It looks like Hillary won the popular vote. Gore Mark II

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
It seems Hillary Clinton had more people vote for her than voted for Trump.

The Guardian: Hillary Clinton poised to win popular vote despite losing presidential race

If this turns out to be true, she'll be the second candidate in recent history, after Al Gore, to have got this result.

Trumpites hold yer horses -- I'm not saying by any means that Hillary virtually won in any way.

However, I do think it worth arguing about whether a package of legislation is needed to change the system by which the president is elected (along with, say, something to allow weekend voting to maximise participation, etc.).

the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November is, however, the product of simple legislation, while the electoral college system is, I assume, part of the constitution.

What do posters think?

This one's in German: Die Zeit: Clinton holt Mehrheit der Stimmen

CNN: Hillary Clinton lost the election but is winning the popular vote

Billboard - How Hillary Clinton Won the Popular Vote But Lost the Election

Last edited:

Trainwreck

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/hillary-clinton-popular-vote-electoral-college-donald-trump

If this turns out to be true, she'll be the second candidate in recent history, after Al Gore, to have got this result.

Trumpites hold yer horses -- I'm not saying by any means that Hillary virtually won in any way.

However, I do think it worth arguing about whether a package of legislation is needed to change the system by which the president is elected (along with, say, somehting to allow weekend voting to maximise participation, etc.).

What do posters think?

This one's in German: "Popular Vote": Clinton holt Mehrheit der Stimmen | ZEIT ONLINE

Hillary Clinton lost the election but is winning the popular vote - CNNPolitics.com

How Hillary Clinton Won the Popular Vote But Lost the Election | Billboard | Billboard
And the fifth in total. One in nine basically.

I expect this will form the basis for the justification of the "revolution" that violent rioting Libtards are currently demanding.

former wesleyan

Dem vote collapsed.

Rise Of Trump | Broadsheet.ie

Turns out it’s not a Trump insurgency, but a Clinton collapse. A graph that cuts straight through [yesterday’s] punditry …

Courtesy Broadsheet obviously.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Dem vote collapsed.

Rise Of Trump | Broadsheet.ie

Turns out it’s not a Trump insurgency, but a Clinton collapse. A graph that cuts straight through [yesterday’s] punditry …

Courtesy Broadsheet obviously.
What was all that blibber then about a huge turnout of loads of people who had never voted before?

Facts are very useful things!

GDPR

Hillary and Trump both got less than Obama did - twice.

If either had run against him, he would have whupped their ass.

As for the US EC system, there are lots of ways you can look at it, but put very simply the country is the United States of America (not just America). Thats why States decide on the popular vote within each State and not on a brute head count of the entire electorate.

Wagmore

Gore Mark 2-Let's hope so-not sure growing a beard would suit her but the disappearance back into obscurity sounds good to me

petaljam

I think they'll calm down. After a while. But this recent behaviour will go before them.
Agreed. It's unsavoury and pointless. But it's hard not to forget which candidate announced in advance that he might not accept a result that went against him - that's a validation of this sort of behaviour, from whichever side.

silverharp

its idiotic if people make a big deal about this, the parties gear their tactics to the electoral college system. if the popular vote mattered they would run different campaigns.

D

Deleted member 48908

Changing the Electoral College won't happen. It'd be political suicide for many of the smaller States. It was put in place to prevent mob rule and while it isn't perfect, it works.

GDPR

Changing the Electoral College won't happen. It'd be political suicide for many of the smaller States. It was put in place to prevent mob rule and while it isn't perfect, it works.

Indeed. Who would bother about the little uns, if they didnt think But, I do need those 4 or 18 votes ...

California would be the King-maker.

Sister Mercedes

Enda Kenny got only 25% of the vote yet he's leading the government. Sort out electoral inequity on your own doorstep first.

silverharp

they could get rid of the process of actually having College which had to do with 19th century communications. Technically they can change their mind and instances have happened in the past. Its no different to Ireland wanting more influence in the EU than our population would merit

Ardillaun

It's the same old FPTP problem. I would prefer the French way, a two person run-off decided by popular vote. Change on that scale is highly unlikely.

Trainwreck

But this recent behaviour will go before them.
No it won't. It is, as expected, underreported in the media.

Before the election there was wall to wall coverage of the hypothetical "danger" posed by Trump supporters.

After the election there more sympathy for, than concern over, violent rioting Hillary mobs.

I suppose you could say the media were right about one thing. Crazy violent fascist mobs would go apeshít over the result. The only problem is the media don't know what a fascist looks like. (hint, it looks like a regressive libtard lefty)

Wagmore

its idiotic if people make a big deal about this, the parties gear their tactics to the electoral college system. if the popular vote mattered they would run different campaigns.
Yeah but idiots will always act idiotic-

Dub01

Enda Kenny got only 25% of the vote yet he's leading the government. Sort out electoral inequity on your own doorstep first.
Have FG ever got more than 50% of the popular vote?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies