It's the Banks Stupid!

Raketemensch

Watching Primetime now and nobody gets it, it is all about the banks. If the Irish banks came under foreign control, the out and out criminality of the last decade would be revealed and the landlord banker rulers of Ireland would lose their power and money.

Talking about education, fairness and health cuts etc. is pointless, they would hang you and your Granny from a tree to hold on to what they have. They will borrow all the money in the world to keep the Irish zonbie banks going and let you and your kids, grandkids etc. forever pay it back forever, they do not give a sh1t about you or me. Let's at least be realistic about what's happening!

TODevastated

Watching Primetime now and nobody gets it, it is all about the banks. If the Irish banks came under foreign control, the out and out criminality of the last decade would be revealed and the landlord banker rulers of Ireland would lose their power and money.

Talking about education, fairness and health cuts etc. is pointless, they would hang you and your Granny from a tree to hold on to what they have. They will borrow all the money in the world to keep the Irish zonbie banks going and let you and your kids, grandkids etc. forever pay it back forever, they do not give a sh1t about you or me. Let's at least be realistic about what's happening!
If the Irish banks came under foreign control, the out and out criminality of the last decade would be revealed by who? and why?

an innocent abroad

We the people can cause the default. Take all your money out of the banks! The bondholders took the risk. We pay the price! Cause the default. Save ireland.

McDave

If the Irish banks came under foreign control, the out and out criminality of the last decade would be revealed by who? and why?
For starters, there won't be an umbilical cord between Irish bankers and useless FF property "industry" hangers-on. Maybe foreign owned banks will look to doing business with those who want to go into actual business. That'll leave a lot of cosseted politically-connected nobodies high and dry. That's a start!

Raketemensch

We the people can cause the default. Take all your money out of the banks! The bondholders took the risk. We pay the price! Cause the default. Save ireland.
Good idea but I actually reckon there is f-all left in the banks anyway and they are propped up with high interest loans from EU/IMF. Most of my friends took their savings out of Lenihan banks a while bank and I only use them for my wages/day to day.

Raketemensch

It's called due diligence. It is what happens everywhere outside of the golden circle of Irish Banks/Government and it is when people actually examine what they are buying because it's not just taxpayers money:)

TODevastated

It's called due diligence. It is what happens everywhere outside of the golden circle of Irish Banks/Government and it is when people actually examine what they are buying because it's not just taxpayers money:)
however due diligence it normally carried out by a firm of auditors whose job it is to examine the books on behalf of a potential purchaser to ascertain if the figures in the books stack up

they owe their due to care to the purchaser not the vendor and hence they would not report malpractice to the vendor, would they??

Raketemensch

however due diligence it normally carried out by a firm of auditors whose job it is to examine the books on behalf of a potential purchaser to ascertain if the figures in the books stack up

they owe their due to care to the purchaser not the vendor and hence they would not report malpractice to the vendor, would they??
I simply can't imagine anybody being allowed look inside Pandora's box. Sir Lendhand will never allow it.

TODevastated

I simply can't imagine anybody being allowed look inside Pandora's box. Sir Lendhand will never allow it.
agreed, in my view that is the reason why it still exists, there may be too many of the body politic owing money to either Anglo/Fingers outfit

tellis1

I dont live in Ireland anymore, but saw the recent case where the AIB staff won a court action to get either their 2007 or 2008 bonuses paid. It was 10 million for 90 AIB workers working out at 111,000 of a bonus for one year. The claimant who took the action , his claim was in the region of 161,000 Euro. Nice bonus if you can get it. Is there anyone on here who knows what happens with salaries and bonuses now that the state is supposed to have a say. Or are bonuses and excellent salaries still being paid...albeit for less work.

Raketemensch

agreed, in my view that is the reason why it still exists, there may be too many of the body politic owing money to either Anglo/Fingers outfit
Exactly. Remind everybody of why we are where we are, every opportunity you get. The poor and middle classes are going to have to pay the gambling bills of Lenihan, Forty Gaffs Fahey and the rest of the traitor robbing Anglo scum gang for how many decades? Why?

New Threads

Most Replies