IT fails to mention husband of FF Honorary Treasurer took €101,000 in fees from €396,000 widow’s estate

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
And still today not a whisper in the media like this article in O'Briens comic about solicitor Declan O’Callaghan is married to Fianna Fail treasurer Mary Devine O’Callaghan, his office manager to explain how he took €101k from a widow and has now been ‘given time’ to explain. He also took €344,000 in extortionate fees from a bereaved child’s estate, which he was forced to pay back. Normal people would consider this theft so where are the denouncing headlines and why are the Guards not involved ?

Solicitor given time to explain €101,000 fees
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/solicitor-given-time-to-explain-101000-fees-37074502.html

Last edited:

Eoin Coir

And still today not a whisper in the media like this article in O'Briens comic about solicitor Declan O’Callaghan is married to Fianna Fail treasurer Mary Devine O’Callaghan, his office manager to explain how he took €101k from a widow and has now been ‘given time’ to explain. He also took €344,000 in extortionate fees from a bereaved child’s estate, which he was forced to pay back. Normal people would consider this theft so where are the denouncing headlines and why are the Guards not involved ?

Solicitor given time to explain €101,000 fees
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/solicitor-given-time-to-explain-101000-fees-37074502.html
Yes,I pay back when I am caught,otherwise face court & jail?

Ardillaun

Definitely time for a retrospective celebration of this artist’s oeuvre. Surely, his other works merit public acclaim just as much?

Schuhart

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

hammer

"Mr O’Callaghan says he now accepts the fees were excessive but also says he conducted himself honestly at all times"

From the IT article #1

Schuhart

flavirostris

Pizza Man

The story at the bottom of the page about Paschal not having the cojones to pay Catherine Noone the allowance for chairing the Oireachtas Foetus Killing sub-committee is interesting too.

Well done, once again to the Irish Mail on Sunday.

flavirostris

The story at the bottom of the page about Paschal not having the cojones to pay Catherine Noone the allowance for chairing the Oireachtas Foetus Killing sub-committee is interesting too.

Well done, once again to the Irish Mail on Sunday.
I spotted that as well. It said Donohoe feared a public backlash. Noone is a self-aggrandising muppet IMO.

McTell

Twitter
No
The Irish Times reported of a court case that Ballaghaderreen solicitor Declan O’Callaghan who took €101,000 in fees from €396,000 widow’s estate. Conveniently they failed to mention that his Office Manager & wife Mary Devine O’Callaghan is the Honorary Treasurer of Fianna Fail. //

396,000 in fees on an estate of 101,000, now that would be news.

With bad planning, and lousy paperwork, fees can easily go over 100k. If you don't want to pay for the paperwork you can do it yourself - plenty of people do.

Ramon Mercadar

The solicitor or his wife should now be well placed for an FF nomination in the GE.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Wonder how long it will take for the 'themmuns in the big Dublin city are just trying to do us plain people of Roscommon down' line....

Look like a pair of typical parasites to me.

Ardillaun

I paid a lot less than 1% of an estate’s value on legal fees here in Canada. Admittedly, it was a straightforward case. The only wrinkle was that I had to apply for letters of administration from the the local court because the person was technically intestate and they took less than a week to come back from a judge who hates delays. The banks were much harder to deal with than the lawyers.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies