• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

It is all the fault of Fianna Fail! We are not capable of righting wrongs. Our mandate is waffling

greengoose2

Enda reveals all!

These idiots were elected on the basis of their promises that they would sort out the mess and reform Irish politics. They failed and this latest nonsense from the Flowerpot Man is more than tiresome.

This one is particularly laughable in the light of the constant job losses:

He added that they had “stabilised the situation” and have created under a 1000 private sector jobs every month for the past fifteen months.

politico24

Enda reveals all!

These idiots were elected on the basis of their promises that they would sort out the mess and reform Irish politics. They failed and this latest nonsense from the Flowerpot Man is more than tiresome.

Can't disagree with a word of that. Fianna Fáil in opposition are getting away with murder. After starting responsible they are now back to the populism that bankrupted Ireland in the late 1970s early 80s and which turned Albert Reynolds' and John Bruton's sustainable economy into an over-inflated property bubble.

Never, ever forget why we are where we are. It's because Bertie Ahern used huge pay increases to public sector worlers to buy their vote and because they diverted tax breaks (yes, public resources!) to keep the property fire lit! This they did while they undermined the tax base!

Ireland's crash has been so more difficult because of FF populism. Kenny and the media have let Martin's FF off the hook in recent months. No harm for Kenny to get his speak in before Martin's revisionist speech tomorrow night. People attack FG's performance in opposition before the crash! Yet look at FF's post crash.

B

Boggle

Can't disagree with a word of that. Fianna Fáil in opposition are getting away with murder. After starting responsible they are now back to the populism that bankrupted Ireland in the late 1970s early 80s and which turned Albert Reynolds' and John Bruton's sustainable economy into an over-inflated property bubble.

Never, ever forget why we are where we are. It's because Bertie Ahern used huge pay increases to public sector worlers to buy their vote and because they diverted tax breaks (yes, public resources!) to keep the property fire lit! This they did while they undermined the tax base!

Ireland's crash has been so more difficult because of FF populism. Kenny and the media have let Martin's FF off the hook in recent months. No harm for Kenny to get his speak in before Martin's revisionist speech tomorrow night. People attack FG's performance in opposition before the crash! Yet look at FF's post crash.
Ah Bertie "I gave him the job because he was me mate" Ahearne.

How much of the public sector that he created exists simply to give jobs to the heirs of the well connected? I'd say the percentage that does useful, meaningful work is a tiny fraction of the whole.

expatriate

How much time has to pass by before this Government will take responsibility for what they do? I'm very aware the last government made a balls of things, but the current government came in with a mandate to fix things. How long do they want before they can be held accountable?

brughahaha

Actually I think most people are attacking FGs performance IN government ...you know stuff like silence on €800,000 packages in bailed out banks, loads of money for friends and crony appointments, hospitals based on parish politics and electoral concerns rather than medical need , whilst screaming about cuts "necessary" for the disabled unemployed and low paid workers :roll:

M

MrFunkyZombaloo

Kenny isn't wrong in that article. "We are where we are" because of FF and the people who put them there - repeatedly. Having said that I take issue with this:

Mr Kenny said Fianna Fail left a generation saddled with massive personal debt.
No, Mr. Kenny. You cannot negate your own part (and that of your party and Labour) in saddling the people of this state with tens and tens of billions of debt they had nothing to do with. You are as much to blame as any in FF, only your jiggery-pokery may cost us much, much more in the long term.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Enda reveals all!

Isn't it a bit rich to have a Fianna Failer opening this thread?

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.

Jeez....are you for real? you must be making that up or had a liquid lunch. I do not remember Fine Fail doing anything like that. Plus the fact they are up in the polls shows people love them under M.Martin. All these lies about Fine Fail is just...just...nonsense. I for one have no memory of FF shenanigans.

Aindriu

He said the Government had “stabilised the situation”, creating 1,000 private sector jobs every month for the past 15 months.
They have not created ONE single private sector job! Private sector businesses may have done so!

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.

Devil Eire

Enda Kenny had what was probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at the last election to radically reform politics. He utterly failed to do so.

Because it suits just as many rotten FGers as it does rotten FFers for the status quo to remain as it is?

You had a mandate for reform, Enda. Where is the reform? Where is it?

Dan_Murphy

How much time has to pass by before this Government will take responsibility for what they do? I'm very aware the last government made a balls of things, but the current government came in with a mandate to fix things. How long do they want before they can be held accountable?
How long do you think it should take to fix the damage?

I don't expect it to take less than 10 years tbh.

M

MrFunkyZombaloo

Firstly, FF are scum in my book. I would willingly infect myself with e-bola before I ever voted for any of them - let alone one of their faux 'independents'.

Secondly, all of the stuff you rightly criticise were either trumpeted or copied by FG.

hammer

Ireland on the way back from falling over the cliff.

For that Enda well done.

Have you got everything right? Absolutely not.

Could you imagine if DELUDED c**** were still there with BIFFO :(

brughahaha

Enda Kenny had what was probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at the last election to radically reform politics. He utterly failed to do so.

Because it suits just as many rotten FGers as it does rotten FFers for the status quo to remain as it is?

You had a mandate for reform, Enda. Where is the reform? Where is it?
You expected a man that epitomises parish pump politics .... the longest serving TD in the house - a man elected because he was his fathers son , who has taught for 4 years yet is entitled to 100,000 and a full pension , who has sat in the dail for decades and enjoyed the gravy train without ever a murmur about the need for reform ....a man who's only remarkable achievement is his absolute blandness ...Him ....you expected Kenny to reform the Dail

Not a chance

M

MrFunkyZombaloo

They have not created ONE single private sector job! Private sector businesses may have done so!
You out-and-out liar!

Everyone knows Enda Kenny's skill at job creation. Sure look at all those connected people in cushy state-jobs?

;)

carruthers

Kenny isn't wrong in that article. "We are where we are" because of FF and the people who put them there - repeatedly. Having said that I take issue with this:

No, Mr. Kenny. You cannot negate your own part (and that of your party and Labour) in saddling the people of this state with tens and tens of billions of debt they had nothing to do with. You are as much to blame as any in FF, only your jiggery-pokery may cost us much, much more in the long term.
Absolute drivel.

carruthers

I would guess the next election.

hammer

Ireland is on the way back.................

Tax band to be increased in Budget 2014 to assist all those in employment.

Marcos the black

You expected a man that epitomises parish pump politics .... the longest serving TD in the house - a man elected because he was his fathers son , who has taught for 4 years yet is entitled to 100,000 and a full pension , who has sat in the dail for decades and enjoyed the gravy train without ever a murmur about the need for reform ....a man who's only remarkable achievement is his absolute blandness ...Him ....you expected Kenny to reform the Dail

Not a chance
Says the guy who defends FF to the death..