It's all your own fault, so suck it down.

ocoonassa

WTF is with this narrative? It's poison.

Less than one in three of us voted for FF. More than that number of us abstained from the farce altogether. Of the others, all they did wrong was put their their trust in a political class at the behest of the consolidated media, so they picked their representatives as advised.

And it turned out, and these are really the only options I feel, that these reps EITHER knew next to absolutely nothing about economics and so failed through incompetence to comprehend the obvious dangers and raise the alarm OR they are crooked and corrupt, and in the pocket of the financial and corporate sector which engineered this whole catastrophe, and just so happens to fund their political factions, and just so happen to be the ones to benefit from the massive transfer of wealth from poor to rich which is being proposed.

As it stands though people spouting this narrative are gladly blaming the plain people of Ireland, who are actually mostly paying their debts on their mortgages, it is blaming them for the fraudulent FF regulated financial sector blowing its wad on the junk derivatives of other fraudsters, and handing out ridiculous loans to dodgy developers and builders. Blaming them for electing liars and falling as dupes to a media that fed them the lies of those liars as truth.

It's a disgusting slander now being propagated by that consolidated media, pure ugly lies handed down by the very same people who are screwing us over. And the sad and tragic thing is that people are falling for it. Why?

London Irish

WTF is with this narrative? It's poison.

Less than one in three of us voted for FF. More than that number of us abstained from the farce altogether.
You should have gone into the voting booth, and spoilt your vote - written "NONE OF THE ABOVE". Enough of that, and people would have sat up and taken notice. But if you don't care enough to vote, the parties aren't going to care about you.

Of the others, all they did wrong was put their their trust in a political class at the behest of the consolidated media, so they picked their representatives as advised.
Thats so sad. Especially as there was lots of warnings published in the the very same media over the years. And, shure, you can't believe everything you read in the papers, right?
Truth is, people stopping thinking during the boom times.

And it turned out, and these are really the only options I feel, that these reps EITHER knew next to absolutely nothing about economics and so failed through incompetence to comprehend the obvious dangers and raise the alarm OR they are crooked and corrupt, and in the pocket of the financial and corporate sector which engineered this whole catastrophe, and just so happens to fund their political factions, and just so happen to be the ones to benefit from the massive transfer of wealth from poor to rich which is being proposed.
************************ sake, we knew all this during the boom years, right? CJH and his shirts, Ahern the fixer, the tribunals, right down to the low level corruption at local level, nod-nod-wink-wink attitude to planning, jumping hospital queues....it was right there in front of us!
The massive transfer of wealth has been going on for years - with 25-35 year olds having borrowed from their own future and unthinkingly signed legal contracts called mortgages.

As it stands though people spouting this narrative are gladly blaming the plain people of Ireland, who are actually mostly paying their debts on their mortgages, it is blaming them for the fraudulent FF regulated financial sector blowing its wad on the junk derivatives of other fraudsters, and handing out ridiculous loans to dodgy developers and builders. Blaming them for electing liars and falling as dupes to a media that fed them the lies of those liars as truth.

It's a disgusting slander now being propagated by that consolidated media, pure ugly lies handed down by the very same people who are screwing us over. And the sad and tragic thing is that people are falling for it. Why?
Cos its true. We have elected some shocking liars, knowingly, just because "he/she has been good for this area". Exhibit A: Lowry.

You get the government you deserve. The rebuilding of the country has to start at the bottom - first step, reform the education system to teach us how to think critically, and to become responsible citizens, rather than lazily handing that responsibility away.

And finally, the bankers are still getting castigated, BOI and AIB are screwed, the IMF are going to force cuts everywhere, and FF are going to be destroyed. So they're hardly getting way with it, are they?

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
More auto-flagellation, wailing and histrionics. Snap out of it.

Chuck de Mawl

And finally, the bankers are still getting castigated, BOI and AIB are screwed, the IMF are going to force cuts everywhere, and FF are going to be destroyed. So they're hardly getting way with it, are they?
If being out to pasture with a big pension is punishment, then I hope someone punishes me so generously soon.

These con artists have lied, fudged and manipulated so much with the property sector while related media wh0res colluded for their own interest.

The frenzy from the hype panicked many people into buying. Nobody put a gun to their heads, instead they did what they do best, the pit us against each other, because most of us cease to think critically when the herd gets going.

London Irish

If being out to pasture with a big pension is punishment, then I hope someone punishes me so generously soon.
Ok, go out and change it then. My point is, we need to give ourselves a kick up the arse and get on and demand change. The fat pensions were set in stone a long time ago, because people didn't care enough to question it. We can, at the very least, ensure that that kind of crap doesn't happen again. If we can't take those pensions away, at least we can make sure they are the last to get such gold-plated packages.

These con artists have lied, fudged and manipulated so much with the property sector while related media wh0res colluded for their own interest.
We know all this. More importantly, we knew all this.

The frenzy from the hype panicked many people into buying. Nobody put a gun to their heads, instead they did what they do best, the pit us against each other, because most of us cease to think critically when the herd gets going.
Yep. Now, are we, the people of Ireland going to sit down and learn from this - and what are we going to teach our children about it?

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

I am not sure I get you. It seems a little contradictory. Anyway, you are implying that the public cannot or should be held responsible for their own actions. I couldn't disagree more.

A lot of Irish people got greedy. A lot of Irish people were panicked into purchasing when they shouldn't have. Anglo, the developers the whole lot of them were only symptoms of the underlying problem. Fear and Greed. As you said, no one put a gun to their heads. There was no vast conspiracy. Just a bunch of muttonhead developers and sleeveens doing what they always do best. Exploiting people.

It is not the job of the government to "think critically when the herd gets going". That's your job. I hope to Christ I never have to live somewhere that regards "critical thinking" as being another service to be rendered unto the populace.

London Irish

More auto-flagellation, wailing and histrionics. Snap out of it.
Snap out of it, who? Or - you've done some thinking along the same lines, and already come to some conclusions?

We need sit down, all of us, and figure out what we did to allow all this to happen. Then fix it.

I suggest the education system and how our children are taught, is a good place to start.

Crusher000

Will the sea of change be that great ? I didn't vote Fianna Fail ever but because I live in a democracy have to bite my lip and SUFFER a government elected by others . My only fear is that Labour don't have enough candidates on the ground to make an impact and will Fianna Gael get it right or blow it again by looking to change their leader . Every time the ball is in their court they seem to fluff things up . If I look at all parties what we really have is the rich v the working class . I can't see any politican that represents me and my up bringing . Class is what it's all about and until we shift the fat cats out of all politics I'm afraid that's the way it's going to be . The Government should go and should be well gone by now but it will be interesting to see after the elections if we've got anything that much different from what we have now . I feel sad for our Nation and how it's being destroyed .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies