• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Jack O'Connor ...Pot calling the kettle black

Howya

IT story about Ibec calling for PS pension reform.
Siptu rejects Ibec pension calls - The Irish Times - Thu, Feb 14, 2013

Jack O'Connor is quoted as saying
“Mr McGinty represents the most feather-bedded employer class in Western Europe, buoyed up as they are, by a corporate tax regime that his contemporaries across the Continent would give their eye teeth for, and which is subsidised by the Irish taxpayer.”
Whatever about the merits of Ibec's arguments, O'Connor's comments suggests he has forgotten his own "feather-bedded position".

Andy4571

firefly123

Typical union gobsh1te is O'Connor. The PS pension wagebill is totally unsustainable and has to be reformed.
To be honest you are going off topic. This thread is about jack o Connor being a gobshyte I think. :)

Howya

I thought it was valentines day here................who let the idiots out? :roll:
...the idiots....
would that be
(a) Ibec
(b) Siptu
(c) me
(d) none of the above

Porkypie

There was a huge banner on display at the protest march in Dublin last Saturday 09/02/13 It showed a cartoon of Jack O'Connor and Gilmore with their hands over their mouths. If someone has a photo of it please post it on P.ie. I took a photo of it but I must have forgotten to save it.

Fr.Ted Crilly

firefly123

Subsidised by the taxpayer too....
How much is he on again? €200,000+?
I believe JoC and his beard live on €100,000 a year and please tell me how he is subsidised by non SIPTU members

EDIT: to please Andy4571 who accused me of lying its €124,000.
EDIT to the EDIT: apparently its €115,000. Andy you big liar you!

Last edited:

Howya

........or the gobshyte who posted the OP. petunia
As egotistical as I may be, but no, the OP is not about me.

Fr.Ted Crilly

Haven't seen much of the little bearded f*ck since his 'moment' on TV with Pat Kenny.
He's been keeping a seriously low profile, hasn't he?
SIPTU members must be so proud of him.

Fr.Ted Crilly

firefly123

Are SIPTU members not taxpayers now?
So McDonalds is subsidised by the tax payer now? Wow Fr Ted this is a big admission on your part. I look forward to reminding you of it when you next hurl abuse at public sector workers ;)

Andy4571

Fr.Ted Crilly

I believe JoC and his beard live on €100,000 a year and please tell me how he is subsidised by non SIPTU members
Ah, that's ok then. €100,000 a year!

edit.... Just had a quick google there and as of last September he's on €115,000 PA.

truthandjustice

What has jack done now? Oh and by the way I've been a public servant since 1996, any chance I could have every penny I have paid into my pension because the amount I put in will never be seen by my eyes. Lets just get my money back and we will call it quits.