Italy Convicts 23 In CIA Kidnapping

imokyrok

Reactions: He3

He3

The FBI will swoop, handcuff them and bundle them on the next flight to Rome now - that's the way it goes isn't it?

advertismo

First the 'Man-With-a-Tan' jibes, then this.
They'll be calling for regime change soon...

imokyrok

The FBI will swoop, handcuff them and bundle them on the next flight to Rome now - that's the way it goes isn't it?
Check out the comments under that link. International laws don't apply to US citizens doncha know. And that's meant to be a leftie site!

Tommy Tayto

Well it's a positive development. At least some government, somewhere, had the balls to stand up to the Yank and their gestapo tactics.

Foghorn

"I love your Christ. I do not love your Christians. They are so unlike their Christ"- Ghandi
I love Gandhi. Another favorite one of mine is his saying -

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist."

imokyrok

Well it's a positive development. At least some government, somewhere, had the balls to stand up to the Yank and their gestapo tactics.
Didn't Spain find some CIA guilty of the same sort of crime or did I imagine that? I'm sure I remember something about it. No fear we'd ever take a stand anyway.

He3

Check out the comments under that link. International laws don't apply to US citizens doncha know. And that's meant to be a leftie site!
The conviction was for crimes committed under Italian law not international law.

Where does the EU US extradition regime come in here?

imokyrok

The conviction was for crimes committed under Italian law not international law.

Where does the EU US extradition regime come in here?
I don't know. The appeals process will take years in any case. The chances of them facing sentencing are a million to one.

What ever happened to that Irish man the US wanted to extradite for supplying materials that they claimed ended up being used in weapons manufacturing in some country or another on their hit list - does anyone know?

He3

The EU should impose diplomatic and economic sanctions on the US until these terrorists are handed over.

They won't, though.

So the EU wanting all these powers in areas like Justice and Extradition and Foreign Policy so it could stand up to the US and be a big player on the world stage was - eh what ?

He3

seabhcan said:
The EU should impose diplomatic and economic sanctions on the US until these terrorists are handed over.

They won't, though.

How do you figure that seabhcan?

imokyrok

EXCLUSIVE: Convicted CIA Spy Says "We Broke the Law" - ABC News

EXCLUSIVE: Convicted CIA Spy Says "We Broke the Law"
By MATTHEW COLE, AVNI PATEL, and BRIAN ROSS
Updated 20 min ago

Sabrina DeSousa says U.S. "Betrayed" her and others found guilty in kidnapping.

One of the 23 Americans convicted today by an Italian court says the United States "broke the law" in the CIA kidnapping of a Muslim cleric Abu Omar in Milan in 2003.

"And we are paying for the mistakes right now, whoever authorized and approved this," said former CIA officer Sabrina DeSousa in an interview to be broadcast tonight on ABC's World News with Charles Gibson.

DeSousa says the U.S. "abandoned and betrayed" her and the others who were put on trial for the kidnapping. She was sentenced in absentia to five years in prison.

Italian prosecutors said DeSousa was a CIA officer who helped organized the kidnapping using her diplomat cover at the U.S. Consulate in Milan. Several former U.S. intelligence officials confirm to ABC News DeSousa's role in the operation.............
http://abcnews.go.com/m/screen?id=8995107

He3

What has Iveagh House said?

BlackWatch

This is an act of war by Italy,and needs to meet with a Force Recon strike soon.

He3

This is an act of war by Italy,and needs to meet with a Force Recon strike soon.

One song never played in Langley -

I fought the law and the law won.

BlackWatch

They won't, though.
Real Business men don't have to follow sanctions.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies