• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

James Larkin's Birthdate

Liverpoolblue

There is a baptism record for St. Patrick's church Liverpool (it can be viewed on the Ancestry website) that suggests that James Larkin was not born in 1876 but born in 1874. It looks like he was actually born on 28 Jan 1874 and baptised on 4 Feb 1874 at St. Patrick's. His parents were James Larkin and Mary Ann McAnulty. The plaque at Combermere Street Liverpool and other sources have the wrong birthdate:-

James Larkin brown plaque in Liverpool

James Larkin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lb

Liverpoolblue

There is a birth registration for the Jan/Feb/Mar quarter of 1874 for a James Larkin in the West Derby district which covered Toxteth at the time. There are no matching birth registrations for the Jan/Feb/Mar quarter of 1876.

Lb

automaticforthepeople

I think Jim was always being asked about this everytime he bought a ticket on William Martin Murphy's trams. He actually looked 2 years older than he claimed to be and was usually caght by inspectors fortravelling as an adult on a childs fare. This actually inspired his hatred of Murphy so much that in later life he caused the lockout.

electoralshock

James Larkin always remind me of my Leaving Certificate Irish Oral. I mentioned I was in Liverpool recently and the examiner me to talk someone famous from Liverpool. The only person I could think under pressure was 'Big Jim'.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies