James Reilly's increasing prominence

flavirostris

I can't help noticing that Reilly seems to the main voice of FG at the moment. watched him earlier on Sky, heard him being interviewed on BBC Radio 4 and he was the FG spokesman on 6:1 this evening.

Vote_No_on_Everything

he is another brian cowan, (with a beard added on)

Trophonius

Good work by the FG PR group. They know Kenny isn't sellable.

Baron von Biffo

FG can't risk Kenny in the wild too much. Dail set-pieces are dangerous enough but allowing him to give interviews when the situation is changing so rapidly is like playing Russian Roulette with 6 full chambers.

turdsl

He is head and shoulders above the rest, Dept of Health will damage him. Harney has so much damage done and now no money.

culmore

Reilly was very impressive today, he is now the main man for Fg, way ahead of Bruton even on finance matters, next leader of Fg and a future Taoseach

orbit

Dunno he reminds me of that character Brendan Grace played on a few episodes of Father Ted. Father Stack.

YouTube - Fr Stack
The resemblance used to be very striking, but he seems to have smartened up the image a bit, and he is sounding more and more authoritative all the time.

hmmm

he is another brian cowan, (with a beard added on)
Exactly. All bluster and spittle and false rehearsed rage, he was caught on TWIP the other night arranging his cue cards and launching into some prepared rant by reading one. There are about 10 FG'ers I'd put on TV before him.

spidermom

Question that should be asked is why no Enda??
As for Reilly???...NO thanks!
Give me Richard Bruton anyday!

civilserpant

Exactly. All bluster and spittle and false rehearsed rage, he was caught on TWIP the other night arranging his cue cards and launching into some prepared rant by reading one. There are about 10 FG'ers I'd put on TV before him.
He was writting his notes during the show as Hanafin & Burton made points, I do the same when giving a speech and fresh points. Whats your point? Is the sign of a competant person that they memorise everything or that they address the key points????

Honestly, this is getting ridiculous. Whats important is the message, not who delivers it or their oratory panche.

hmmm

Honestly, this is getting ridiculous. Whats important is the message, not who delivers it or their oratory panche.
Go on believing that's what matters in politics in 2010 and Labour will be the biggest party.

Hooch

Yep, he strongly reminds me of a Fr. Ted character.

Lets hope he can sort out our health system though!

JMcGynty

Yep, he strongly reminds me of a Fr. Ted character.

Lets hope he can sort out our health system though!
He cant be put in health, he is the former head of the consultants union so he would be both biased and compromised

New Threads

Most Replies