Ivana Bacik: 71% of the people in Dun Laoghaire are “short-sighted and small-minded”

setanta

Now now Ivana, calm down. I still think you have a good chance of riding in on Gimore's coat-tails. Despite being totally out of touch with mainstream Ireland.
First a lie, then a mistake. You're batting average is pretty cr@p today.

Berty

From her website as an Independent Senator:

On June 11th, 2004 the Referendum on Citizenship was passed. I was very much against the proposed change to our citizenship laws. Because of this, I set up a campaign group, Lawyers Against the Amendment, with other legal collegues. We took a prominent role in the referendum debate. We argued that the referendum was a short-sighted and small-minded proposal... Ivana Bacik | Independant Senator for Dublin University

The Referendum was overwhelmingly passed by 79% of voters, including 71% of the Dun Laoghaire electorate. Clearly, Ms Bachik is out of touch with the vast majority of the Irish people who overwhelmingly agreed with this “short-sighted and small-minded” proposal.
I think and certainly hope that all the electrorate are better informed now and there'll no bouts of political myopia.

Hopefully the electorate will vote based upon what the parties and and their candidates are going to do rather that the usual spin that has been vomitted at the door steps in the past.

ne0ica

Nice to see the anti-Ivana brigade fearful of her taking a seat are already out on maneuvers.
Well with ultra obnoxious elitist liberals like Ivana on the Labour ticket, FF must have renewed hope.

Trampas

On June 11th, 2004 the Referendum on Citizenship was passed. I was very much against the proposed change to our citizenship laws. Because of this, I set up a campaign group, Lawyers Against the Amendment, with other legal collegues. We took a prominent role in the referendum debate. We argued that the referendum was a short-sighted and small-minded proposal... Ivana Bacik | Independant Senator for Dublin University

The Referendum was overwhelmingly passed by 79% of voters, including 71% of the Dun Laoghaire electorate. Clearly, Ms Bachik is out of touch with the vast majority of the Irish people who overwhelmingly agreed with this “short-sighted and small-minded” proposal.

What should be more worrying for the people of DLR is not Bacik's opposition to that referendum but her refusal to accept that any problem existed, in the face of authoritative statements from the masters of the Dublin maternity hospitals.

setanta

Only reason Labour aren't getting my vote. That and the fact they don't have any policies.
Spoofer ... you never had any intention of voting Labour in the first place.

Riadach

Spoofer ... you never had any intention of voting Labour in the first place.

Hot off the presses - man whose opinions have been consistently socially conservative refuses to vote for left wing party.

The Indo might run it.

setanta

Well with ultra obnoxious elitist liberals like Ivana on the Labour ticket, FF must have renewed hope.
Someone else who has difficulties with his masculinity. It's like the fact that those who are most vociferously anti-gay are precisely the ones with the greatest problems with their own sexuality. I'm delighted that Ivana puts the willies up the likes of you.

Change is coming, my friend, and it wears a skirt (or maybe comfortable slacks) :)

Riadach

Someone else who has difficulties with his masculinity. It's like the fact that those who are most vociferously anti-gay are precisely the ones with the greatest problems with their own sexuality. I'm delighted that Ivana puts the willies up the likes of you.
Change is coming, my friend, and it wears a skirt (or maybe comfortable slacks) :)
Probably unfortunate phrasing.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com

Troll OP.

Super8

Do you work for the Indo? Because you misquote and mislead like their editors do. Ivana Bacik was trying to guide people's viewpoint not play to their irrational fears like the Irish Independent and friends do.

setanta

Thanks for digging this out. Although I am sorry to see it means that Ivana will only get 29% of the vote, at least she will be elected! :)

UcanB

Dun Laoghaire should be an interesting fight - Boyd Barrett, Gilmore, Bacik plus about 100 independents.
Hard to think of a less likeable person than Bacik though. Elitist, privileged, with that dreadful accent. And she is perhaps the only person in the world who looks worse when she smiles.
My bet would be Gilmore, Hanafin, Boyd barrett and barrett (if he is running).

MZDazy

I'm Dun Laoghaire also and completely agree re: Bacik. She's actually the reason I won't vote Gilmore as she would just get his transfers. Still hoping for a couple of decent independents (David McWilliams if you're following, I'd vote for you) as otherwise it's hard to know what to do. Boyd Barret is such a nut job, Barrett so incredibly old school...

cogol

Does the original poster work for the Sindo by any chance? If not, you should. That's one of the best examples of misleading headlines I've see since "SHINNERS STORM THE DAIL"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies