• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Italian banks? Full of criminals and loan sharks

irish-italian

http://news.liberoreporter.eu/index.php/2013/02/banche/exclusive-what-a-scandal-in-italy-unicredit-subtracts-vast-amounts-of-money-from-current-account-and-practices-occult-recalculations-here-is-the-proof.html

It looks like a surreal story but instead this is what happened to a customer of Unicredit bank in San Martino Buonalbergo, in the province of Verona. The customer, who has struggled for more than 7 years with every legal action possible, but by only pure chance, a few months ago, by requesting the documentation of his case from his attorney, came into possession of documents proving all the sins of Unicredit , possible test instruments, concealed important admissions about large sums withheld.

The Bank knew that they had wrongfully retained money but this document does not reach the customer, perhaps in the hope of finding a loophole through their talented lawyers.
Italian banks are becoming more and more brave in their corruption. The number of civil and penal cases brought about for usury and corruption has increased 30fold in the past few years. Every day I have about 100 people, families, SMEs and self employed people asking for help on assessing their accounts to see if there is usuary and in 95% of the cases there is. IS this an epedemic to hit only Italy or is it a EU trend? If it were for me I'd close all the Italian banks and send each and every single person who works in them to jail.

Last edited by a moderator:

irish-italian

Probably universal practices in all banks.
But I doubt all governments enable them and then the courts protect them. There is a saying here in Italy. "Corrupt bankers go to jail in other countries, in Italy they get a first class ticket into government"

gerhard dengler

leftsoc

But I doubt all governments enable them and then the courts protect them. There is a saying here in Italy. "Corrupt bankers go to jail in other countries, in Italy they get a first class ticket into government"
Corrupt bankers don't go to jail in Ireland, we know that.

irish-italian

I see. None of that going on in Irish banks, thankfully.
Well you wouldn't really know or not until you get someone to do an appraisal on the account itself. They aren't going to print it on your bank statement.

I did an appaisal for a SME here a few weeks ago with the Monte Paschi Di Siena bank, he's had an account there for 15 years and while the first statement was normal and legal, there was a growing interest rate each year and in the last quarter (bank statement from 31 December 2012) there was 79% interest where it should have been 3.6%

ShoutingIsLeadership

Well you wouldn't really know or not until you get someone to do an appraisal on the account itself. They aren't going to print it on your bank statement.

I did an appaisal for a SME here a few weeks ago with the Monte Paschi Di Siena bank, he's had an account there for 15 years and while the first statement was normal and legal, there was a growing interest rate each year and in the last quarter (bank statement from 31 December 2012) there was 79% interest where it should have been 3.6%
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Your points are very valid.

irish-italian

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Your points are very valid.
Must be the language barrier :p. I advise everyone I meet to get their bank accounts appraised because it is completely illegal and they should be stopped. A dear friend of mine has taken his case to europe because the Italian courts REFUSED to all the illegal interest rates as proof that the bank was corrupt.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Must be the language barrier :p. I advise everyone I meet to get their bank accounts appraised because it is completely illegal and they should be stopped. A dear friend of mine has taken his case to europe because the Italian courts REFUSED to all the illegal interest rates as proof that the bank was corrupt.
Out of curiosity, are you Italian born and living in Ireland? If so, are you not Italian-Irish, rather than Irish-Italian?

Howya

The artcile refers to Lira (in 2005) - did Italy not join the Euro by then:confused:

LamportsEdge

I see. None of that going on in Irish banks, thankfully.
Unless you count the conversion of organised crime's funds from the old eastern bloc through Albania and Croatia, into nominee accounts in Austria and other countries with constitutional confidentiality and from there being churned into financial instruments via the IFSC.

And who do you think some of the unsecured creditors and bondholders of Irish banks are behind these nominee companies? I know Brian Lenihan said it was little old ladies with their pension book but he was a notorious liar.

'Eastern European Private Wealth Funds'.

Dublin 4

Hobbsy was givin out about Unicred a couple of years back.

@RealEddieHobbs Too much debt many OECD. US downgrade inevitable. Mega banks in Eur to fail yet, watch Unicredit. Defaults and money printing next 2y
6th August 2011

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies