It's time to decide who we work for.

spotty

The Irish Government has invited the IMF to take up residence in the Department of Finance.

The European Union stands "ready to help".

The Government is confident that we can see the crisis through.

But for who?

We have been given a target of deficit reduction that is intended to get our deficit to 3% by 2014. In the process, and as an acknowleged side-effect, the Government expects growth to be negatively impact (in other words, their policy is fewer jobs, not more) and 100,000 people to leave.

100,000 people leaving will help them get to 10% unemployment and reduce social welfare expenditure though, so it's an important element in the plan.

The reason the Irish Government is killing jobs and forcing people to leave is because failure to reduce the deficit would imperil the Euro.

Imperiling the Euro is the greatest crime our Government could commit. Because it would damage other EU economies.

As such, our economic policy, here in Ireland, is to protect the prosperity of Germany and France.

This is a position agreed and accepted by all three major parties. It is the reason that you do not see Fine Gael or Labour highlighting the fact that we will have less jobs, or that the Government is banking on emigration as a strategy.

ARE WE F.UCKING MAD?????

We, as a people, are working to aid another country, not ourselves. Our children will work to ensure the stability of other countries, not ours.

This is the greatest act of treason in the history of the state. And it's going unspoken, and unpunished. We are sitting here, folks, taking it up the f.ucking arse, and none of us really care.

I usually write in the third person, but tonight, I want to say to you all, that I f.ucking care. Our country is being shat upon by a political establishment, and a business, civil service, and media elite that knows that so long as the Germans are happy, they'll be ok. But the working people of Ireland? They can go to hell.

We have come to a point of reckoning, folks. We are sacrificing the next 30 years of our existence on the altar of stability for a currency that was NEVER CONCEIVED as an economic unit. It is and was a political creation, and because politics triumphs over common sense, we are to be made pay for someone else's vision.

I won't do it. I won't let my kids do it. I won't let my family do it.

If this is allowed to happen, I'm leaving. Because if the Irish people are not ready to stand and fight, then I don't want to live amongst them.

Goodnight.

Paddy Sarkozy

The Irish Government has invited the IMF to take up residence in the Department of Finance.

But for who?

We have been given a target of deficit reduction that is intended to get our deficit to 3% by 2014. In the process, and as an acknowleged side-effect, the Government expects growth to be negatively impact (in other words, their policy is fewer jobs, not more) and 100,000 people to leave.

100,000 people leaving will help them get to 10% unemployment and reduce social welfare expenditure though, so it's an important element in the plan.

The reason the Irish Government is killing jobs and forcing people to leave is because failure to reduce the deficit would imperil the Euro.

Imperiling the Euro is the greatest crime our Government could commit. Because it would damage other EU economies.

As such, our economic policy, here in Ireland, is to protect the prosperity of Germany and France.

This is a position agreed and accepted by all three major parties. It is the reason that you do not see Fine Gael or Labour highlighting the fact that we will have less jobs, or that the Government is banking on emigration as a strategy.

ARE WE F.UCKING MAD?????

We, as a people, are working to aid another country, not ourselves. Our children will work to ensure the stability of other countries, not ours.

This is the greatest act of treason in the history of the state. And it's going unspoken, and unpunished. We are sitting here, folks, taking it up the f.ucking arse, and none of us really care.

I usually write in the third person, but tonight, I want to say to you all, that I f.ucking care. Our country is being shat upon by a political establishment, and a business, civil service, and media elite that knows that so long as the Germans are happy, they'll be ok. But the working people of Ireland? They can go to hell.

We have come to a point of reckoning, folks. We are sacrificing the next 30 years of our existence on the altar of stability for a currency that was NEVER CONCEIVED as an economic unit. It is and was a political creation, and because politics triumphs over common sense, we are to be made pay for someone else's vision.

If this is allowed to happen, I'm leaving. Because if the Irish people are not ready to stand and fight, then I don't want to live amongst them.

Goodnight.

Goodnight.

SKELLY

hmm i was thinking of immigrating to Canada, on second thoughts i might go to Germany.

I actually hadn't considered it until now!!

Nonsence & lies

It' s so sad to see how weak and subservient us Irish have become. We saw 9 people on the nations topical tv shows tonight bend over and accept as faith acomplii our future. One man stood alone amongst them and said ************************ it, lets fight back. Paul sommerville could barely contain his anger while all the other overpaid wasters from politics, media and education etc just continued to waffle.

'orebel

'orebel thinks Spotty has hit the nail squarely on the head here.
It really is time for some sort of leadership or failing that, uprising.
C'mon the opposition!

Waddaya mean there's no opposition?

conservative green

But for who?

ARE WE F.UCKING MAD?????

Goodnight.
Agreed - you have nailed the core issue in this post. The core issue is our membership of the eurozone.

vanla sighs

Well said. We have become a buffer zone of the eurozone. Our task is to take the hits and keep smiling and do the odd jig and reel for Merkel and Sarkozy. We've been sold out and 90% of the population doesn't even realise it. FF and others stand guilty of treason, tonight Lenihan said on Bloomberg "we have a duty to the eurozone" No, you have a duty to Ireland and her people.

At this point I'd happily welcome a coup or a revolution - however with us Irish being Irish we'll remain in denial even when the sh!te is up to our necks.

Right is right

Well said. We have become a buffer zone of the eurozone. Our task is to take the hits and keep smiling and do the odd jig and reel for Merkel and Sarkozy. We've been sold out and 90% of the population doesn't even realise it. FF and others stand guilty of treason, tonight Lenihan said on Bloomberg "we have a duty to the eurozone" No, you have a duty to Ireland and her people.

At this point I'd happily welcome a coup or a revolution - however with us Irish being Irish we'll remain in denial even when the sh!te is up to our necks.
Where do you think we would have been without being in the Eurozone?

vanla sighs

Where do you think we would have been without being in the Eurozone?
With hindsight, better off. We could engage in so-called quantatative easing, set out our own interest rates. And our banks could not have, unless I'm mistaken, had access to the billions upon billions they had access to had we remained outside the eurozone. No access to such easy credit = no gigantic problems as we have today. Outside the eurozone does not mean outside the EU.

Just thinking, you could equate the eurozone to the ozone layer and the market to CFC's............and Irelands that hole that appreared above Antartica a few years back..........

Will someone stand up for the Irish citizen? Stop bailing out the banks!!

Watching Vinny Browne last night and I was shocked at the dismal perfromance of Labour and FG.

What is with this love of bailing out banks?

We are set tp borrow another 20 Billion form the EU/IMF to chuck at Anglo and the rest to be never be seen again. But the Irish citizen will have to find the money to pay back this added debt, and with all the money we are going to get screwed for why do we need another 20 Billion to be added?

Why are all our politicians hell bent on bailing out private business at the expsense of hitting the citizen for?

So what if we have guarenteed the banks, tear up the guarentee or let it run out, if Europe want to save the banks let them bail them out at their own expsense and nothing to do with us.

Why cant our politicians grow a pair and say the banks have nothing to do with the state, we are going to set up a good bank and let the toxic banks burn.

Why and how are we going to cope with another 20 billion plus for the sake of banks?

Are we really going to sit there and let the IMF order Hospitals and Schools shut down with all the other evil measures they will take for the sake of banks!

Speedfreak

Yeah!! What have those bloody Europeans ever done for us?!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso]YouTube - What have the Romans ever done for us[/ame]

Right is right

With hindsight, better off. We could engage in so-called quantatative easing, set out our own interest rates. And our banks could not have, unless I'm mistaken, had access to the billions upon billions they had access to had we remained outside the eurozone. No access to such easy credit = no gigantic problems as we have today. Outside the eurozone does not mean outside the EU.

Just thinking, you could equate the eurozone to the ozone layer and the market to CFC's............and Irelands that hole that appreared above Antartica a few years back..........
So we would have missed out on the billions of funding we got from Europe which means out infrastructure would be far worse than it is now. Our farmers would have missed out in billions of payments which again would have slowed down our economy massively as well.

If we didn't have such a massive current spending deficit our problems would be nowhere near as bad as they are. We are trying to cut down on current spending which isn't the same as paying the banks.

If we hadn't had decentralisation, benchmarking, HSE, massive over runs on all infrastructure projects, quangos, taken half the workforce out of the tax net, been the only European country without property taxes or rates then we wouldn't have had a deficit to reduce or if so it would have been far far smaller.

If the Govt hadn't guaranteed Anglo then our problems would be a fraction what they are also. If teh Govt had borrowed 10/15bn 2 years ago and set up a lending bank again our problems would be far less than they are now also.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
One day walking the streets of Dublin in 1949 and observing the levels of poverty and affluence would have prepared you for everything that is to come.

Watch out for those those Jonhnson, Mooney and O' Brian galloping horses as the bread and cakes are delivered.

vanla sighs

So we would have missed out on the billions of funding we got from Europe which means out infrastructure would be far worse than it is now. Our farmers would have missed out in billions of payments which again would have slowed down our economy massively as well.

If we didn't have such a massive current spending deficit our problems would be nowhere near as bad as they are. We are trying to cut down on current spending which isn't the same as paying the banks.

If we hadn't had decentralisation, benchmarking, HSE, massive over runs on all infrastructure projects, quangos, taken half the workforce out of the tax net, been the only European country without property taxes or rates then we wouldn't have had a deficit to reduce or if so it would have been far far smaller.

If the Govt hadn't guaranteed Anglo then our problems would be a fraction what they are also. If teh Govt had borrowed 10/15bn 2 years ago and set up a lending bank again our problems would be far less than they are now also.
And why would we have missed out on funding had we not entered the euro? Funding was given to Ireland before we entered the euro - funding wasn't dependant on our joining the eurozone. Structural funds had nothing to do with eurozone membership. The same applies to our farming sector.

Yes, some of what you say is correct: benchmarking, Anglo, property tax etc etc. However as I said with hindsight had we not entered the eurozone Irish banks would not, as far as I know, have had access to the billions upon billions which they did have access to. That's simply what I am saying.

Sync

And why would we have missed out on funding had we not entered the euro? Funding was given to Ireland before we entered the euro - funding wasn't dependant on our joining the eurozone. Structural funds had nothing to do with eurozone membership. The same applies to our farming sector.

Yes, some of what you say is correct: benchmarking, Anglo, property tax etc etc. However as I said with hindsight had we not entered the eurozone Irish banks would not, as far as I know, have had access to the billions upon billions which they did have access to. That's simply what I am saying.
I take your point Vanla, but honestly, it's like saying "If only they hadn't gotten into the car, they wouldn't have been hit by that drunk driver". It's technically true, but the cause of the problem isn't the fact that you got into the car, it's the fact that you got smashed by a drunk driver.

New Threads