Italy: Rome & Florence struck by earthquakes.

The Field Marshal

Four earthquakes have struck Italy, shaking buildings in Rome and Florence just months after almost 300 people were killed in one of the worst disasters in living memory.

A seismic noose is building up about 60 miles north of Rome where 4 earthquakes greater than magnitude 5 have occurred over the past 5 hourss

Metros and schools shut in Rome.

Italy earthquake: Rome metro and schools evacuated as four earthquakes strike | The Independent
Earthquakes - Earthquake today - Latest Earthquakes in the World - EMSC

gerhard dengler

There were media reports of volcanic activity detected a few weeks back close to Naples as well.

The Field Marshal

Dame_Enda

Thankfully no fatalities. Hope the Colosseum and Pantheon are okay. Earthquakes knocked down part of the former in past

The Field Marshal

stopdoingstuff

I have a holiday booked there in a few months. I will not be happy if my trip is ruined. Of all the possible outcomes of a massive earthquake striking Rome, the worst possible scenario would be one where I have to go somewhere else on my holiday instead.

former wesleyan

I see from the link that Rome has a Machiavelli school.

The Field Marshal

I have a holiday booked there in a few months. I will not be happy if my trip is ruined. Of all the possible outcomes of a massive earthquake striking Rome, the worst possible scenario would be one where I have to go somewhere else on my holiday instead.
No it is not.
You could book a BnB in Darndale Dublin and have a far better time.
There is still availability afaik.

SeanieFitz

"I'm not selfish, I just forget to think about other people"

between the bridges

Feildy moi did warn ye about praying for the false popes removal...

Felixness

We were there last year and really enjoyed it. The only downside was that half of Africa seems to be there on the streets trying to sell you selfie sticks. It pissed my husband off so much he refused to throw a coin in the Trevi fountain because he never wants to go back. petunia We've booked a holiday in Florence in a couple of months so hopefully there won't be any more acts of God, I can't think of anywhere else I want to go on holiday, ah well, first world problems.

stopdoingstuff

We were there last year and really enjoyed it. The only downside was that half of Africa seems to be there on the streets trying to sell you selfie sticks. It pissed my husband off so much he refused to throw a coin in the Trevi fountain because he never wants to go back. petunia We've booked a holiday in Florence in a couple of months so hopefully there won't be any more acts of God, I can't think of anywhere else I want to go on holiday, ah well, first world problems.
Half of Africa can keep their selfie sticks. Stopdoingstuff does not selfie.

Jack O Neill

Jack O Neill

New Threads

Most Replies