Iveagh House fury at being considered Anti ISIS

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The Sir Humphreys in Iveagh House lack courage

[video=youtube;ik8JT2S-kBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik8JT2S-kBE[/video]

They fear what might happen were they to be seen as militarily against ISIS ...as against merely "hand wringingly" against ISIS

US military removes Tricolour from anti-Isis website
Responding to a query from The Irish Times, the Department of Foreign Affairs said Ireland “has not and will not” participate in international military action against Isis. “Our flag should not be used in this context and we are following up,” a spokesman said. The flag was removed within five days.
Charlie Flanagan is dumb as a box of rocks ...I doubt he understands whats going on around him ...feic it...his father would have been preferable ...

cyp

The_SR

I'm a bit lost as to what your problem here is. We are not engaged in military action and the US government shouldn't state we are

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I'm a bit lost as to what your problem here is. We are not engaged in military action and the US government shouldn't state we are
We signed up ...but the Sir Humphreys say this:
Ireland belongs to a coalition of 67 states formed in September 2014 to coordinate work on a number of fronts, including military operations, halting the flow of foreign fighters, cutting off Islamic State’s access to funding and providing humanitarian relief. Members are not expected to contribute to all aspects, a Department of Foreign Affairs spokesman said,
...Ireland does not have any Defence Forces or other personnel attached to Operation Inherent Resolve and none of the money Ireland has pledged as part of the broad coalition has gone towards the anti-Isis military campaign,” the spokesman said.
We are giving certain supports that clealry are part of the military supply chain ...e.g. certainly is traffic through Ireland - there are links back to here on counter terrorist financing etc

Iveagh House went all yellow belly

cyp

GDPR

The free state fully supported Al Qaeda in Libya in 2011. A known Islamist terrorists was even interview on the Late Late Show and treated as a hero of democracy.

stopdoingstuff

We should not be involved in any overseas military activities.

Mister men

When the jihadists return here and stage an attack on Irish soil maybe Flanagan will wake up then.

Jack O Neill

When the jihadists return here and stage an attack on Irish soil maybe Flanagan will wake up then.
The Jihadists would seem to have plenty to occupy them for the moment rather than contemplating any attacks on this wet rock , i am sure if that changes the US will find them another war they can martyr themselves in anyway

Nebuchadnezzar

Did Iveagh House contact ISIS last November to protest at their inclusion of the Irish Flag in their threatening video against "the Coalition of Devils"?

Ireland in

LDF

We have to keep our options open. If ISIS ever take over a country we might want to sell them some goodies.

parentheses

At least they're not as bad as America.

America actually gives close air support to ISIS.

Filibuster

Well, it's quite presumptuous of the US (or at least their web development team) to include us in a military alliance we are not members of.

But, that being said is the whole world not against ISIS (other than a few crackpot places) ?

We'd want to be careful that we are not straying into extremes of Irish neutrality to the point that we start sending condolences to Hitler again or something...

Our neutrality stances sometimes can stretch to the point of being absolutely ridiculous and really just living in a little magic bubble where we hope nobody notices us.

I understand the pragmatic approach taken to WWII given our really screwed up relationship with the UK at the time, and I can understand not taking an aggressive role in wars, but this is not a war between states, it's basically an anti-terrorism operation.

The only reason we have been able to avoid being in NATO is that we are basically surrounded by well armed, friendly nations. You're not going to get anywhere near Ireland as you'd have to get past the UK, France and the US.

That seems to basically the the sum total of our defence plan. Other than the Kyte with feck off written on it.

I'm not necessarily saying we need to be in NATO, but we do need to have a properly resourced defence setup that isn't completely dependent on an assumption that we'll be rescued by friendly neighbours without any formal agreements in place.

Last edited:

eoghanacht

Cyp thinks Irishmen and women from the lower orders should be sacrificed at the altar of American imperialism to protect his right to sit through the night creating money sex threads

eoghanacht

Anyway the war monger Sam Power is doing more than enough that the rest of us can stand back at a safe distance.

realistic1

The Sir Humphreys in Iveagh House lack courage

[video=youtube;ik8JT2S-kBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik8JT2S-kBE[/video]

They fear what might happen were they to be seen as militarily against ISIS ...as against merely "hand wringingly" against ISIS

US military removes Tricolour from anti-Isis website

Charlie Flanagan is dumb as a box of rocks ...I doubt he understands whats going on around him ...feic it...his father would have been preferable ...

cyp
Why would the State do anything that would harm their current plan to import hoards of Islamic immigrants.

Filibuster

Why would the State do anything that would harm their current plan to import hoards of Islamic immigrants.
I'm not sure that is the plan. We actually operate one of the least friendly / open systems in the EU for refugees. We just don't shout about it as much as certain countries in the eastern parts of Europe do.

Charlie Flanagan got a fairly rough time in an interview with Charlie Rose (PBS/Bloomberg) in the US recently about the 4000 refugee commitment, even though on a per capita basis it's 1 refugee per 1148.75 in Ireland vs 1 per 3189 in the USA. Their taking 100,000 just sounds more impressive. To meet the same levels as Ireland they would need to take 277,606 refugees.

https://charlierose.com/videos/28861?autoplay=true (Interview)

I was actually surprised the minister hadn't been given these figures to potentially bat off that question.

The huge concern I would have is whether we have the resources to adequately monitor these threats.

We have a lot of anti-terrorism capability and strong laws, but it's all aimed at Northern Ireland issues and, I would assume, monitoring home grown organisations is a hell of a lot easier than ones where you have basically no / extremely few staff with the language abilities or understanding of the culture to get information.

Considering the UK and France struggle with this, and they've huge knowledge and access both in terms of personnel and technology, it's really worrying me that Ireland appears to be attempting to go it alone.

A lot of European countries have assumed they're 'grand' until something happens. I just hope we are being more proactive behind the scenes than is evident from my perspective as a citizen looking in.

Last edited:

former wesleyan

I'm not sure that is the plan. We actually operate one of the least friendly / open systems in the EU for refugees. We just don't shout about it as much as certain countries in the eastern parts of Europe do.

Charlie Flanagan got a fairly rough time in an interview with Charlie Rose (PBS/Bloomberg) in the US recently about the 4000 refugee commitment, even though on a per capita basis it's 1 refugee per 1148.75 in Ireland vs 1 per 3189 in the USA. Their taking 100,000 just sounds more impressive. To meet the same levels as Ireland they would need to take 277,606 refugees.

https://charlierose.com/videos/28861?autoplay=true (Interview)

I was actually surprised the minister hadn't been given these figures to potentially bat off that question.

The huge concern I would have is whether we have the resources to adequately monitor these threats.

We have a lot of anti-terrorism capability and strong laws, but it's all aimed at Northern Ireland issues and, I would assume, monitoring home grown organisations is a hell of a lot easier than ones where you have basically no / extremely few staff with the language abilities or understanding of the culture to get information.

Considering the UK and France struggle with this, and they've huge knowledge and access both in terms of personal and technology, it's really worrying me that Ireland appears to be attempting to go it alone.

A lot of European countries have assumed they're 'grand' until something happens. I just hope we are being more proactive behind the scenes than is evident from my perspective as a citizen looking in.
That's the second common sense post from you. I'm surprised the mods haven't intervened.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies