Ivan Yates Show

Wigmore

Hope I am not duplicating a discussion and displeasing the authorities.

I was listening to the show tonight and during the movie/TV discussion John Kelleher was on to review the recent cinema releases.

First one: Jumanji: JK admitted that he hadn't seen it, awarded it 3/5.
Second up: Perfect Pitch 3. He opened by admitting he hadn't seen it and developed his input by saying he hadn't seen the first two movies in the series either.

I was making the dinner and may have misheard - did I?

This could be the most amateuristic broadcasting I have ever heard in a franchised station.

Niall996

Hope I am not duplicating a discussion and displeasing the authorities.

I was listening to the show tonight and during the movie/TV discussion John Kelleher was on to review the recent cinema releases.

First one: Jumanji: JK admitted that he hadn't seen it, awarded it 3/5.
Second up: Perfect Pitch 3. He opened by admitting he hadn't seen it and developed his input by saying he hadn't seen the first two movies in the series either.

I was making the dinner and may have misheard - did I?

This could be the most amateuristic broadcasting I have ever heard in a franchised station.
Who is John Kelleher?

Analyzer

Ivan Yates is blueshirt former politician who works for Dinnymedia.

Niall996

Who is Ivan Yates?
Wasn't he some bookie who liked to gamble with his own money, the banks money and the nation at large? Was found bankrupt, cost the taxpayer millions, popped over to Wales for an extended holiday living off his ministers 'pension,' managed to squeeze in a big trip around America, had all his debts wiped away magically and will never ever have to contribute a penny towards the lump of his debt transferred to his neighbours, no matters what he earns in the future. And no matter what his neighbours earn, they must pay it off.

Uganda

Don't know how you found out that kelliher hadn't seen the flicks seeing as Yates never lets anyone get more than two words out without interrupting.l

Maction

JK is the former State Censor and movie producer. Previously worked in RTÉ too I think. A very nice guy. Don’t know much about his contributions to NT admittedly

firefly123

I always find yates woefully unprepared for his shows. He always appears mildly lost and gets flustered between segments. He comes in to his own a bit when baiting politicians or phishing for people to text in for 30 cent a pop. Otherwise he is terrible

Uganda

I always find yates woefully unprepared for his shows. He always appears mildly lost and gets flustered between segments. He comes in to his own a bit when baiting politicians or phishing for people to text in for 30 cent a pop. Otherwise he is terrible
He used be beter when he was the double act with Donohoe in the morning.

Now he has become like an rte interviewer - interrupting, haranguing, and really more interested in his own views than those of the interviewee.

Levellers

I could just about stand Yates when he had the professional Donohoe picking up the pieces.

On his own he is worse than Finucane and a match for Hook in the incompetency stakes.

Man or Mouse

Wasn't he some bookie who liked to gamble with his own money, the banks money and the nation at large? Was found bankrupt, cost the taxpayer millions, popped over to Wales for an extended holiday living off his ministers 'pension,' managed to squeeze in a big trip around America, had all his debts wiped away magically and will never ever have to contribute a penny towards the lump of his debt transferred to his neighbours, no matters what he earns in the future. And no matter what his neighbours earn, they must pay it off.
Merely a variation on the theme. When you can borrow thousands, or even hundreds of thousands from the bank, you can get in trouble. When you can borrow millions from the bank, the bank can get in trouble.

If society doesn't like those outcomes, it has to change the rules or take Shakespeare's advice and neither a borrower or a lender be.

darkhorse

I could just about stand Yates when he had the professional Donohoe picking up the pieces.

On his own he is worse than Finucane and a match for Hook in the incompetency stakes.
Have to agree
He has a way of talking to his audience as if they are all suffering from acute dementia
Its the combination of arrogance and intentional stupidity that's so irritating

Uganda

Have to agree
He has a way of talking to his audience as if they are all suffering from acute dementia
Its the combination of arrogance and intentional stupidity that's so irritating
I dont quite recall him doing that.......................

Levellers

I dont quite recall him doing that.......................
It is how he sounds but that is because beyond politics he has no intelligence on any other subject aside from a shredded interest in sport.

His faux support for Man City was exposed when he didn't even know who Bert Trautmann was.

LISTOWEL MAN

bringing Eamon Dunphy back on the show after he split hairs for a pedophile was an insult to the viewers

Franzoni

With most of the films coming out of Hollywood these days you would be safe enough giving anything a low rating unseen and save a few hours of your life for something more productive...

Can no one in Hollywood see past remaking films already seen as classics or the usual regurgitated shyte about Dystopian landscapes and everyone running for their lives ..?

Not surprised the likes of Netflix and HBO have been so successful with the quality of the writing and acting in recent years .....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies