also have a contingent of Irish troops in Southern Lebanon.

Israel Strikes Convoy On Syria-Lebanon Border

ruserious

Oh dear. If this was in fact inside Lebanon, Israel will risk starting another war in the region. UNIFIL will have their hands full.

Ulster-Lad

Hitch 22

[video=youtube;1aKAH_t0aXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKAH_t0aXA[/video]

ruserious

Grumpy Jack

Israel has made it quite clear to anyone who would listen that it would intervene in Syria if it had intelligence there was any attempt to pass Syrian chemical weapons to Hezbollah or other such groups - or if it felt those weapons could fall into rebel hands in Syria.

Why is anyone surprised if this is now happening?

What do posters expect them to do - stand by and let avowed enemies get their hands on lethal chemical weapons?

It's not like such action is out of the blue - Israel has taken military for the last 65 years whenever such threats are manifest.

But something has happened in recent days to trigger heightened alert status in Israel - the IDF is on higher alert, Iron Dome missiles have been moved to the northern border and a top official has been sent to Moscow to lobby/warn Russia over the Syrian chemical weapons.

Netanyahu on Syrian options: 'Bad, bad and... JPost - Middle East

Top official sent to Moscow over Syria chemical weapons worries | The Times of Israel

Hitch 22

Israel - kicking ass since the time of Pharoah! :lol:

[video=youtube;z5lXEFdZAmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5lXEFdZAmU[/video]

Ulster-Lad

Israel has made it quite clear to anyone who would listen that it would intervene in Syria if it had intelligence there was any attempt to pass Syrian chemical weapons to Hezbollah or other such groups - or if it felt those weapons could fall into rebel hands in Syria.

What do posters expect them to do - stand by and let avowed enemies get their hands on lethal chemical weapons?

It's not like such action is out of the blue - Israel has taken military for the last 65 years whenever such threats are manifest.

But something has happened in recent days to trigger heightened alert status in Israel - the IDF is on higher alert, Iron Dome missiles have been moved to the northern border and a top official has been sent to Moscow to lobby/warn Russia over the Syrian chemical weapons.

Top official sent to Moscow over Syria chemical weapons worries | The Times of Israel
I have not seen it reported that this convoy was carrying chemical weapons. I did not make that allegation in the OP nor did the link I cited. Do you have some other information that states the convoy was carrying chemical weapons?

Andy4571

It was likely Syrian regime convoy smuggling more weapons and missiles to Hezbollah terrorists and Israel rightly destroyed it.

Grumpy Jack

I have not seen it reported that this convoy was carrying chemical weapons. I did not make that allegation in the OP nor did the link I cited. Do you have some other information that states the convoy was carrying chemical weapons?
I was pointing out that Israel has clearly stated what would trigger IDF action in Syria.

The Israelis are not going to attack such a convoy for the sake of it but because it has definite intelligence something it sees as a threat to them was being transported from Syria - it could be missiles or it could be chemical weapons but I doubt very much it was cuddly toys.

The Herren

It is being reported that there has been an increase on Israeli jets operating over Southern Lebanon recently and they have just struck a munitions convoy belonging to Syria. No word on casualties or what exactly was in the convoy.

This could get interesting. Iran reported any attack on Syria would be considered an attack on them (Iran). Then there is those Russians operating near-by. We also have a contingent of Irish troops in Southern Lebanon.

Israel Strikes Convoy On Syria-Lebanon Border
Fair dues to the Israelis, no pussyfooting around. They deserve the suport of all who value freedom and particularly freddom from the imposed scourge of Islamic laws and customs. They are our front line in the Middle East againts hordes of fanatical muslims.

Hewson

Israel - kicking ass since the time of Pharoah! :lol:

[video=youtube;z5lXEFdZAmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5lXEFdZAmU[/video]
Brainless fokking tw*t.

The Herren

Don't quote the OP, it is terrible, you actually gave no opinion.

Hewson

Aww the poor Syrian convoy got bombed. Poor widdle Hewson is all upset.
It's your post, Einstein.

'Since the time of Pharaoh.'

Who was 'Pharaoh'?

Trainwreck

Nonsense, Russia has long used Syria as the base of its Mediterranean fleet. To somehow suggest now that they are there to deter the west is ignorant of recent history. Russia will back whomever appears to be winning the conflict as it needs that base.
Presumbly they won't back a budding regime that would send them packing...

bye bye mubarak

You uave inside information that the convoy was carrying chemical weapons, and the Israelis attacked it - ccriminally neglegent. Thousands could die, Israel wouldn't do this. Suppose if it was only arabs getting killed they would.

Popular Threads

Most Replies