IT fails to mention husband of FF Honorary Treasurer took €101,000 in fees from €396,000 widow’s estate

Orbit v2

Was she guilty? If not, it's utterly irrelevant to the story.
The solicitor himself hasn't even been "found guilty" of anything. The crazy thing about the story is the tip-toeing that the Law Society is doing around the issue and possibly why the gardai don't appear to even be involved (yet). But, the OP doesn't see that. He's busy implicating other people with no evidence whatsover other being the spouse of the main character.

Even then, it would be laughable in the extreme to suggest, never mind believe that such moneys if they were taken improperly would be given to Fianna Fail. Why the feck would anyone do that?

The OP has obviously been fed this line by someone (because there is no link between the two stories in his OP), and they know there is a cohort of fools who will believe it anyway.

SPN

There's a photo of her with Micky the Bagman doing the rounds.

Does anyone have a copy that can be posted here.

SPN

Well they hardly need to mention that now, you would assume that someone like that would be a FFer.
Being a member of Fianna Fail is not a crime.

But it is the equivalent of loitering with intent.

Schuhart

The Irish Times reported of a court case that Ballaghaderreen solicitor Declan O’Callaghan who took €101,000 in fees from €396,000 widow’s estate. Conveniently they failed to mention that his Office Manager & wife Mary Devine O’Callaghan is the Honorary Treasurer of Fianna Fail.
In fairness, they also don't seem to highlight that he seems to be the chair of the Council for the West
Profile of Council for the West

Declan O'Callaghan
Native of Mohill, Co. Leitrim. Graduated from UCG (now NUIG) with B.A. and LL.B. Qualified as Solicitor in 1983 and commenced own Legal Practice at Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon in 1987. Lives in Ballaghaderreen with his wife Mary Devine O'Callaghan and three daughters. Chairman of Council for the West, founder member and first Chairman of Ballaghaderreen & Districts Development Ltd. He has been actively involved in many community and voluntary groups.

PAGE61

I think the main point here is , If this was any other political party except FFG, the headlines would scream.... SF Treasurers husband etc etc ...

You cannot argue with that.

GDPR

The moral of the story is that it doesnt matter one whit whether your spouse is a member of a political party, or not, the Law Society looks after its own.

Aindriu

Levellers

flavirostris

This story has been breaking for a while. The first part of it was his charging 344,000 in fees from a child's estate valued at 454, 840.

Thats 75% of the total value of the estate.

CatullusV

This story has been breaking for a while. The first part of it was his charging 344,000 in fees from a child's estate valued at 454, 840.

Thats 75% of the total value of the estate.
The figures are, of course, mind-boggling.

macedo

I never thought I'd find myself typing these words, but I think P O'Neill has a point.

flavirostris

The figures are, of course, mind-boggling.
Insane. He is being suspended from practicing as a solicitor but has launched some kind of an appeal to be allowed to continue to practice under supervision.

I suspect there are other stories to come out as well. Both are prominent FF supporters.

Notachipanoaktree

Insane. He is being suspended from practicing as a solicitor but has launched some kind of an appeal to be allowed to continue to practice under supervision.

I suspect there are other stories to come out as well. Both are prominent FF supporters.
Under the supervision of his wife, eh?

When it's all over will she be thrown off a roof too?

New Threads

Most Replies