• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Jackie Healy-Rae withdrawing support from Government over Drink Driving Limit

kerrynorth

JHR has announced on Newstalk that he will be withdrawing his support for the government over the proposed reduced drink driving limit and will vote against the measure in the Dail. He stated that his mind is made up and that he will not be reversing his decision.

hiding behind a poster

JHR has announced on Newstalk that he will be withdrawing his support for the government over the proposed reduced drink driving limit and will vote against the measure in the Dail. He stated that his mind is made up and that he will not be reversing his decision.
So what. He knows the Opposition won't oppose the Bill, so he just gets a free pass to his joke "standing up for ordinary rural people" routine.

Simbo67

He's some boyo, the country is literally going down the tubes and he is concerned about the rural man who wants to drive down to the pub, have a few drinks and drive home.

smitchy2

Hilarious.
The only thing is that it puts the opposition in a difficult position as they will be opposing the limit reduction if they vote with the backbench gombeens and Jackie Healy.

White Horse

I am sceptical about the proposed reduction in the drinking limit but potentially pulling down the government over it while supporting Nama and the HSE is ridiculous.

White Horse

Hilarious.
The only thing is that it puts the opposition in a difficult position as they will be opposing the limit reduction if they vote with the backbench gombeens and Jackie Healy.
The word is that Gilmore will oppose the reduction to 50. He wants 49. :rolleyes:

kerrynorth

It puts the opposition in a difficult position as they will now have to support the government because they want an election even less than the government and need this government to be the one's to deliver the 2010 budget

the only reason jakie is opposed to this is because he himself and his family run a pub, dont they?

im nearly sure i was in it once upon a time whilst i took a break in kerry to do the ring, its more so like an old house with the fireplace and all that ,and the men and women go to different sides, now i do stand to be corrected but im nearly sure thet healy rae owns this pub ,does anypone know the name of it or acn any one second this.

Anorakphobia

If you listen to his victory circus two years ago (youtube) after his campaign manager told his racist joke about the KKK, JHR seems to suggest (semi cohernt so cant be certain) that the guards should look the other way when they were driving home from Kenmare later that night.
Cue roars of approval from the assembled slack jaws

Total and utter tosser.

mr_anderson

I am sceptical about the proposed reduction in the drinking limit but potentially pulling down the government over it while supporting Nama and the HSE is ridiculous.

+1

Ahhh sure its ok if you fucc over the population and force them into a colossol inter-generational debt .... but don't try and mess with my right to drink and drive !

Im trying to see the funny side of his set of values (without much luck) . :(

The biggest revolt in FF for God knows how long, everyone getting hot under the collar, one after another lining up to have a pop at their own Party's proposals. NAMA? The bank guarantees? This country's so beyond help, it is truly unfunny...

The only funny thing about this is that the very 'rural' types being spoken about, if they drive to the pub at all, are probably already blithely ignoring the legal limit anyway (either not drinking or drinking a few). This mythical group who drive to the pub to drink less than a pint, I'd like to know who they are...

Iarmhi Gael

The biggest revolt in FF for God knows how long, everyone getting hot under the collar, one after another lining up to have a pop at their own Party's proposals. NAMA? The bank guarantees? This country's so beyond help, it is truly unfunny...

The only funny thing about this is that the very 'rural' types being spoken about, if they drive to the pub at all, are probably already blithely ignoring the legal limit anyway (either not drinking or drinking a few). This mythical group who drive to the pub to drink less than a pint, I'd like to know who they are...
People understand Pub maths then Economics. A guy sitting in rural Ireland understands more that he cannot have his Glass of Guiness against some guy in the IMF coming in to run the country.

Pub industry is on its knees - why do this is beyond me - it makes no sense.

B

birthday

It puts the opposition in a difficult position as they will now have to support the government because they want an election even less than the government and need this government to be the one's to deliver the 2010 budget
You have it here.

breakingnews

Cowen has fudged the issue anyway - he's saying now that they have to wait til the North changes it' rules on drink driving - a case of Cowen putting FF before the country.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies