• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Its the Law , and it isn't properly enforced ?

Spirit Of Newgrange

Lets name and shame all the failings of enforcement. Laws that exist in name only.
For openers :
- Anti-begging legislation is openly flouted at a parking coin machine near you ( or even near your Garda Station )
- Jaywalking legislation
- Fireworks
- Downloading of Audio/Video, filesharing
so,
any more laws which are openly ignored ?
Loophole means jaywalkers escape prosecution - National News - Independent.ie

Iarmhi Gael

parking in the country - "feck it I'll throw the car up here and run in for 2 mins"

I would love to be in charge of parking in Ireland - People with disabled badges should be monitored better - In the north if you even heard a bomb go off - you could have got a blue badge. Outside my work continually I see young people pull up on double yellow, go in shopping and throw the disabled badge up.

In my home home of Kinnegad there is a supervalue - with about 100 car parking spaces - But instead of using them they all decide to just pull up at front door, double and sometimes treble park - feck could they be bothered parking in the allocated parking slot and walking the 30secs into the entrance

Last edited:

toconn

I have the feeling most laws in Ireland are flouted and ignored .

councilkid

Corruption laws, Fraud laws, Standards in Office laws, Perjury laws.

But then they're not as bad, because the people who do them work in big offices.....
Now those are the laws I'd like to see properly enforced. Who cares about jaywalking? Well, ok people should take care on the roads but common sense should be sufficient to stop people walking out in from of vehicles, shouldn't it?

DuineEile

Electoral law is regularly flouted by the Govt. so there us not much example being shown.

D

tokkie

Lets name and shame all the failings of enforcement. Laws that exist in name only.
For openers :
- Anti-begging legislation is openly flouted at a parking coin machine near you ( or even near your Garda Station )
- Jaywalking legislation
- Fireworks
- Downloading of Audio/Video, filesharing
so,
any more laws which are openly ignored ?
Loophole means jaywalkers escape prosecution - National News - Independent.ie
Adherence to the law is a two way street. Some cultures don't do adherence to regulation.

True Republican

ireland is a societyb which has very little sense of civic responsibility, breaking the law is part of our culture. Sad but true.

Riadach

Corruption laws, Fraud laws, Standards in Office laws, Perjury laws.

But then they're not as bad, because the people who do them work in big offices.....
Of course, you couldn't be bothering decent, respectable people.

they are, and what makes it worse they are also flouted and ignored by the gardai themselves. there should be a unit set up by the garda ombudsman to inspect garda performance on a regular basis.
The same Garda Ombudsman who is still, four years later, 'looking into' the drugs collusion case in Louth? A case they initially refused to investigate...

http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice/34150-opposition-demand-answers-garda-drugs-collusion-case.html

The relevant Gardái will be long-retired by the time their performance is inspected, going on the current work-rate...

Slievenaglogh

Planning still fishy - there are 4 unauthorised developments within a mile of here. Out of curiosity I enquired of the Co Council about the most obvious one. Was forwarded copy of enforcement order for it to be removed; 18 months later it's still there and has even been added to.

fianna saor

The same Garda Ombudsman who is still, four years later, 'looking into' the drugs collusion case in Louth? A case they initially refused to investigate...

The relevant Gardái will be long-retired by the time their performance is inspected, going on the current work-rate...
maybe/maybe not my point was that more resources should be put into a garda ombudsman to get this unit off the ground, policing the police so to speak.

Spirit Of Newgrange

any other laws that are routinely ignored by all ?

PlanetBertie

Farmers having cow/sheep ************************e flowing out the back of trailers onto road.
Farmers not pulling in to let long line of cars to pass.
Michael Lowery not understanding land prices in England.
Pub closing hours.

tigerben

Dog waste, never see anyone been giving a on the spot fine or know anyone who has got a fine, same for thrown fag butts out the window or while walking, never see a person getting a fine.
L plate drivers, the roads in the morning during school have, plenty of L plate school drivers with a car load of other school goers, never seen the gardai stopping the cars asking to see a full licence.

Feelinglost

How many laws are there? I have a feeling that if a person was to be tracked for a day each and everyone of us would break at least one of them.