• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Israeli Minister of Justice Declares That Criticism of Israel is Anti-Semitic.

maxflinn

BDS is really hitting home now. I wonder if any other countries will agree with the Israeli Justice Minister that criticism of the Israeli State's actions are 'anti-Semitic'.

No doubt a US under the control of Hillary Clinton would.

Are we to soon see criticism of Israeli actions banned from this site I wonder?

Truly Orwellian stuff!!

Israeli minister: Criticizing Israel is the new anti-Semitism

Israel’s justice minister, Ayelet Shaked, on Wednesday slammed European leaders who criticize Israel and advocates of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement against the country, accusing them of simply swapping old anti-Semitic tropes for a new format.

“In the past, we saw European leaders speaking against the Jews. Now, we see them speaking against Israel. It is the same anti-Semitism of blood libels, spreading lies, distorting reality and brainwashing people into hating Israel and the Jews,” Shaked said in an interview with The Washington Post.

She said supporters of movements such as BDS, which, according to its website, calls for putting economic and political pressure on Israel in a bid to force it to comply with international law and gain rights for Palestinians, are “using the same kind of anti-Semitism but instead of saying they are against the Jews, they say they are against Israel.”

Ramon Mercadar

Is this Anti-Semitism?

WCC: Israeli treatment of representatives at airport unacceptable

09 May 2016

After traveling to Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv in the last week for a climate justice meeting, World Council of Churches (WCC) staff and partners were detained or deported in a manner that WCC general secretary Rev. Dr Olav Fykse Tveit terms both unprecedented and intolerable.

“The WCC protests the excessive, unreasonable and wholly unwarranted treatment by the Israeli authorities of these representatives of WCC member churches and staff traveling to engage in discussions on climate change and environmental stewardship, at the invitation of and hosted by WCC’s member churches in the region,” he said.

Members of the WCC’s Working Group on Climate Change from as many as 13 countries reported they were held for hours of interrogation, including tough intimidation and detention in prison-like conditions for up to three days — a very difficult experience, Tveit said. “We react in different ways emotionally to experiences like this. For all of them, I think it was totally unexpected and very disturbing, for most of them shocking, as they have never experienced anything like this before.” ...

WCC: Israeli treatment of representatives at airport unacceptable

roc_

She is absolutely correct.

The rise of "Anti-Zionism" as a proxy for Anti Semitism over the last 40 years among lefty types has been slow but steady until recent times when it has catapulted into being the modus operandi of the mob in general.

The barrage of anti-Israel / anti-Jewish stories on here are mostly gross distortions or out-right lies. Even the most stupid person has to be able to see that. It's clear as day.

Just observe the zeal of delegitimisation, defamation, and demonisation of Israel; the indifference to Israeli perspectives; the holding Israel to a standard that it fails to do with any of the other players in the region; and so on, and you soon find out where the line of legitimate and concerned criticism of Israel, as opposed to antisemitism, really is.

The double standards are incredibly extreme. In fact I really think that the "Anti-Zionists" on here must subconsciously really think of the Palestinians as little more than "wogs". Or else why would they not apply the same standards to them? Whereas I have met many Palestinians who were fine people. Why would I not apply the same standards to them as I would to the Israelis?

Apply exactly the same standards to both sides. Then go back and observe the situation. Shaked is spot on.

And as for BDS...

Clanrickard

BDS is really hitting home now. I wonder if any other countries will agree with the Israeli Justice Minister that criticism of the Israeli State's actions are 'anti-Semitic'.

No doubt a US under the control of Hillary Clinton would.

Are we to soon see criticism of Israeli actions banned from this site I wonder?

Truly Orwellian stuff!!

Israel’s justice minister, Ayelet Shaked, on Wednesday slammed European leaders who criticize Israel and advocates of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement against the country, accusing them of simply swapping old anti-Semitic tropes for a new format.

“In the past, we saw European leaders speaking against the Jews. Now, we see them speaking against Israel. It is the same anti-Semitism of blood libels, spreading lies, distorting reality and brainwashing people into hating Israel and the Jews,” Shaked said in an interview with The Washington Post.

She said supporters of movements such as BDS, which, according to its website, calls for putting economic and political pressure on Israel in a bid to force it to comply with international law and gain rights for Palestinians, are “using the same kind of anti-Semitism but instead of saying they are against the Jews, they say they are against Israel.”
Norman Finkelstein, no friend of Israel, has called out the BDS movement for the bigots they are. Well done Ms. Shaked.

Dame_Enda

Anti Semitism is criticising people because they are Jewish. However the reason Israel is criticised is that it is engaged in an illegal 50 year old Occupation of the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza and is rehashing Western-style colonial practices such as settlements, mass expulsion (in Area C but also since 1948 when 740,000 Arabs were expelled from present day Israel) and condoning atrocities both by the IDF and settlers.

The fact that anti Semitism exists does not mean Israel should be allowed a blank cheque to make it worse by committing war crimes that play into the hands of anti semites. You don't combat a myth by trying to make it true.

Given that Israel arose from the ashes of the Holocaust, it is reasonable to expect they show enemy civilians the kind of humanity that was denied to their own ancestors in WW2.

The Field Marshal

The state of Israel has always abused its religious connection with Judaism to play the victim card.

Israel is not a secular state

former wesleyan

bump

maxflinn

Shaked is spot on.
Shaked is a supremacist and she is quite obviously anything but spot on.

The only reason she's coming out with this kind of nonsense is because the peaceful, non-violent Palestinian resistance movement: BDS, is starting to really hurt illegal businesses in the illegally occupied West Bank.

Shillary Clinton too is more or less peddling the same nonsense for the same reasons. Her dirty purse stuffed full of Zionist bribe money.

The people of the world aren't stupid though, and BDS will grow stronger and begin to hurt more going forward, while more and more people become aware of the facts despite the increasingly desperate attempts of Israel to deflect from its litany of crimes against the Palestinian people.

Cynicist

The state of Israel has always abused its religious connection with Judaism to play the victim card.

Israel is not a secular state

It does not even pretend and is out there officially as the Jewish State of Israel. Imagine if there was such as state as the Protestant State of Rock All or the Catholic State of the Virgin Islands.

The irony is that despite its name and the laws of prejudice against Palestinians, Israel claims to be democratic. As a renegade state with weapons of mass destruction, there is cause for the whole world to be concerned that such an unpredictable and aggressive state exists in the Middle East today. That is reality not anti-Semitism.

kalipa

Clanrickard (you're part of the house of Burke somewhere in Clare I presume?), you're wasting your breath posting replies on a thread dominated by the likes of Max Flynn & ROC, probably the 2 biggest Nazis on this site.
This is not about posters it is about the racist Aylet Shaked.
Do you have anything to say about her ?

yanshuf

Shaked is a supremacist and she is quite obviously anything but spot on.

The only reason she's coming out with this kind of nonsense is because the peaceful, non-violent Palestinian resistance movement: BDS, is starting to really hurt illegal businesses in the illegally occupied West Bank.

Shillary Clinton too is more or less peddling the same nonsense for the same reasons. Her dirty purse stuffed full of Zionist bribe money.

The people of the world aren't stupid though, and BDS will grow stronger and begin to hurt more going forward, while more and more people become aware of the facts despite the increasingly desperate attempts of Israel to deflect from its litany of crimes against the Palestinian people.
It's not Ayelet Shaked who says that, it's many many people around the world.

Here's Franc's High Court's decision about the antisemitic nature of the BDSers:

France’s highest court of appeals confirmed earlier rulings that found promoters of a boycott against Israel guilty of inciting hate or discrimination.

Read more: France Court Upholds 'BDS Is Discrimination' Ruling - Breaking News

Cynicist

A day before Palestinian teenager Muhammad Abu Khudair was kidnapped and burned alive allegedly by six Israeli Jewish youths, Israeli lawmaker Ayelet Shaked published on Facebook a call for genocide of the Palestinians.

It was a call for genocide because it declared that “the entire Palestinian people is the enemy” and justified its destruction, “including its elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure.”

It was a call for genocide because it calls for the slaughter of Palestinian mothers who give birth to “little snakes.”

If Shaked’s post did not meet the legal definition of a call for genocide then nothing did.

Her post was shared more than one thousand times and received almost five thousand “Likes.”

That is the Shaked and the Israeli extremist government in action.

JacquesHughes

In the Irish political lexicon we have the expression, 'Ireland takes it's place among the nations of the world'. That's been our ambition.

Once there, you're on a coconut shy (another term to look up). Your treatment of national minorities, religious cranks, your neighbours, is correctly open to scrutiny and criticism. Your treatment of national religious majorities ( catholic in Ireland, jewish in Israel ), however considerate and understanding, is rarely praised. So the international comment can seem a bit unbalanced, even begrudging.

If your State has actually pursued policies of annexation, changing the demographics of occupied territories, large scale dumping of human rights, systematic economic discrimination, controls restive populations within fenced off ghettos, defies UN resolutions intended to help those beleaguered populations, requires extra-judicial murders and detention without trial to effect those policies ; then the chorus of international criticism, gathering over half a century of persistent error, may become so deafening that ordinary people , in frustration at their governments' inactivity, add their personal boycott or disinvestment.

Had Ireland pursued this course, I do not believe we would have got much international sympathy either, no matter how 'gentile' a nation we were perceived to be.

timhorgan

Now now - can we all agree on one thing - we must never mention Israel and Apartheid and we must never say Boycott Israeli goods. From now on the politically correct slogans are-

An Unspecified Country in the Middle East is an Apartheid State.

Boycott an Unspecified Country in the Middle East.

Last edited:

timhorgan

I wan surprised to read that only two flags were allowed to be flown in Nazi Germany during the 1930's -the first below I know.

I wonder if anyone on here can tell me what the second flag is and why it was the only other flag allowed, please?

Last edited:

roc_

I wan surprised to read that only two flags were allowed to be flown in Nazi Germany during the 1930's -the first below I know.

I wonder if anyone on here can tell me what the second flag is and why it was the only other flag allowed, please?
According to your usual "go to" website, the INSTITUTE FOR "HISTORICAL REVIEW"

"... In cooperation with the German authorities, Zionist groups organized a network of some forty camps and agricultural centers throughout Germany where prospective settlers were trained for their new lives in Palestine. Although the Nuremberg Laws forbid Jews from displaying the German flag, Jews were specifically guaranteed the right to display the blue and white Jewish national banner. The flag that would one day be adopted by Israel was flown at the Zionist camps and centers in Hitler's Germany..."

So what are you trying to say? - That Netanyahu was actually correct? Anger at Netanyahu claim Palestinian grand mufti inspired Holocaust | World news | The Guardian

"... In his speech, Netanyahu purported to describe a meeting between Haj Amin al-Husseini and Hitler in November 1941. “Hitler didn’t want to exterminate the Jews at the time, he wanted to expel the Jews. And Haj Amin al-Husseini went to Hitler and said: ‘If you expel them, they’ll all come here [to Palestine].’” According to Netanyahu, Hitler then asked: “What should I do with them?” and the mufti replied: “Burn them.”.."

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies