• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

ITV in Trouble over Trial by Social Media

Bren Boru

ITV Reported To Ofcom Over Cameron 'Stunt'

So Philip Schofield and his daytime television show are now taking on topics such as paedophilia.

The entrepid researcher that is Schofield (one time childrens tv presenter) carried out a search on google and came up with a number of names of people he believes to be paedophiles and presented these names to David Cameron live on air. I assume there is a chance that some of the names on the list would be in a position to take ITV to the cleaners.

Of course, this raises issues about trial by twitter / google and the requirement for fair procedures.

But you'd also have to question the policy of reputable broadcasters having certain people and shows dealing with such issues. Some presenters should stick to reviewing Coronation Street.

Rural

Naming names, without proof is just plain stupid, and having Schofield on a serious, hard hitting programme, is like having Ray D'Arcy doing the same thing.

No brainer!

Hitch 22

So Philip Schofield and his daytime television show are now taking on topics such as paedophilia.

The entrepid researcher that is Schofield (one time childrens tv presenter) carried out a search on google and came up with a number of names of people he believes to be paedophiles and presented these names to David Cameron live on air. I assume there is a chance that some of the names on the list would be in a position to take ITV to the cleaners.

Of course, this raises issues about trial by twitter / google and the requirement for fair procedures.

But you'd also have to question the policy of reputable broadcasters having certain people and shows dealing with such issues. Some presenters should stick to reviewing Coronation Street.
Not surprised that you are shooting the messenger.

As David Icke explains paedophilia is a key method by which the reptilian elites harvest the bio wave energy of prepubescent children.
Procurers of children such as low level reptilian Jimmy Savile who sourced victims for the Illuminati elite are vital for the perpetuation of reptilian rule in the world. Via child rape, child murder, drinking the blood of children and child cannibalism, the elites can transmit the life force of child to the reptilian dimension where the reptilian manipulators of humanity can feed on it.

So people like Schofield (already banished by the reptilians to daytime television) will be crushed for exposing the paedophiles.:lol:

[video=youtube;OJ_vj-rAXtw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ_vj-rAXtw[/video]

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
Wow, I heard about this, but missed it on the news. Creepy stuff from Schofield. The situation in the wake of Jimmy Saville (no pun intended), is confusing though. We saw Panorama criticise Newsnight, but in the same program dance around the edges of accusiations that Newsnight was condemned for not airing when they were unproven. Freezing footage of a 'victim' in frame with Freddie Starr was an obvious nudge-nudge, wink-wink. With recognised serious journalists behaving in such a way, its probably little wonder that the likes of rating hounds like Schofield think its open season.

In an attempt to beat up somebody, the mainstream 'serious' media seems only to have beaten up a cloud of dust. Police forces still have to do their jobs. All of those named by Schofield may be guilty, or maybe some are not, or none are. But either way its deeply questionable to 'out' people like that, when due process might be affected.

ScreeOrTalus

PhilScho has got to go.

Mr. Magpie

I get the feeling that the people the media know a lot more than we know.

Up until recently it would have been possible to keep this quiet, not so now.

Saville, Glitter, Freddie Star, Care Homes, Jersey, Wales, Tory's, Freemasons.... drip... drip.... drip....

Rural

David Icke is a bit of a nut job himself.

Riadach

Gordon the Gopher would have more credibility.

Riadach

Ruff says Flaherty

Fair play to Scholfield. Those calling for him to be sacked....b1tch please. The look on Cameron's face was priceless.

Spanner Island

Storm in a teacup...

Didn't see it myself, but from what I've read the point Scholfield was making was that the names he sourced in a few minutes online can be sourced by anyone else using the internet...

Anyone on this site could do a quick search for them if they're interested and get the names in a few minutes...

Scholfield ain't the problem...

It's the gobsh!tes/websites posting the names without any proof who are the gobsh!tes and who should be pursued...

Cameron does have reason to be annoyed by this however, seeing as he was appearing to talk about another issue...

mary_queen_of_the_gael

Schofield should be sacked for this silly stunt.
Maybe he was set up, Mary Harney/Charlie style. It gave Cameron the chance to throw the red herring of homosexuals into the mix and for the pedos to claim they were being victimised. We now have the Yorkshire Ripper and Cameron united in calling for an end to the pedo hunt.

Potatoeman

Philip Schofield worked with children in the BBC which seems to be a hive for this sort of thing maybe he's trying to deflect from himself.

Dasayev

Potatoeman, wasn't Schofield sacked by the BBC for promoting the song Downtown? Ironically enough Petula Clark appeared on Top of the Pops as a result.

So if I was Schofield I think I'd be a little pissed-off about getting the sack for something so trivial, while truly vile individuals never faced any sanction from the BBC.

SKELLY

The thing is tho, as Schofield was handing the list to the PM the names could be seen!

If you had a HD telly and had recorded it you might have been able to make out the names.

The clip i saw was on c4 news and they blurred out the card as it was being handed to Cameron.

Paul Schofield is some gobshyte. His actions could jeopardize future criminal trials.